Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread - Page 53

post #781 of 1390

I got them from ibood, they were shipped from the Netherlands. It was only 85,90 Euros.

I thought that my Ultimate Ears 700 from amazon for 50 Euros were an excellent deal, but the one with the BA200s was even better.

 

I doubt that the new revision sounds different... They might only have done some steps to reduce productions costs, but I even prefer to have one single cable. And I have several unused 6.3 mm adapters at home...

post #782 of 1390
Oh, ibood is a daily deal site, so looks like it was only available for a brief time. I was thinking of getting one there just now.
 
I'm in the US. I don't know if we're getting the longer cable around here yet. Are recent buyers still getting the short cable?
post #783 of 1390

I managed to insert the double flange tips a little deeper. The lack of bass is gone and they sound awesome, but it's a little bit uncomfortable... The amount of detail and clarity is much better than the UE700 (Logitech revision).

post #784 of 1390

Hi everyone, i had a pair of this little monster. Every genre i throw to it sounds good and it does a really really great job revealing and hearing all the details. But its bass is just right and missing the dynamic feeling when listening to EDMs and bass heavy music so i was thinking is it a good idea if i'll pair it with a "Fiio E6"?
My source is sansa clip zip unrockboxed.. :)

post #785 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiss3r View Post

Hi everyone, i had a pair of this little monster. Every genre i throw to it sounds good and it does a really really great job revealing and hearing all the details. But its bass is just right and missing the dynamic feeling when listening to EDMs and bass heavy music so i was thinking is it a good idea if i'll pair it with a "Fiio E6"?
My source is sansa clip zip unrockboxed.. :)

I have exactly that setup. The E6 gives the clip zip that extra oomph. Treble becomes a bit more sizzly and sparkly, and bass has more impact, and the entire sound spectrum sounds a bit more clear.

 

I literally just did AB testing between the clip zip, and clip zip + E6, so this isn't from memory. Well maybe short term memory.

post #786 of 1390
I just tried the bass boost switch on the Fiio E10 with the BA200 for you. It probably responds better than any other IEM I've tried. Gains a lot of body and pressence at the expense of a bit of clarity in the lower mids to upper bass. It hits hard and decay seems to get just a liiiitle bit longer without too much loss in bass quality. It fills up the space so it loses some of its open air quality but that's not really the point of something like EDM anyway.

Here's the thing: It doesn't really lose its character, so if you aren't enjoying the BA200 with stuff like EDM because of its sonic character rather than lack of bass, then it's a harder sell, but it definitely gives it more body and weight. It hit 25hz no problem with the 3db boost fwiw and strong bass passages were presented with a good bit more authority.

Assuming the E6 bass boost is designed similarly, and for the price, it might be worth a shot.
Hope that helps.

Edit: I don't know if a ZO 2 is in your price range but if anyone has one that can give it a go with the BA200, impressions would be awesome.
Edited by vwinter - 3/24/13 at 9:22am
post #787 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

I just tried the bass boost switch on the Fiio E10 with the BA200 for you. It probably responds better than any other IEM I've tried. Gains a lot of body and pressence at the expense of a bit of clarity in the lower mids to upper bass. It hits hard and decay seems to get just a liiiitle bit longer without too much loss in bass quality. It fills up the space so it loses some of its open air quality but that's not really the point of something like EDM anyway.

Here's the thing: It doesn't really lose its character, so if you aren't enjoying the BA200 with stuff like EDM because of its sonic character rather than lack of bass, then it's a harder sell, but it definitely gives it more body and weight. It hit 25hz no problem with the 3db boost fwiw and strong bass passages were presented with a good bit more authority.

Assuming the E6 bass boost is designed similarly, and for the price, it might be worth a shot.
Hope that helps.

Edit: I don't know if a ZO 2 is in your price range but if anyone has one that can give it a go with the BA200, impressions would be awesome.

Thanks for that info! smily_headphones1.gif I'm just worried that fiio e6 may destroy the original sound sig of ba200 because some says fiio's output makes the sound a bit darker..
Well anyway my budget is for e6 only,i'm not yet ready spending money on a high end amp since i'm not that critical listener yet.LOL!! xD

Have you tried the treble+bass boost (i think its the purple light)?
post #788 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiss3r View Post


Thanks for that info! smily_headphones1.gif I'm just worried that fiio e6 may destroy the original sound sig of ba200 because some says fiio's output makes the sound a bit darker..
Well anyway my budget is for e6 only,i'm not yet ready spending money on a high end amp since i'm not that critical listener yet.LOL!! xD

Have you tried the treble+bass boost (i think its the purple light)?

 

 

Oh, I'm not sure how the amp section of the E6 would affect the sound. My post was more to let you know that the BA200 does have the headroom to take a bass boost and that the E6 will probably boost the bass in a similar fashion. I think a bass boost will make an IEM sound a bit darker in general though.

 

The ZO is more of a bass contouring device than the strict definition of an amp, though it will amplify the signal.

 

The E10 doesn't have a bass + treble boost, only bass boost on/off, so I can't really help you there.


Edited by vwinter - 3/24/13 at 3:11pm
post #789 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiss3r View Post


Thanks for that info! smily_headphones1.gif I'm just worried that fiio e6 may destroy the original sound sig of ba200 because some says fiio's output makes the sound a bit darker..
Well anyway my budget is for e6 only,i'm not yet ready spending money on a high end amp since i'm not that critical listener yet.LOL!! xD

Have you tried the treble+bass boost (i think its the purple light)?

I didn't really like it... You can use the EQ of the sansa clip zip though, works pretty well with the E6! But those built in EQs of the E6 are way to extreme for my liking.

post #790 of 1390
Isn't the purple light meant for high voltage lineout input into the e6?
post #791 of 1390
I just went to a local store here in our place and auditioned fiio e6 combo and i don't like how it changes the sound. The bass boost (red) makes the sound hollow for me, sacrificing the treble and it sounds muddy.
I prefer using the flat eq but it doesn't make a big change anyway. biggrin.gif
post #792 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgochan View Post

Isn't the purple light meant for high voltage lineout input into the e6?

They said that the purple light is for balance eq.
post #793 of 1390

has anyone tried using westone star tips on their BA200? im curious as to how they would sound.

post #794 of 1390

After trying some silicone tips I got with my popo IEM I noticed a huge inrease in sound quality. The sound was so much clearer instantly. The complies are just awful, rubbish those things.

 

However these popo tips were a bit too big, and didn't isolate as well. So I bought the shure soft flex grey tips, they isolate better but the sound was a bit off.

The stem of those tips is a bit too long, and the exit hole is a bit too small. So I cut off about 3mm of the stem, and took a soldering iron (with an old tip) and just burn that exit hole out. The exit hole now almost matches the stem diameter.

The stok shure tip sounds too bright, and tiny. Shortening the stem, and increasing the exit hole increases soundstage width and tilts the sound signature to the warmer side. But the treble is still very balanced, I don't hear a rolloff in treble as I did with the complies. With the modded tips the sound is very neutral, while slightly on the warmer side. But still with a good amount of treble. 

 

Just do yourself a pleasure and throw away those comply tips, they do not do justice to the BA200 at all. 

 

 


B
est version, using a soldering iron.

 

 

Stock version, longer stem, and stock hole size.

 

 

Shorter stem and larger hole done by scissors. The end result feels a bit scratchy though. And I think it sounds a bit different too.


Edited by Marleybob217 - 3/31/13 at 9:35am
post #795 of 1390
Has anyone tried the ety triple flange with these?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread