Finally, head band made of aluminum. Wish the 940s had this kind of design....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) Last post on Today at 2:56 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread Last post on 1/24/15 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- which cans are not made in china? Last post on 11/11/13 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! - Page 128post #1906 of 20363/26/13 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 20363/26/13 at 8:29ampost #1908 of 20363/26/13 at 9:54ampost #1909 of 20363/26/13 at 5:34pmpost #1910 of 20363/26/13 at 6:26pmpost #1911 of 20364/13/13 at 4:24pm
I have not seen much feedback from anyone who has recabled the 1840s to either two 3pin XLR or one 4 pin XLR. I received a response from Shure technical saying that these are not 'balanced' headphones.
Has anyone found a significant improvement in either diy cables to XLR connections, or aftermarket cables. I plan to pair these up with a bryston headphone amp. Currently just using a Fiio E17.post #1912 of 20364/14/13 at 6:21ampost #1913 of 20364/14/13 at 6:23am
Really? I wonder how this will work, as there isn't much plastic to work with on the SRH1840 in the first place. Maybe they'll turn the earpads and leather headband white as well.post #1914 of 20364/14/13 at 12:08pm
Hm, I personally think that would look weird.
It's a shame the 1840 doesn't sound very good for the price, from what I've read, since it's such a beautiful-looking headphone.post #1915 of 20364/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1916 of 20364/14/13 at 5:53pmpost #1917 of 20364/15/13 at 1:33ampost #1918 of 20364/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
According to Headfonia reviewer Mike Ting, the 1840 sounds better than the HD650, and roughly equal to the HE-500 (that is a quick summary of a much more detailed review - see the site).
So, "doesn't sound very good for the price" is not the opinion of any professional reviewers that I know of.
Note that any particular headphone may happen to be exactly the wrong sound for a particular person's tastes.post #1919 of 20364/16/13 at 7:35pm
Not to start this again, I think most who's owned both will disagree with that assessment, myself included. DavidMahler ranked them far lower than the HE-500 in his review and I think he was flattering them a bit- IMO they're only slightly better than, say, the K701.post #1920 of 20364/16/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Yet, in ways, the K701 sounds better than the HE-500...
It just comes down to preference really, and how much someone is willing to spend for a sig they like.
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Help with growing ear canals 1 minute ago
- › Dumbest audiophile product ever? The audiophile's coffin 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 3 minutes ago
- › Used Sony MDR-Z7 minty fresh + 4' Surf Cable with 1/8" termination 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2