Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread - Page 4

post #46 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post


I see, wonder if the Klipsch silicon tips would fit, those are really good.

Klipsch will fit, but it tends to remove the filter sticker with it when removed, which is of course bad. You will need to be careful when using it but it is workable.
post #47 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


Klipsch will fit, but it tends to remove the filter sticker with it when removed, which is of course bad. You will need to be careful when using it but it is workable.



I see.

 

post #48 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post


Both of these might be too loose for the nozzle.


Mine came with Ts100 comply tips....they sound very very good and are very comfortable.  I also tried my Phonak silicone tips....they offer a nice fit on the nozzle and seal very easily.....sound is also very good, but not as good as the Ts100 comply tips that TDK recommends for these!
 

 

post #49 of 1420
Ts series is great. I can't recommend it enough for a foam option. Of course, durability is not the greatest when it comes to Comply.
post #50 of 1420

Do these have detachable cables?

post #51 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSlimSeto View Post

Do these have detachable cables?



Nope. Undetachable flat cables.

 

 

Comply tips are excellent for comfort but i prefer silicone tips on the BA200. I find that the comply dampens the treble quite abit.

post #52 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by syl000 View Post



Nope. Undetachable flat cables.

 

 

Comply tips are excellent for comfort but i prefer silicone tips on the BA200. I find that the comply dampens the treble quite abit.



Ts 100 Comply tips enhance the sound....but you need a good seal.  If you find the treble dampened you need a larger size....I don't find the treble dampened at all...and I use Ts 500 tips on TF 10 and RE272 as well.  Comply has worked with TDK to get the best sound from the BA200, so says Nate from Comply! 

 

post #53 of 1420
Thread Starter 

It's too bad the cables are undetachable. I feel that the design can be adapted to fully removable cables with minimal modifications. I wish we could somehow give TDK some strong feedback to spur them to implement removable cables on a subsequent model.

 

IMO, The Ts-100 do dampen the treble a little bit, but not by much. The large benefit is that it smooths out the sound a lot, and makes the BA200 a truly pleasant listen. They're also not difficult to insert/remove because of their round shape. I do wish they were not as fragile, though, and that's why I'm sticking with silicone tips.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl000 View Post

Nope. Undetachable flat cables.

 

Comply tips are excellent for comfort but i prefer silicone tips on the BA200. I find that the comply dampens the treble quite a bit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post


Ts 100 Comply tips enhance the sound....but you need a good seal.  If you find the treble dampened you need a larger size....I don't find the treble dampened at all...and I use Ts 500 tips on TF 10 and RE272 as well.  Comply has worked with TDK to get the best sound from the BA200, so says Nate from Comply! 


 

 

post #54 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

IMO, The Ts-100 do dampen the treble a little bit, but not by much. The large benefit is that it smooths out the sound a lot, and makes the BA200 a truly pleasant listen. They're also not difficult to insert/remove because of their round shape. I do wish they were not as fragile, though, and that's why I'm sticking with silicone tips.

 

 

 


 

 



I disagree....I don't think the Ts-100 smooths or dampens the sound at all....what I hear with the Ts-100, "with a good seal", is better/deeper/tighter bass and more detail/clarity right on up through the treble, that is why TDK includes and recommends the Ts-100.....IMO the Comply Ts series tips are top notch for my ears.....

 

What is this magic silicone tip you talk about with the BA200?

 

post #55 of 1420

 


Edited by cute - 12/26/11 at 7:51pm
post #56 of 1420
Thread Starter 

lol, we're two different people. syl0000 said that the treble is dampened quite a bit -- not me. I only wrote that the treble gets dampened slightly. I don't think the difference is large, or even all that significant. As I mentioned, the dampening has the added benefit of smoothing out everything in a liquid manner, such that everything actually sounds more pleasant. That's why I do like the Ts-100 --- it's my favorite tip for the BA200, it's just that I'm wary of having to buy new tips every three weeks or so. Also, with silicone tips, things sound very slightly more hard-edged, so it's easier to hear detail. I mentioned before, that it's also easier to hear the crossover between the low and high drivers with silicone tips.

 

I'm still in the hunt of a good pair of silicone tips. The included double flanges are sort of uncomfortable after a few hours, so I've switched them out for the default small black, single flange silicone tips that came included with my DBA-02. I know the BA100 single flange tips work well, but it's hard to get a hold of them without buying the BA100. I don't really want to use the Shure grey tips, because of its unnecessarily small opening, so I'm still hunting around. I have a hunch that q-Jays tips will work well.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

First you say the Ts 100 tips "dampens the treble quite abit".



Here you say the Ts 100 "dampen the treble a little bit, but not much"....how much critical listening have you really done with the Ts 100 tips....and which explanation do you believe....they contradict each other??

 



 


Edited by tomscy2000 - 12/26/11 at 7:54pm
post #57 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

lol, we're two different people. syl0000 said that the treble is dampened quite a bit -- not me. I only wrote that the treble gets dampened slightly. I don't think the difference is large, or even all that significant. As I mentioned, the dampening has the added benefit of smoothing out everything in a liquid manner, such that everything actually sounds more pleasant. That's why I do like the Ts-100 --- it's my favorite tip for the BA200, it's just that I'm wary of having to buy new tips every three weeks or so. Also, with silicone tips, things sound very slightly more hard-edged, so it's easier to hear detail. I mentioned before, that it's also easier to hear the crossover between the low and high drivers with silicone tips.

 

I'm still in the hunt of a good pair of silicone tips. The included double flanges are sort of uncomfortable after a few hours, so I've switched them out for the default small black, single flange silicone tips that came included with my DBA-02. I know the BA100 single flange tips work well, but it's hard to get a hold of them without buying the BA100. I don't really want to use the Shure grey tips, because of its unnecessarily small opening, so I'm still hunting around. I have a hunch that q-Jays tips will work well.
 



 



The Shure tips fit the nozzle, but kill the sound with the small opening....the Jays tips don't sound as good for me as the Phonaks.....TDK includes the Comply Ts 100 for a reason....they started out with all silicone tips and then switched to Comply.  I think Comply tips just have a bad reputation on head-fi....because people tried them once, or because someone posted that they muffle the sound....you need the right size...they need a good seal.....I have read here where someone will write them off, and then go back and try a larger size, with a totally different positive result....

 

A lot of times, silicone tips can be bass killers!

 


Edited by cute - 12/26/11 at 8:06pm
post #58 of 1420

shure tips kills the sound? thanks for saving me the trouble to go all the way to the store again...

 

The comply tips are great by all means, have to agree that it's easier to hear the crossover between the low and high drivers with silicone tips.

 

I switched between the silicone and complies, bass response definitely better on the complies while the treble is dampened by a little ( at least for my ears, they don't sparkle as much, like say 5%?)

 

The listening experience is definitely better with the complies, i just can't get a great fit with the dual flanges, they are horribly uncomfortable to me for some reason...

post #59 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

Christmas Eve reveal: I got it for $129!!!! One of the best values I've ever gotten on an IEM.

 

If any of y'all come over to Taiwan, I'll tell you guys where to go buy it hehe.

 



Where in Taiwan did you get it at that price?

post #60 of 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by syl000 View Post

shure tips kills the sound? thanks for saving me the trouble to go all the way to the store again...

 

The comply tips are great by all means, have to agree that it's easier to hear the crossover between the low and high drivers with silicone tips.

 

I switched between the silicone and complies, bass response definitely better on the complies while the treble is dampened by a little ( at least for my ears, they don't sparkle as much, like say 5%?)

 

The listening experience is definitely better with the complies, i just can't get a great fit with the dual flanges, they are horribly uncomfortable to me for some reason...



Source and genre can surely make a difference.....sometimes it is not the tips at all....we all are different, and need to hear things for yourself and decide....I have found the combination that work best for my gears....people need to try different tips, there can be some surpirses!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread