Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone HFI 580 / DJ1 Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone HFI 580 / DJ1 Review - Page 7

post #91 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirree View Post

Hello Bowie! Im very interested in these HFI-580s. I generally listen to EDM music like Hardstyle and House music and these seems to work well to this :) 

 

Now my question is following: I would like to wear these on my way to work (train). I mainly use Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S2. Will these work well with my phone ? Will I need a portable amp ? And if which would you recommend?

 

Hope you have time to answer!

 

Thank you! :)

"Welcome to HEad-Fi ! sorry about your wallet"

 

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you but please realize that this thread does not alert me if someone posts in it

 

These may be uncomfortable, more so if you wear glasses and the long "Studio" wire that isn't remoable also makes it a somewhat no no for transport. I have and some have braided their wires but that just makes it very stiff. Overall, the active sound of these studio and DJ headphones is not what I personally prefer if I am on a train for a commute. I like a fun sound that isn't very accurate but just very warm and colorful for on the go

 

Your phone should have enough, these are pretty easy to drive.

post #92 of 101
Thread Starter 

Needed info on post and view count

 

-ignore please-

post #93 of 101
I'm trying to decide whether to get an amp along with these headphones. Would it really make a difference, since I'll be mostly listening to music from my phone, which is an Evo Lte. All files are encoded in FLAC or WAV

Edit: just saw the previous post sorry. Do you recommend any other set of headphones that provide a more accurate and neutral sound for a price around $100-$120? I'm on an extremely tight budget unfortunately...
Edited by numel007 - 12/22/12 at 11:38pm
post #94 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007 View Post

I'm trying to decide whether to get an amp along with these headphones. Would it really make a difference, since I'll be mostly listening to music from my phone, which is an Evo Lte. All files are encoded in FLAC or WAV
Edit: just saw the previous post sorry. Do you recommend any other set of headphones that provide a more accurate and neutral sound for a price around $100-$120? I'm on an extremely tight budget unfortunately...

The Shure SRH are a decent choice. They are a bit more cold though.

post #95 of 101
Thread Starter 

Sorry, another post so that I can receive statistics data for this

post #96 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesepoop View Post

Thanks for the review!  I can't wait to try these out.


you're welcome, but remember. the first 10-15 hours don't sound good at all. after that. they will have this little up and down slope of good and bad. the majrotiy of that time will be good. but there will be times of the day when it starts to sound thin again.. doesn't happen too often. smily_headphones1.gif

Don't be SHY! Commenting on this review is extremely welcome! it doesn't matter if nobody has commented for weeks or months >_<</b>

OMG panda! HFI 580's still asum after trying many other products. I still remember buying my second pair for $112 off Amazon before they started charging sales tax.

Also, God has spoken to me in the form of a song:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=An4uDegHB8s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAn4uDegHB8s

Glorious!
post #97 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Sorry, another post so that I can receive statistics data for this

Would you recommend this pair of headphones for long extended use for most days? I listen to rock/pop/edm/trance/house mainly and have been looking at these as a better alternative to the ATH-M50's. I would like to get something with really good bass impact with a fun sound rather than for analytically listening. Thanks!

 

I have a thread also asking for help and I've seen that you're knowledgeable on all subjects I've seen so if you could also take a look at it and give me a suggestion that would be fantastic! http://www.head-fi.org/t/692414/help-buying-new-over-ear-headphones-sound-card-amp-dac-setup

post #98 of 101

Not a big fan of this headphone. I think the comfort is pretty lacking, it's too bright and has a pretty cold, metallic tone. Pretty satisfying mid-bass hump, though.

post #99 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrising View Post

Would you recommend this pair of headphones for long extended use for most days? I listen to rock/pop/edm/trance/house mainly and have been looking at these as a better alternative to the ATH-M50's. I would like to get something with really good bass impact with a fun sound rather than for analytically listening. Thanks!

I have a thread also asking for help and I've seen that you're knowledgeable on all subjects I've seen so if you could also take a look at it and give me a suggestion that would be fantastic! http://www.head-fi.org/t/692414/help-buying-new-over-ear-headphones-sound-card-amp-dac-setup

I used mine(when I had it) for long battlefield funzies and it did get hot inside the cups but besides maybe wanting the top cushion to be wider, it was quite comfy on my end. I hope panda man contacted you, else PM the old chap!
post #100 of 101
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


OMG panda! HFI 580's still asum after trying many other products. I still remember buying my second pair for $112 off Amazon before they started charging sales tax.

Also, God has spoken to me in the form of a song:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=An4uDegHB8s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAn4uDegHB8s

Glorious!

Hey what's up Unity :D

 

Yeah, for $112, they do pack a good price to perf ratio if you are talking about a mix between fun and studio accuracy

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrising View Post
 

Would you recommend this pair of headphones for long extended use for most days? I listen to rock/pop/edm/trance/house mainly and have been looking at these as a better alternative to the ATH-M50's. I would like to get something with really good bass impact with a fun sound rather than for analytically listening. Thanks!

 

I have a thread also asking for help and I've seen that you're knowledgeable on all subjects I've seen so if you could also take a look at it and give me a suggestion that would be fantastic! http://www.head-fi.org/t/692414/help-buying-new-over-ear-headphones-sound-card-amp-dac-setup

Long or extended use? Hmm maybe. By default, stock, no mods or any changes. IT's very hard to wear for extended use due to the pressure it has on your head. 

 

The bass impact on these isn't exactly wub wub wub as you may be able to tell.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretixAevum View Post
 

Not a big fan of this headphone. I think the comfort is pretty lacking, it's too bright and has a pretty cold, metallic tone. Pretty satisfying mid-bass hump, though.

 

The comfort is a huge problem yes. I'm just a reviewer so it's not like I have to use this headphone 24/7 (although I have hundreds of hours with it on my head) so yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


I used mine(when I had it) for long battlefield funzies and it did get hot inside the cups but besides maybe wanting the top cushion to be wider, it was quite comfy on my end. I hope panda man contacted you, else PM the old chap!

The piercing highs(a bit too hot for me) made me stop using these for BF4

post #101 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Hey what's up Unity biggrin.gif

Yeah, for $112, they do pack a good price to perf ratio if you are talking about a mix between fun and studio accuracy

Long or extended use? Hmm maybe. By default, stock, no mods or any changes. IT's very hard to wear for extended use due to the pressure it has on your head. 

The bass impact on these isn't exactly wub wub wub as you may be able to tell.


The comfort is a huge problem yes. I'm just a reviewer so it's not like I have to use this headphone 24/7 (although I have hundreds of hours with it on my head) so yeah
The piercing highs(a bit too hot for me) made me stop using these for BF4

Oddly enough I lowered the treble on the fiio like we talked about and also strait off my iPhone. When I played battlefield(sometimes for about 6 hours strait), plugged strait into my asus monitor, they were perfect! Cristal clear marvels I say! That's when I decided I wouldn't keep the fiio, connecting it to the xbox also added clutter with cables frown.gif

Also, beyound the boundry ending song, I must purchase you!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone HFI 580 / DJ1 Review