Finally, head band made of aluminum. Wish the 940s had this kind of design....
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH1440 Professional Open Back Headphones Blacktagged by System, 9/12/12
- productShure SRH1840 Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) Last post on Today at 9:44 am in Video Games Discussion
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread Last post on 7/30/14 at 10:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- which cans are not made in china? Last post on 11/11/13 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! - Page 128post #1906 of 20163/26/13 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 20163/26/13 at 8:29ampost #1908 of 20163/26/13 at 9:54ampost #1909 of 20163/26/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
+9001 to that. My poor headband is pretty much dead.post #1910 of 20163/26/13 at 6:26pmpost #1911 of 20164/13/13 at 4:24pm
I have not seen much feedback from anyone who has recabled the 1840s to either two 3pin XLR or one 4 pin XLR. I received a response from Shure technical saying that these are not 'balanced' headphones.
Has anyone found a significant improvement in either diy cables to XLR connections, or aftermarket cables. I plan to pair these up with a bryston headphone amp. Currently just using a Fiio E17.post #1912 of 20164/14/13 at 6:21ampost #1913 of 20164/14/13 at 6:23am
Really? I wonder how this will work, as there isn't much plastic to work with on the SRH1840 in the first place. Maybe they'll turn the earpads and leather headband white as well.post #1914 of 20164/14/13 at 12:08pm
Hm, I personally think that would look weird.
It's a shame the 1840 doesn't sound very good for the price, from what I've read, since it's such a beautiful-looking headphone.post #1915 of 20164/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1916 of 20164/14/13 at 5:53pmpost #1917 of 20164/15/13 at 1:33ampost #1918 of 20164/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
According to Headfonia reviewer Mike Ting, the 1840 sounds better than the HD650, and roughly equal to the HE-500 (that is a quick summary of a much more detailed review - see the site).
So, "doesn't sound very good for the price" is not the opinion of any professional reviewers that I know of.
Note that any particular headphone may happen to be exactly the wrong sound for a particular person's tastes.post #1919 of 20164/16/13 at 7:35pm
Not to start this again, I think most who's owned both will disagree with that assessment, myself included. DavidMahler ranked them far lower than the HE-500 in his review and I think he was flattering them a bit- IMO they're only slightly better than, say, the K701.post #1920 of 20164/16/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Yet, in ways, the K701 sounds better than the HE-500...
It just comes down to preference really, and how much someone is willing to spend for a sig they like.
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 40 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 55 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 59 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 preview world tour--also keep an eye out for the local... 2 minutes ago
- › Best live recordings 2 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 2 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)