Finally, head band made of aluminum. Wish the 940s had this kind of design....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) Last post on Today at 9:25 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread Last post on 1/24/15 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which cans are not made in china? Last post on 11/11/13 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
Introduction: Cayin is a Chinese company that has recently made quite a splash in the portable audio world with some of their very nice and budget friendly portable gear. The C5 amplifier has...
Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! - Page 128post #1906 of 20483/26/13 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 20483/26/13 at 8:29ampost #1908 of 20483/26/13 at 9:54ampost #1909 of 20483/26/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
+9001 to that. My poor headband is pretty much dead.post #1910 of 20483/26/13 at 6:26pmpost #1911 of 20484/13/13 at 4:24pm
I have not seen much feedback from anyone who has recabled the 1840s to either two 3pin XLR or one 4 pin XLR. I received a response from Shure technical saying that these are not 'balanced' headphones.
Has anyone found a significant improvement in either diy cables to XLR connections, or aftermarket cables. I plan to pair these up with a bryston headphone amp. Currently just using a Fiio E17.post #1912 of 20484/14/13 at 6:21ampost #1913 of 20484/14/13 at 6:23am
Really? I wonder how this will work, as there isn't much plastic to work with on the SRH1840 in the first place. Maybe they'll turn the earpads and leather headband white as well.post #1914 of 20484/14/13 at 12:08pm
Hm, I personally think that would look weird.
It's a shame the 1840 doesn't sound very good for the price, from what I've read, since it's such a beautiful-looking headphone.post #1915 of 20484/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1916 of 20484/14/13 at 5:53pmpost #1917 of 20484/15/13 at 1:33ampost #1918 of 20484/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
According to Headfonia reviewer Mike Ting, the 1840 sounds better than the HD650, and roughly equal to the HE-500 (that is a quick summary of a much more detailed review - see the site).
So, "doesn't sound very good for the price" is not the opinion of any professional reviewers that I know of.
Note that any particular headphone may happen to be exactly the wrong sound for a particular person's tastes.post #1919 of 20484/16/13 at 7:35pm
Not to start this again, I think most who's owned both will disagree with that assessment, myself included. DavidMahler ranked them far lower than the HE-500 in his review and I think he was flattering them a bit- IMO they're only slightly better than, say, the K701.post #1920 of 20484/16/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Yet, in ways, the K701 sounds better than the HE-500...
It just comes down to preference really, and how much someone is willing to spend for a sig they like.
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 50 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-007 MK2.5 Black 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Denver CO Summer Meet #2 (August) 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by Chaoturbo
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)