Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside - Page 186

post #2776 of 2798

Just some trivia for DX100 owners: I think it´s the only portable player in the market (single item, added amps not included) that can do a "very good" rating in the RMAA benchmark: 

http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/dx100.htm

post #2777 of 2798
iPods get a "very good" RMAA rating as well.
post #2778 of 2798

The wifi on my dx100 is garbage and will not pick up a signal. I had to reset the dx100 for other reasons and now the power amp unlocker will not work. I can not use power amp and can not use the wifi on my device to reinstall it. Is there another way to get power amp on my dx100 like docking it to the computer or are there other suggestions for getting the wifi to work.

post #2779 of 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead7 View Post

The wifi on my dx100 is garbage and will not pick up a signal. I had to reset the dx100 for other reasons and now the power amp unlocker will not work. I can not use power amp and can not use the wifi on my device to reinstall it. Is there another way to get power amp on my dx100 like docking it to the computer or are there other suggestions for getting the wifi to work.

 

Soren can talk to you all about WiFi on the DX100 :D. However, before he does, have you tried locking to a particular channel on the router rather than auto (and on my DX100 I have the Regulatory Domain at 13 channels).

post #2780 of 2798
You can sieload the apks, assuming your dx100 have a good file explorer
post #2781 of 2798

How do you sideload with the dx100?

post #2782 of 2798

Quote:

But not into a 16 ohm load: http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/classic/data.htm

post #2783 of 2798
Yes, the Classic has an output impedance of 5.5Ω. The iPod Touch 5, with 0.75Ω, would ace it, no matter what load.
post #2784 of 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead7 View Post

The wifi on my dx100 is garbage and will not pick up a signal. I had to reset the dx100 for other reasons and now the power amp unlocker will not work. I can not use power amp and can not use the wifi on my device to reinstall it. Is there another way to get power amp on my dx100 like docking it to the computer or are there other suggestions for getting the wifi to work.

 

Thanks for posting this.  I'm sorry your having such problems, but grateful you're sharing them here.

 

I wish iBasso would make a little brother to the DX100, that doesn't have headlight wipers, an electric sunroof, and all this other stuff that ultimately doesn't make the car go down the road, but frustrates owners to no end.

 

Where, oh where, can I find a UI no more complicated or less reliable than the default UI of something like the Sansa Clip+, with a DAC section that has DX100 or HM-801 sound quality (up to at least 96/24 for FLAC or even WAV), a 64GB microSD card reader, and LINE OUT - I don't even need a potent amp section - all for less than $300?

post #2785 of 2798

the DAC +everything else probably quite expensive to warrant pricing more than $300 , even the fiio x3 cost 200 something and have a notably lesser DAC section than the DX100 , but well it have everything else you want, at least I think it does 24 bit playback

post #2786 of 2798

Hi all, I'm purchasing a DX100 in the next week or so. Can you tell me how it "presents" to a PC? I'm planning on adding a 64Gb card to it, but need to know if it shows up as a single device or 2 separate devices on a PC. (I'm using MediaMonkey)

post #2787 of 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Hi all, I'm purchasing a DX100 in the next week or so. Can you tell me how it "presents" to a PC? I'm planning on adding a 64Gb card to it, but need to know if it shows up as a single device or 2 separate devices on a PC. (I'm using MediaMonkey)

 

I don't have a DX100, but I just read the manual yesterday.  rolleyes.gif

 

If a card is mounted in the DX100, you'll see two drive letters appear in Windows Explorer.  Without the card, you'll only see one.

 

Mike

post #2788 of 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

 

I don't have a DX100, but I just read the manual yesterday.  rolleyes.gif

 

If a card is mounted in the DX100, you'll see two drive letters appear in Windows Explorer.  Without the card, you'll only see one.

 

Mike


Yes. This is correct. smile.gif

post #2789 of 2798
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post


Yes. This is correct. smile.gif

Bummer - thanks kenz & zilch0md. Time for some creative sync management! 

 

popcorn.gif

post #2790 of 2798
--Sorry, posted in wrong thread--
Edited by zackhugh - 4/28/13 at 4:09am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside