Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! - Page 196

post #2926 of 3909

Wowzers, the Z1050 is now $79.99 brand new haha.  Looks like ill be going back tommorow to collect my $20 difference back.  And I thought $100 for this was hot, $80 is even better!

 

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-walkman-16gb-4-3-touchscreen-mp3-player-with-android-nwzz1050r-red-nwz-z1050r/10196060.aspx?path=c46a1af25a25249d7fa001e9d1909450en02

post #2927 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassheadd View Post

Wowzers, the Z1050 is now $79.99 brand new haha.  Looks like ill be going back tommorow to collect my $20 difference back.  And I thought $100 for this was hot, $80 is even better!

 

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-walkman-16gb-4-3-touchscreen-mp3-player-with-android-nwzz1050r-red-nwz-z1050r/10196060.aspx?path=c46a1af25a25249d7fa001e9d1909450en02

that is a steal. looks like the online store is sold out.

post #2928 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassheadd View Post

Wowzers, the Z1050 is now $79.99 brand new haha.  Looks like ill be going back tommorow to collect my $20 difference back.  And I thought $100 for this was hot, $80 is even better!

 

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-walkman-16gb-4-3-touchscreen-mp3-player-with-android-nwzz1050r-red-nwz-z1050r/10196060.aspx?path=c46a1af25a25249d7fa001e9d1909450en02

Buy a better pair of ears for that money tongue.gif

post #2929 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassheadd View Post

Wowzers, the Z1050 is now $79.99 brand new haha.  Looks like ill be going back tommorow to collect my $20 difference back.  And I thought $100 for this was hot, $80 is even better!

 

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sony-sony-walkman-16gb-4-3-touchscreen-mp3-player-with-android-nwzz1050r-red-nwz-z1050r/10196060.aspx?path=c46a1af25a25249d7fa001e9d1909450en02

 

Just got the price adjustment after calling Future Shop :)

post #2930 of 3909

will def be giving my friendly futureshop CS operator a call after NEW YEARS holiday. while i didnt think i overpaid, $80 is even better!

 

on another note, i finally got to upgrade to ICS this blurry morning. thxs to this thread, it was totallypainless. that said, im not sure ICS is better than GINGERBREAD - more a different flavor. as reported, absolute Vol seemingly increasing & overall SQ seemingly got brighter. gone forever is the smooth yet detailed sweet Sony sound as things are slightly but noticeably edgier. while nicer ICS doesnt seem faster or smoother to me.

 

beerchug.gifHAPPY 2013 EVERYONEbeerchug.gif

post #2931 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

 

Just got the price adjustment after calling Future Shop :)

 

Just got back from Future Shop, they gave me $50 back so I got this thing for $50 haha.  Cause I got this for $99 originally with a $30 override.

post #2932 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post

I have ICS and want to root it. Sorry, but I did go through almost 10 pages and couldn't find anything. Mind lending a hand? :P

 

Also, has anyone of you had a screen flickering issue with full brightness?

 

Looks like I'm in the same boat, then. I'm on Gingerbread, and I realized that there wasn't anything about rooting while in ICS.

post #2933 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiebabie View Post

will def be giving my friendly futureshop CS operator a call after NEW YEARS holiday. while i didnt think i overpaid, $80 is even better!

 

on another note, i finally got to upgrade to ICS this blurry morning. thxs to this thread, it was totallypainless. that said, im not sure ICS is better than GINGERBREAD - more a different flavor. as reported, absolute Vol seemingly increasing & overall SQ seemingly got brighter. gone forever is the smooth yet detailed sweet Sony sound as things are slightly but noticeably edgier. while nicer ICS doesnt seem faster or smoother to me.

 

beerchug.gifHAPPY 2013 EVERYONEbeerchug.gif

Have you checked the new clear phase setting is unchecked? I think it is on by default. It really increase the clarity with the provided earphone and my PFE232 but I don't like it with my GR07. 

post #2934 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassheadd View Post

 

Just got back from Future Shop, they gave me $50 back so I got this thing for $50 haha.  Cause I got this for $99 originally with a $30 override.

 

Niiiiiiice.

post #2935 of 3909
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiebabie View Post

will def be giving my friendly futureshop CS operator a call after NEW YEARS holiday. while i didnt think i overpaid, $80 is even better!

 

on another note, i finally got to upgrade to ICS this blurry morning. thxs to this thread, it was totallypainless. that said, im not sure ICS is better than GINGERBREAD - more a different flavor. as reported, absolute Vol seemingly increasing & overall SQ seemingly got brighter. gone forever is the smooth yet detailed sweet Sony sound as things are slightly but noticeably edgier. while nicer ICS doesnt seem faster or smoother to me.

 

beerchug.gifHAPPY 2013 EVERYONEbeerchug.gif

Thats why im not going to bother updating mine cause Im not willing to give up any of the bass I have now.  Im a basshead and right now on 2.3 this player gives out bass in spades.  Big reason why I loved the X1000 and what I missed on my iphone4.

post #2936 of 3909

I have to say that this player is no slouch when it comes to driving headphones. The volume is set 2 spots away from silent and I'm already finding it too loud through my TBSE1s. Is there anything like Voodoo that sets a much lower minimum volume?

 

Edit: It's so aggressive! Even on Gingerbread with all sound features off it sounds so much brighter than my E438F! Subbass is also getting on my nerves.


Edited by mbamg - 1/1/13 at 2:28pm
post #2937 of 3909

i also got $60 refund from cyber monday sale since they have extended holiday price adjustment instead of 30 day limit.

post #2938 of 3909

A question popped up in my mind last night while listening to some metal tunes. The DSEE is to recover lost high-tones which are omitted during compression, right?
So if one has lossless music, how does this option benefit the listener? Does it do anything more than what's specified??
IMO, after checking the option, the highs become over-extended when listening to lossless music.

What do you guys think?

post #2939 of 3909

I never tried this as I always listen to stuff in WAV so never had it on as it obviously is intended for mp3 files, I thought or assumed it would not do anything with lossless as there is nothing missing for it to add to.  If it still does take effect then I can only think it does overkill accentuate those frequencies (not in a good way!)

 

Might have a dabble later as I thought from memory trying  DSEE years ago with WAV's I heard no differenceconfused_face_2.gif

post #2940 of 3909

the only way i see us getting a working root for the ics walkman z is to start donation pool and offer it up at the sony tablet s android development section over at xda for a method to root. i'm pretty sure the walkman z rom is the same as the sony tablet s rom. i think they'd do it for around $50 bucks or less maybe. if everyone gave a little we could probably do it, i don't know.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!