I am going to predict a lot of debate on the forums about these vs. the HD-800s.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH1440 Professional Open Back Headphones Blacktagged by System, 9/12/12
- productShure SRH1840 Headphonestagged by System, 9/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best upgrade for me? Coming from K701 and D5000 Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 vs shure SRH1440 Last post on 5/27/14 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014: Ultrasone HFI-15G Added) Last post on Today at 11:31 am in Video Games Discussion
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread Last post on 9/14/14 at 1:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- which cans are not made in china? Last post on 11/11/13 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled! - Page 2post #16 of 201612/6/11 at 3:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 201612/6/11 at 3:48ampost #18 of 201612/6/11 at 3:50ampost #19 of 201612/6/11 at 3:56ampost #20 of 201612/6/11 at 3:57am
To me, they do look like an open-backed 940 but with a much nicer headband assembly. I think we'd be looking around $450-$499 perhaps? Just a hunch..post #21 of 201612/6/11 at 5:07ampost #22 of 201612/6/11 at 5:23ampost #23 of 201612/6/11 at 5:23ampost #24 of 201612/6/11 at 5:24ampost #25 of 201612/6/11 at 5:37am
I'm more excited about the Shures coz this is unprecendented flagship for Shure, uncharted territory. The HD700 on the other hand is not a flagship, more of a gap filler between the HD650 & HD800.post #26 of 201612/6/11 at 5:38am
So how much are these? And ....that headphone stand/holder in the first picture..is there a place where i can buy a nice cheap industrial looking stand for headphones...post #27 of 201612/6/11 at 5:41ampost #28 of 201612/6/11 at 5:43ampost #29 of 201612/6/11 at 6:02am
- Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow 3G WORLDWIDE SHIPPING INCLUDED! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)