Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! - Page 185

post #2761 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

 

Like most player, you will have problems with it.  However, you can browse using folder option.

 

 

Just installed ICS update on the Z now.  Flac is now native with the Z walkman.  :)

 

hows the sound, bro? still the same?

post #2762 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

 

hows the sound, bro? still the same?

 

Yes, pretty much the same.  Nice to have Flac supports though.  I'm going to have to test it out for a few more days to see how it operates.  

post #2763 of 3927

Anyone with Canadian Z1060 successfully installed the update? The program can't recognize my player for some reason.

post #2764 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestnaru View Post

Anyone with Canadian Z1060 successfully installed the update? The program can't recognize my player for some reason.

Make sure you have at least 500 MB left in the player prior to update.  I was having problems updating initially but once I cleared up space, everything went as should.

post #2765 of 3927

I have 6.6gb space left so it's not the storage problem.

I also tried different versions of the firmware (for z1060blk and z1060) and no luck.

It just kept asking me to connect the device when I had followed all the instruction from sony website.

post #2766 of 3927

My Sony Walkman Z1070 is now running Ice Cream Sandwich.

Thanks for the update link.

post #2767 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

I even downloaded the update manually directly to my PC and tried to update directly, but still the same!!!

 

What is your advice?

 

 

New FW version 2.00 for Z1000 series in Japanese

 

http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/Z1000/NW-Z1000_V2_00_0000.exe

 

New FW version 1.10 for F800 series in Japanese

 

http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/F800/NW-F800_V1_10_0000.exe

 

English updates should follow soon.


how to update bro? just put it in the root directory of the mp3 player then restart? like dx100 updates?

post #2768 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post


how to update bro? just put it in the root directory of the mp3 player then restart? like dx100 updates?

Just run the "EXE" file and follow the command.  Place the update executable file on you desktop, double click to run, follow command...hook your unit to computer....  Make sure your unit has plenty of battery prior to upgrade.

post #2769 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestnaru View Post

I have 6.6gb space left so it's not the storage problem.

I also tried different versions of the firmware (for z1060blk and z1060) and no luck.

It just kept asking me to connect the device when I had followed all the instruction from sony website.

 

Those links are for Japanese units.  You will need a different file for N. America units.

post #2770 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

Just run the "EXE" file and follow the command.  Place the update executable file on you desktop, double click to run, follow command...hook your unit to computer....  Make sure your unit has plenty of battery prior to upgrade.


thanks again! i wanna go home but i just arrived in my office lol

post #2771 of 3927

I can confirm it works on the canadian z1060.  I did everything it says to do on the sony website like de-select usb storage in the settings, then connect the usb cord,

the run the firmware update.  I would say it took five minutes.  The only question I have now is what is the best way to put flac on it, just drag and drop?

I tried media go, but it still converted the files after I told it not to lol!!  Isn't it sexy we got ics!!! woooo wooo!!!!gs1000.gif

post #2772 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by zfannewb View Post

I can confirm it works on the canadian z1060.  I did everything it says to do on the sony website like de-select usb storage in the settings, then connect the usb cord,

the run the firmware update.  I would say it took five minutes.  The only question I have now is what is the best way to put flac on it, just drag and drop?

I tried media go, but it still converted the files after I told it not to lol!!  Isn't it sexy we got ics!!! woooo wooo!!!!gs1000.gif

 

 

Drag and drop is the way to go.  

post #2773 of 3927
post #2774 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

 

Those links are for Japanese units.  You will need a different file for N. America units.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfannewb View Post

I can confirm it works on the canadian z1060.  I did everything it says to do on the sony website like de-select usb storage in the settings, then connect the usb cord,

the run the firmware update.  I would say it took five minutes.  The only question I have now is what is the best way to put flac on it, just drag and drop?

I tried media go, but it still converted the files after I told it not to lol!!  Isn't it sexy we got ics!!! woooo wooo!!!!gs1000.gif

 


Thanks! Turned out my browser set my location to Latin America and the build is different from the Canada version. (V2_00_0001 instead of V2_00_0002 for Canadian model) 

Stupid of me for not looking at it more closely. It's updating as I type. This update arrives much faster than I expect!

I am surprised Sony America didn't give us any notice for this big update.

 

I also noticed SonyStyle.ca doesn't have Z1060 anymore. Hope we can see F800 here soon. 


Edited by bestnaru - 12/5/12 at 7:57pm
post #2775 of 3927
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

I even downloaded the update manually directly to my PC and tried to update directly, but still the same!!!

 

What is your advice?

 

 

New FW version 2.00 for Z1000 series in Japanese

 

http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/Z1000/NW-Z1000_V2_00_0000.exe

 

New FW version 1.10 for F800 series in Japanese

 

http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/F800/NW-F800_V1_10_0000.exe

 

English updates should follow soon.

 

 

I didn't know they had another update so soon. I updated mines a few days ago and I think it was 1.27 version, not sure though. I'll try updating the new version and see what happens.

 

Last time all I did was restart and then update and it worked.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!