or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TDK BA200 Thread - Page 74

post #1096 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Actually based on Rin's data I'll try Comply T130+33impedance. Green star tips make it flat DF, but that will be too bright, the set-up I mention make it more OW.

Yea that makes sense.

I still like the way the Monster long supertips brings up the 6-7k dip a bit and still keeps a slight overall downslope without a bigger upper treble drop.

But more importantly biggrin.gif, how do you think the sound would change with the Shure EATFL1-6 bumping up the 3-4k? I'd hope it would be awesomely energetic for vocals but smooth above that.
post #1097 of 1498

Opps meant Shure Olives not T130

 

Based on graphs, I'll list good tip choices

Ety ER6-18C

Shure Olives

Shure PA757

 

Green Foam Star tips, Klipsch oval double flange in small or Long Monster Foam tips if you want it brighter

 

Basically, do the one that will likely feel best when inserting the deepest, personally I use Shure Olives or ER6i-18C. 

 

Shure EATFL looks messy...


Edited by Inks - 8/1/13 at 11:33pm
post #1098 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Yea that makes sense.

I still like the way the Monster long supertips brings up the 6-7k dip a bit and still keeps a slight overall downslope without a bigger upper treble drop.

But more importantly biggrin.gif, how do you think the sound would change with the Shure EATFL1-6 bumping up the 3-4k? I'd hope it would be awesomely energetic for vocals but smooth above that.

 

 

 

westone star tips foam greens have the same sig with the stock silicone bi flanges. Also similar is the Shure PA757S which are silicone based too. It seems its very peaky with silicone tips to get the same sig as the sould lab intended.

 

 

as far as the Shure EATFL1-6 is concerned it gets too mid range for me. treble is really leveled so its not my recommendation. the effect of the Monster long supertips can also be achieved by messing around with different dampers. dont forget about that wink.gif

post #1099 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Opps meant Shure Olives not T130

Based on graphs, I'll list good tip choices

Klipsch Oval Double flange in small
Ety ER6-18C
Shure Olives
Shure PA757
Monster Eargels

Green Foam Star tips or Long Monster Foam tips if you want it brighter

Basically, do the one that will likely feel best when inserting the deepest, personally I use Shure Olives, Klipsch ovals or ER6i-18C. 

Shure EATFL looks messy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post



westone star tips foam greens have the same sig with the stock silicone bi flanges. Also similar is the Shure PA757S which are silicone based too. It seems its very peaky with silicone tips to get the same sig as the sould lab intended.


as far as the Shure EATFL1-6 is concerned it gets too mid range for me. treble is really leveled so its not my recommendation. the effect of the Monster long supertips can also be achieved by messing around with different dampers. dont forget about that wink.gif

You guys need to live a little lol. biggrin.gif
The EATFL1-6s are the tips you don't bring home to mom. wink.gif

They're really generally stable through 2k which is nice.

I actually liked your initial idea of the 130's for a nice more laid back version of the original sig.
post #1100 of 1498

Well to even things out you use orange dampers :)

post #1101 of 1498

if i purchase the westone true fit green what would be their lifespan? they have 5 pairs for 15$ which is cheap
 

 

I am willing to try them as it's to my best interest to have an alternative to the stock bi flange tips from time to time


Edited by FarCry - 8/1/13 at 11:39pm
post #1102 of 1498

I've been liking the stock bi-flange. It dawned on me, for my inside ear shape, that they have to stay in the ear for a while for a seal to occur. initial insertion is bass-ligiht. The same insertion left as is gets better in a short time. Maybe the tips mesh like the Avatar's hair does to the beasts they ride. :)

post #1103 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Well to even things out you use orange dampers smily_headphones1.gif

So you're saying that EATFL + orange dampeners might be cool?
post #1104 of 1498

Having just bought a pair of BA 200s (I couldn't resist the $78 price for a very good used pair), they remind me an awful lot of the RE-400 at first listen, but with a tad less bass. Excellent for $80 without question though. Jeez.

post #1105 of 1498
I don't recommend EATFL tips at all.
post #1106 of 1498
I don't recommend EATFL tips at all.
post #1107 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I don't recommend EATFL tips at all.

They are so bad it needed to be said twice. wink.gif

I don't expect you to. I wouldn't either to any same person looking for solid advice lol. I just find their effect on the FR interesting in that they do what no other tip in that comparison does.
post #1108 of 1498
On BAs they always seem to have a similar effect, they are the longest tips there are afterall.
post #1109 of 1498
That is pretty cool. Thanks for the info. I might buy a set just to have and see the madness. biggrin.gif
post #1110 of 1498
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post

Having just bought a pair of BA 200s (I couldn't resist the $78 price for a very good used pair), they remind me an awful lot of the RE-400 at first listen, but with a tad less bass. Excellent for $80 without question though. Jeez.

So ultimately which one do you prefer between the TDK BA200 and RE-400?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: