Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread - Page 88

post #1306 of 1390
I have had these for about a month. I did find the bass was very lacking. Complies did help. The biggest help was using a warm amp. It helped the bass while maintaining clarity.
post #1307 of 1390

the bass is indeed lacking comply foam tips didn't really helped for me. but the mids and treble is good.

post #1308 of 1390

It seems like there is conflicting information.  Earlier in the thread, many said that Westone Star tips (silicone) were awesome for BA200, but more recent posts say that Westone True Fit (foam) are the best.  Which is true?

post #1309 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

It seems like there is conflicting information.  Earlier in the thread, many said that Westone Star tips (silicone) were awesome for BA200, but more recent posts say that Westone True Fit (foam) are the best.  Which is true?

there is no such thing as the best. different tips give different isolation to a specific person which could alter the sound heavily.

post #1310 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

It seems like there is conflicting information.  Earlier in the thread, many said that Westone Star tips (silicone) were awesome for BA200, but more recent posts say that Westone True Fit (foam) are the best.  Which is true?

I personally found that any tips other than the stock bi-flange kills the ba200's sound. I tried all the westone tips and none of them came close to what the bi-flange could offer in terms of sound. The Comply tips are even worse, turning the ba200 to a very average sounding iems that is not worth the price. 

 

It is only with the stock bi-flange that ba200 becomes so impressive. Shure grey flange tips come close but still not as good as the bi-flange. 

post #1311 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by omastic View Post

I personally found that any tips other than the stock bi-flange kills the ba200's sound. I tried all the westone tips and none of them came close to what the bi-flange could offer in terms of sound. The Comply tips are even worse, turning the ba200 to a very average sounding iems that is not worth the price. 

It is only with the stock bi-flange that ba200 becomes so impressive. Shure grey flange tips come close but still not as good as the bi-flange. 

It's true that the silicon bi-flange tips highlight all the clarity and good separation of instruments of the BA-200. But in my opinion, no bass with these tips!
Edited by hriki - 2/4/14 at 11:49am
post #1312 of 1390
Users who complain about bass can pair these up with the E7, or E17 which also becomes a very warm sounding pairing.

I personally like the ba200s plugged straight into a 2012 iMac, not a significant bass boost but the bass tightens significantly with better texture which makes me feel that there is more bass presence.
post #1313 of 1390

-------------------------


Edited by BrainFood - 2/16/14 at 5:57am
post #1314 of 1390
For me the bi-flanges are the best pairing

My feel with bi-flanges is that bass is tight yet carries good impact for a BA, mids is just as impressive as ever, top is silky smooth
post #1315 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by hriki View Post


It's true that the silicon bi-flange tips highlight all the clarity and good separation of instruments of the BA-200. But in my opinion, no bass with these tips!

Well, the ba200 are not tuned to be bass heavy in the first place and even with the bi-flange I found the bass to be plentiful. It is pretty much in line with the rest of the spectrum. I don't believe changing source or tips can bring about much positive change in this aspect. 

 

When you are using the comply's it really is not increasing the bass, rather toning down the high frequency (both quantity and extension) thus making the bass a bit more apparent in the presentation. It destroys the beautifully balanced sound which, needless to say, did not work for me at all!

post #1316 of 1390
+1 here as well for stock dual flange.
Anything foamy tends to kill the treble on these which clarity is already it's weakest link IMHO.

That said if any of you have those little red rings that come with monster tips, you can try pairing with other regular IEM tips and surprisingly some aren't so bad.
post #1317 of 1390

So the extension cord that came with my BA200s just crapped out - audio is now only going to the left side. If I plug in without the extension, everything still works fine, so I know the extension is the problem.

 

My question is this: can I use any female to male extension cable?  I'm hoping I don't have to go to TDK for a replacement - I'm out of warranty, so I doubt they'd help me anyway.

post #1318 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arado17 View Post

So the extension cord that came with my BA200s just crapped out - audio is now only going to the left side. If I plug in without the extension, everything still works fine, so I know the extension is the problem.

My question is this: can I use any female to male extension cable?  I'm hoping I don't have to go to TDK for a replacement - I'm out of warranty, so I doubt they'd help me anyway.

You should be alright as the circuitry for impedance matching is inside the Y split, not the extension cable.
post #1319 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


You should be alright as the circuitry for impedance matching is inside the Y split, not the extension cable.

Yep, all good! I emailed TDK just to make sure and they confirmed any extension from Radioshack, etc would do the job - I got an email back within an hour, which is shocking.

 

Thanks!

post #1320 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by omastic View Post           Well, the ba200 are not tuned to be bass heavy in the first place and even with the bi-flange I found the bass to be plentiful.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post            +1 here as well for stock dual flange.
Anything foamy tends to kill the treble on these which clarity is already it's weakest link IMHO.

 

 

+3 for the stock dual flanges.  Really enjoying fuze->LOD->Neco Soundlab v4 with subtle bass boost.  The bass quality of the BA200's is surprisingly good in this set up- deep with texture. :happy_face1:

 

 

Quote:
 That said if any of you have those little red rings that come with monster tips, you can try pairing with other regular IEM tips and surprisingly some aren't so bad.

 

Could you elaborate or supply a link?  Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread