or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TDK BA200 Thread - Page 99

post #1471 of 1484
Bass light? Who said that? They are the most bass emphasizing IEMs that I have. Certainly too bassy for my taste, but I'm kind of bass shy. Extension could be better, though.
post #1472 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by headdict View Post

Bass light? Who said that? They are the most bass emphasizing IEMs that I have. Certainly too bassy for my taste, but I'm kind of bass shy. Extension could be better, though.

Wow, I am hearing this for the first time! I would say the BA200 bass is near neutral, may be slightly emphasized but much lighter than other typically bassy iems. 

post #1473 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by omastic View Post
 

Yes, the BA200 has pretty good bass, but not really bassy in the conventional sense.This is the reason why most people say they are bass light. How did you buy yours? I thought they have been discontinued since quite long.  

I'm coming from CK100PRO. Which the bass is kind of hard hitting and decay real fast. BA200 is pretty warm for me which is good. As it isn't as warm sounding as the FX850. I bought mine locally. For around... Approximately120-130USD.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by headdict View Post

Bass light? Who said that? They are the most bass emphasizing IEMs that I have. Certainly too bassy for my taste, but I'm kind of bass shy. Extension could be better, though.

Well i kind of agree it sound warm.. But have you tried JVC FX850. That is like a few fold much warmer than BA200. Which I doubt you will like it.
Hmm, If that is the case. Maybe try changing the Acoustic filter? I believe i read somewhere back the stock is sonion 2200ohm. Try go lower like 1500ohm perhaps? I didn't mod the BA200 yet but soon i would.


Edited by Whaleshark12 - 8/27/15 at 2:09am
post #1474 of 1484
I just EQ the bass down by 6 dB.
post #1475 of 1484

Just want to clarify whether i get the correct product. In the box there is:
2 pair of comply tips, 1 pair of small bi flange, Clip, Replacement filter 2 pair.
No sight of extension cable and airplane adapter,  is a Y cord configuration. It also does't have the Tool that is use to extract the filter.
So is that all it consist of in the Rev2 of the BA200?
 

post #1476 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by headdict View Post

Bass light? Who said that? They are the most bass emphasizing IEMs that I have. Certainly too bassy for my taste, but I'm kind of bass shy. Extension could be better, though.

I found them slightly bass light for my preferences, particularly sub bass thump.  Do you listen to pop and EDM?

post #1477 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

I found them slightly bass light for my preferences, particularly sub bass thump.  Do you listen to pop and EDM?


I agree their sub bass is somewhat lacking. No, I don't listen much to pop, let alone EDM. Mostly acoustic music.

post #1478 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post
 

Just want to clarify whether i get the correct product. In the box there is:
2 pair of comply tips, 1 pair of small bi flange, Clip, Replacement filter 2 pair.
No sight of extension cable and airplane adapter,  is a Y cord configuration. It also does't have the Tool that is use to extract the filter.
So is that all it consist of in the Rev2 of the BA200?
 


Basically, except it also comes with a pair of medium biflange tips. There were many reports of durability issues with the extension cable, so they switched from having a short cable + extension cable to having a full length cable.

post #1479 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
 


Basically, except it also comes with a pair of medium biflange tips. There were many reports of durability issues with the extension cable, so they switched from having a short cable + extension cable to having a full length cable.

So it only have 2 double flange silicon tips, S and M? I feel that the tips are too small even on the M tip for me.. They should make more tips perhaps... I don't have the cleaning tool too. Is it normal?

post #1480 of 1484

So far i have about 11 hour of burn in on the BA200.
I thought i might give some impression on this bad boy!

Test track- Kenny G By the time the night is over.

The BA200 have a more wide 3D like sound stage compare to my CK100PRO. The bass on the BA200 are very natural, but lack of impact. Instrument like the saxophone sound a bit thin.
Lack of energy. Vocal did present nicely on the BA200.
I guess the BA200 shine much better on pop genre type of song.

Will let it burn in see how it improves overtime. :)

post #1481 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
 


Basically, except it also comes with a pair of medium biflange tips. There were many reports of durability issues with the extension cable, so they switched from having a short cable + extension cable to having a full length cable.

So it only have 2 double flange silicon tips, S and M? I feel that the tips are too small even on the M tip for me.. They should make more tips perhaps... I don't have the cleaning tool too. Is it normal?


Yes, you're not missing any of the accessories that came with the revised version. Mine didn't come with a cleaning tool either.

post #1482 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
 


Yes, you're not missing any of the accessories that came with the revised version. Mine didn't come with a cleaning tool either.

Thanks for clarifying! :D

post #1483 of 1484

Is the TDK BA200 manufactured anymore?

post #1484 of 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christianh View Post
 

Is the TDK BA200 manufactured anymore?

 

Not for over a year.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: