Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Review: Cavalli Liquid Lightning
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: Cavalli Liquid Lightning - Page 17

post #241 of 308
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Agreed the not even close comment but 180 degrees from what your experiences were for me.

 

Compared to which 'stats?

post #242 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Compared to which 'stats?

SR007 (MK I or MKII).
post #243 of 308
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

SR007 (MK I or MKII).

 

Sorry, should've been more specific with my question.  What was the entire signal chain?  Just curious.  Never heard an SRM007T.

post #244 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Sorry, should've been more specific with my question.  What was the entire signal chain?  Just curious.  Never heard an SRM007T.

No problem Pras. Yes the SR007t , SR727, and KGSS through the years. They (SR007s) never were able to motivate me to pursue them further.
post #245 of 308
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

No problem Pras. Yes the SR007t , SR727, and KGSS through the years. They (SR007s) never were able to motivate me to pursue them further.

 

Muchas gracias.  And your opinion is that the LCD-3 + LF sounds better than the SR-007 (mk1 & mk2) with any of the three amps you mentioned?

post #246 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Muchas gracias.  And your opinion is that the LCD-3 + LF sounds better than the SR-007 (mk1 & mk2) with any of the three amps you mentioned?

Yes sir. smily_headphones1.gif Actually I also preferred the LCD-2s and HD-800s too.
post #247 of 308
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Yes sir. smily_headphones1.gif Actually I also preferred the LCD-2s and HD-800s too.

 

Interesting.  Thank you for your input!

 

You get a chance to hear some SR-009 yet?

post #248 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar3 View Post

Interesting.  Thank you for your input!

You get a chance to hear some SR-009 yet?

Not yet; but hopefully sooner than later.
post #249 of 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Yes sir. smily_headphones1.gif Actually I also preferred the LCD-2s and HD-800s too.

 

 

From my experience the 007 MK 1 clearly and distinctly whips the LCD-2R2’s ass by a good country mile.

post #250 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwmclean View Post

 

 

From my experience the 007 MK 1 clearly and distinctly whips the LCD-2R2’s ass by a good country mile.

Your experiences are certainly vaild...mine are the other way around; except by a good country kilometer (and no less valid than yours). smile.gif


Edited by MacedonianHero - 7/6/12 at 8:49pm
post #251 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Your experiences are certainly vaild...mine are the other way around; except by a good country kilometer (and no less valid than yours). smile.gif

 

Off course. We all have different preferences, genre tastes, listening habits, volume levels not to mention ones own physical ear structure. It’s no surprise we all like different perspectives smily_headphones1.gif

post #252 of 308
And some are deaf too lol wink.gif. I think the persons who gravitate toward the lcd sound rather than electrostats and vice versa simply have very different objectives with their audio gear. We could go on forever on the technical capabilities of one vs. the musicality of the other but its pretty much waste of bandwith. In he current thread, I am more interested about additional impressions of the LL (driving stax headphones rather than lcds if possible), especially in comparison against other amps (stax or not).
post #253 of 308

I dumped my 007MkI and KGSS after 4 years of ownership in favour of the LCD-2 Rev1 and B22 back in the day.  Given I like the Rev2 better than Rev1 and LCD-3 RMA better than Rev2... I don't see the 007 MkI being competitive.  Back then the greatest difference given similar tonal balance was the lack of grain and great drive of the LCD-2.  It wasn't massive but the orthos, even the HE-5LE, were cleaner and less passive.

 

That the 007MkI barely fit and put massive pressure on the top of my head didn't help its chances.  Which is why I know wonder about the 507 and 009 which should fit.

post #254 of 308

Solude I’m not hearing any grain or passive nature you speak of with the 007 MK1’s.

 

Contrary to yourself I’ve ditched my β22 / LCD-2 Rev2 and HD800 in huge preference for the KGSSHV / 007 MK1’s. I find it interesting that we hear 180° differently.

 

Oh well, makes an interesting mix of opinions. 

 

 

 

post #255 of 308
Different music, different sources, different listening levels, different ears, different mindsets, different ideal, maybe all of these together?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Review: Cavalli Liquid Lightning