Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! - Page 128

post #1906 of 2023

Finally, head band made of aluminum. Wish the 940s had this kind of design....frown.gif 

post #1907 of 2023
I wonder if Shure is updating their closed back headphones soon...
post #1908 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelse View Post

I wonder if Shure is updating their closed back headphones soon...

 

I'd be in line for that!! ;)

post #1909 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus49371 View Post

Finally, head band made of aluminum. Wish the 940s had this kind of design....frown.gif 

+9001 to that. My poor headband is pretty much dead.

post #1910 of 2023

Even if they did not, they should source a better plastic for the 940/840. Sounds like sin if they didn't bother eek.gif

post #1911 of 2023

I have not seen much feedback from anyone who has recabled the 1840s to either two 3pin XLR or one 4 pin XLR.  I received a response from Shure technical saying that these are not 'balanced' headphones.

 

Has anyone found a significant improvement in either diy cables to XLR connections, or aftermarket cables.  I plan to pair these up with a bryston headphone amp.  Currently just using a Fiio E17.

post #1912 of 2023
Heard there will soon be white color 1840?
post #1913 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelse View Post

Heard there will soon be white color 1840?

 

Really? I wonder how this will work, as there isn't much plastic to work with on the SRH1840 in the first place. Maybe they'll turn the earpads and leather headband white as well.

post #1914 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelse View Post

Heard there will soon be white color 1840?

Hm, I personally think that would look weird.

It's a shame the 1840 doesn't sound very good for the price, from what I've read, since it's such a beautiful-looking headphone.

post #1915 of 2023
White won't make sense since one of the best parts of its build is its metal band, I don't see that getting a paint over, the metal tone is pretty sweet already
post #1916 of 2023

 

 

White plastics, white leather, natural metalic aluminium should be not hard to make I suppose. Black lettering?

post #1917 of 2023

1840 current design and color scheme are just gorgeous, It'd be a shame to bleach it for sake of some i-nonsense...

post #1918 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoelse View Post

Heard there will soon be white color 1840?

Hm, I personally think that would look weird.

It's a shame the 1840 doesn't sound very good for the price, from what I've read, since it's such a beautiful-looking headphone.

According to Headfonia reviewer Mike Ting, the 1840 sounds better than the HD650, and roughly equal to the HE-500 (that is a quick summary of a much more detailed review - see the site).

So, "doesn't sound very good for the price" is not the opinion of any professional reviewers that I know of.

Note that any particular headphone may happen to be exactly the wrong sound for a particular person's tastes.

post #1919 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstuart View Post

roughly equal to the HE-500

 

Not to start this again, I think most who's owned both will disagree with that assessment, myself included. DavidMahler ranked them far lower than the HE-500 in his review and I think he was flattering them a bit- IMO they're only slightly better than, say, the K701.

post #1920 of 2023
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post

Not to start this again, I think most who's owned both will disagree with that assessment, myself included. DavidMahler ranked them far lower than the HE-500 in his review and I think he was flattering them a bit- IMO they're only slightly better than, say, the K701.

 

Yet, in ways, the K701 sounds better than the HE-500...

 

It just comes down to preference really, and how much someone is willing to spend for a sig they like.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!