Finally, head band made of aluminum. Wish the 940s had this kind of design....
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH1440 Professional Open Back Headphones Blacktagged by System, 9/12/12
- productShure SRH1840 Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) Last post on Yesterday at 11:44 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread Last post on 6/12/14 at 9:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which cans are not made in china? Last post on 11/11/13 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! - Page 128post #1906 of 20163/26/13 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 20163/26/13 at 8:29ampost #1908 of 20163/26/13 at 9:54ampost #1909 of 20163/26/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
+9001 to that. My poor headband is pretty much dead.post #1910 of 20163/26/13 at 6:26pmpost #1911 of 20164/13/13 at 4:24pm
I have not seen much feedback from anyone who has recabled the 1840s to either two 3pin XLR or one 4 pin XLR. I received a response from Shure technical saying that these are not 'balanced' headphones.
Has anyone found a significant improvement in either diy cables to XLR connections, or aftermarket cables. I plan to pair these up with a bryston headphone amp. Currently just using a Fiio E17.post #1912 of 20164/14/13 at 6:21ampost #1913 of 20164/14/13 at 6:23am
Really? I wonder how this will work, as there isn't much plastic to work with on the SRH1840 in the first place. Maybe they'll turn the earpads and leather headband white as well.post #1914 of 20164/14/13 at 12:08pm
Hm, I personally think that would look weird.
It's a shame the 1840 doesn't sound very good for the price, from what I've read, since it's such a beautiful-looking headphone.post #1915 of 20164/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1916 of 20164/14/13 at 5:53pmpost #1917 of 20164/15/13 at 1:33ampost #1918 of 20164/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
According to Headfonia reviewer Mike Ting, the 1840 sounds better than the HD650, and roughly equal to the HE-500 (that is a quick summary of a much more detailed review - see the site).
So, "doesn't sound very good for the price" is not the opinion of any professional reviewers that I know of.
Note that any particular headphone may happen to be exactly the wrong sound for a particular person's tastes.post #1919 of 20164/16/13 at 7:35pm
Not to start this again, I think most who's owned both will disagree with that assessment, myself included. DavidMahler ranked them far lower than the HE-500 in his review and I think he was flattering them a bit- IMO they're only slightly better than, say, the K701.post #1920 of 20164/16/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Yet, in ways, the K701 sounds better than the HE-500...
It just comes down to preference really, and how much someone is willing to spend for a sig they like.
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Millet Starving Student 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › What is the most conductive(least amount of resistance) on a cable... 5 minutes ago
- › need recommendation for a portable amp for grado 325i 6 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Wanted Stax Sigma Pro (EU) 7 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 17 minutes ago
- › What IEM does $550 get me? 19 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)