After trying some silicone tips I got with my popo IEM I noticed a huge inrease in sound quality. The sound was so much clearer instantly. The complies are just awful, rubbish those things.
However these popo tips were a bit too big, and didn't isolate as well. So I bought the shure soft flex grey tips, they isolate better but the sound was a bit off.
The stem of those tips is a bit too long, and the exit hole is a bit too small. So I cut off about 3mm of the stem, and took a soldering iron (with an old tip) and just burn that exit hole out. The exit hole now almost matches the stem diameter.
The stok shure tip sounds too bright, and tiny. Shortening the stem, and increasing the exit hole increases soundstage width and tilts the sound signature to the warmer side. But the treble is still very balanced, I don't hear a rolloff in treble as I did with the complies. With the modded tips the sound is very neutral, while slightly on the warmer side. But still with a good amount of treble.
Just do yourself a pleasure and throw away those comply tips, they do not do justice to the BA200 at all.
Best version, using a soldering iron.
Stock version, longer stem, and stock hole size.
Shorter stem and larger hole done by scissors. The end result feels a bit scratchy though. And I think it sounds a bit different too.
Edited by Marleybob217 - 3/31/13 at 9:35am