Finally, head band made of aluminum. Wish the 940s had this kind of design....
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH1440 Professional Open Back Headphones Blacktagged by System, 9/12/12
- productShure SRH1840 Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) Last post on Today at 1:27 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread Last post on Today at 1:14 am in Headphones (full-size)
- which cans are not made in china? Last post on 11/11/13 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! - Page 128post #1906 of 20163/26/13 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 20163/26/13 at 8:29ampost #1908 of 20163/26/13 at 9:54ampost #1909 of 20163/26/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
+9001 to that. My poor headband is pretty much dead.post #1910 of 20163/26/13 at 6:26pmpost #1911 of 20164/13/13 at 4:24pm
I have not seen much feedback from anyone who has recabled the 1840s to either two 3pin XLR or one 4 pin XLR. I received a response from Shure technical saying that these are not 'balanced' headphones.
Has anyone found a significant improvement in either diy cables to XLR connections, or aftermarket cables. I plan to pair these up with a bryston headphone amp. Currently just using a Fiio E17.post #1912 of 20164/14/13 at 6:21ampost #1913 of 20164/14/13 at 6:23am
Really? I wonder how this will work, as there isn't much plastic to work with on the SRH1840 in the first place. Maybe they'll turn the earpads and leather headband white as well.post #1914 of 20164/14/13 at 12:08pm
Hm, I personally think that would look weird.
It's a shame the 1840 doesn't sound very good for the price, from what I've read, since it's such a beautiful-looking headphone.post #1915 of 20164/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1916 of 20164/14/13 at 5:53pmpost #1917 of 20164/15/13 at 1:33ampost #1918 of 20164/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
According to Headfonia reviewer Mike Ting, the 1840 sounds better than the HD650, and roughly equal to the HE-500 (that is a quick summary of a much more detailed review - see the site).
So, "doesn't sound very good for the price" is not the opinion of any professional reviewers that I know of.
Note that any particular headphone may happen to be exactly the wrong sound for a particular person's tastes.post #1919 of 20164/16/13 at 7:35pm
Not to start this again, I think most who's owned both will disagree with that assessment, myself included. DavidMahler ranked them far lower than the HE-500 in his review and I think he was flattering them a bit- IMO they're only slightly better than, say, the K701.post #1920 of 20164/16/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Yet, in ways, the K701 sounds better than the HE-500...
It just comes down to preference really, and how much someone is willing to spend for a sig they like.
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 58 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Parasound zdac reviews? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)