Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread - Page 64

post #946 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by nok18 View Post

Nice one mate, enjoy them. ksc75smile.gif

 

Look forward to your impressions.

 


 

 

i really like the sound quality. its very smooth between bass and treble comparing to my previous CK7 IEM.

 

 

the cable is ok. i dont have problems. the major problem i have is the fit. only the large comply sleeves can do good seal in my ears. the small comply are small and the small silicone are small.

 

with the large silicone i cannot do good seal. they dont stay put. i have to keep pressing them with my fingers in order to get good seal. the moment i move away my fingers they tend to break the horizontal line just a bit so the seal is just tiny loose but you can feel it. the moment air gets in everything is ruined. if you dont feel the pressure i mean.

 

 

also i am not sure where the reference plane (second bend) lies in my ear. all i can say is that the large silicone tips hit the wall inside my ears (the same wall you can reach by putting your fingers with opened mouth). I am not sure if the second bend lies beyond the wall where you can reach that by using q-tips or behind. also the feeling i got by forcing them was that something is piercing my ear. very uncomfortable

 

 

any help would be appreciated

 

 

and from my laptop source i cannot hear any hiss

 

 

 

you can actually appreciate how the sound opens up with this clip. its like 3D.

 

 

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBQLEhzlYX8

 

 

 

definitely an upgrade from my CK7 in every way


Edited by FarCry - 5/13/13 at 3:49pm
post #947 of 1367
If you try to stick a pinky in your ear, you can feel this boney part in your ear. Thats where i normally insert my ba200s and perhaps even further. Try using the smallest dual flange and insert them as deep as you can without feeling pain. There is a big difference, if you hit that spot, the treble isnt recessed no more and the whole presentation becomes more 3d, you also get those finer details
post #948 of 1367
If you try to stick a pinky in your ear, you can feel this boney part in your ear. Thats where i normally insert my ba200s and perhaps even further. Try using the smallest dual flange and insert them as deep as you can without feeling pain. There is a big difference, if you hit that spot, the treble isnt recessed no more and the whole presentation becomes more 3d, you also get those finer details
post #949 of 1367
Sorry bout the additional posts.
Edited by airo - 5/13/13 at 4:24pm
post #950 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

 


 

 

i really like the sound quality. its very smooth between bass and treble comparing to my previous CK7 IEM.

 

 

the cable is ok. i dont have problems. the major problem i have is the fit. only the large comply sleeves can do good seal in my ears. the small comply are small and the small silicone are small.

 

with the large silicone i cannot do good seal. they dont stay put. i have to keep pressing them with my fingers in order to get good seal. the moment i move away my fingers they tend to break the horizontal line just a bit so the seal is just tiny loose but you can feel it. the moment air gets in everything is ruined. if you dont feel the pressure i mean.

 

 

also i am not sure where the reference plane (second bend) lies in my ear. all i can say is that the large silicone tips hit the wall inside my ears (the same wall you can reach by putting your fingers with opened mouth). I am not sure if the second bend lies beyond the wall where you can reach that by using q-tips or behind. also the feeling i got by forcing them was that something is piercing my ear. very uncomfortable

 

 

any help would be appreciated

 

 

and from my laptop source i cannot hear any hiss

 

 

 

you can actually appreciate how the sound opens up with this clip. its like 3D.

 

 

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBQLEhzlYX8

 

 

 

definitely an upgrade from my CK7 in every way

Good to hear your enjoying them so far.

 

The BA200 do need a deep fit to sound their best, I remember ericp10 posted some funky looking tips that might be able to help you achieve this. I'll have a search for you to see if I can find his post. 

 

Here's the tips ericp10 mentioned

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

So I put these tips on the BA200 call Earportz. They are long hooked silicon tips with ridges on them that hook inside the ear canal the same way the stem of a custom cell would go inside of your ear. This really brings out the bass in the BA200 with interfering with the mids or highs. I'm enjoying this earphone that much more.

 

 


Edited by nok18 - 5/13/13 at 5:01pm
post #951 of 1367
@FarCry
Glad you see them as a solid improvement at the least. beerchug.gif

I honestly don't insert them all that far; just until they seal. Maybe my ear canal is shorter or something but inserting them deeper isn't worth what sounds like a marginal change, especially on a loud commute. It won't change the tonality to something altogether different. And speaking only to my own experience, I feel it negatively affects soundstage width and that to my own interests is not a tradeoff I'm willing to make for slightly less peaky treble.
post #952 of 1367

FarCry, Congrats on your BA200 purchased, and it's the latest revision pack as seeing from your pict.

beerchug.gif 


Edited by NewForce - 5/13/13 at 10:33pm
post #953 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

How much you buy this?

Congrats and welcome to TDK BA200


Edited by wkkm007 - 5/13/13 at 11:20pm
post #954 of 1367

Anyone using custom tips/Custom Sleeves for TDK BA 200?

EG:

post #955 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by airo View Post

If you try to stick a pinky in your ear, you can feel this boney part in your ear. Thats where i normally insert my ba200s and perhaps even further. Try using the smallest dual flange and insert them as deep as you can without feeling pain. There is a big difference, if you hit that spot, the treble isnt recessed no more and the whole presentation becomes more 3d, you also get those finer details

 

 

 

you can also do this with your index finger if you open up your mouth. if this is the boney part you are talking about is it?

 

when you open your mouth something rises as a wall below the ear hole. this is the wall i am talking about

 

 

http://www.hearingreview.com/content/HR/2006/05/img/p10f8.jpg

 

 

check this pic i found. when you open your mouth right image the cliff goes steep. and it seems like it has formed a wall

 

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by nok18 View Post

Good to hear your enjoying them so far.

 

The BA200 do need a deep fit to sound their best, I remember ericp10 posted some funky looking tips that might be able to help you achieve this. I'll have a search for you to see if I can find his post. 

 

Here's the tips ericp10 mentioned

 

 

 

 

thanks for the recommendation

 

but reading from here it doesnt sound good

 

 

 

Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/570022/earportz-tips-for-iems#post_7745454

 

 

Comfort. Not great compared to the Comply’s. The three fins / ridges started to feel rather prominent after about half an hour of wear. I don’t know if these could be modified – cut / sanded -  without effecting the isolation or fitment.

 

 

 

Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

@FarCry
Glad you see them as a solid improvement at the least. beerchug.gif

I honestly don't insert them all that far; just until they seal. Maybe my ear canal is shorter or something but inserting them deeper isn't worth what sounds like a marginal change, especially on a loud commute. It won't change the tonality to something altogether different. And speaking only to my own experience, I feel it negatively affects soundstage width and that to my own interests is not a tradeoff I'm willing to make for slightly less peaky treble.

 

 

 

for me the silicone tips are not that large. if the large flange would be a tad wider it would be great. the small one hits the wall i talked about earlier and i could not push it further to be honest. the complys fit perfectly. the thing is that i dont know how to clean them and how long they will last because they are foamy

 

 

 

 

Originally Posted by NewForce View Post

FarCry, Congrats on your BA200 purchased, and it's the latest revision pack as seeing from your pict.

beerchug.gif 

 

 

thanks mate.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkkm007 View Post

How much you buy this?

Congrats and welcome to TDK BA200

 

 

 

its was on the german amazon for 99 euros (free shipping) and only 4 in stock. now they are gone :P


Edited by FarCry - 5/14/13 at 4:14am
post #956 of 1367

Now i am getting used to the large silicone sleeves. i am getting better seal than before. Problem though is that after a while like 2 hours i feel my ears itching.

 

I am waiting rin's sleeve analysis to get a better picture.


Edited by FarCry - 5/18/13 at 6:53am
post #957 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

Now i am getting used to the large silicone sleeves. i am getting better seal than before. Problem though is that after a while like 2 hours i feel my ears etching.

I am waiting rin's sleeve analysis to get a better picture.
Yea my ears kind of itched after a while too. I just take them out, give the outside area a little scratch and pop them back in. It doesn't happen nearly as often now.

Can you ask Rin if the reference plane would be different insertion depths for different people?


Update, TDK warranty support is fantastically fast. Shipped out my replacement the day after they received mine. Should have it back on Monday biggrin.gif
post #958 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Can you ask Rin if the reference plane would be different insertion depths for different people?


 

 

 

to my understanding the reference plane is the second bend in the ear canal. because the location of this changes with people's ears then that would mean different insertion depths for everyone

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Yea my ears kind of itched after a while too. I just take them out, give the outside area a little scratch and pop them back in. It doesn't happen nearly as often now.

 

 

 

 

 

you know what makes a difference?  when you put the silicone tips and then you lower the outer ear flap with your hands. that makes perfect seal! LOL


Edited by FarCry - 5/18/13 at 8:52am
post #959 of 1367
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

to my understanding the reference plane is the second bend in the ear canal. because the location of this changes with people's ears then that would mean different insertion depths for everyone

 

 

Does that assume that ear geometry, i.e. curvature and length, is identical enough for people beyond the second bend?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post

you know what makes a difference?  when you put the silicone tips and then you lower the outer ear flap with your hands. that makes perfect seal! LOL

 

lol, whatever works is a good thing.

 

How are they sounding?

post #960 of 1367
i thought that the crossover is ,ounted im thy y-split
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread