Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › 1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player??? - Page 36  

post #526 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Nice to hear. I kinda figured the Studio V and Rocoo P would be different. It wouldn't make sense for there to just be a bigger battery in V as opposed to the P. I mean for $350.00 retail I'd expect a better amp section at least as well, and I'm sure that is the case. Would like to know if Jack can confirm there is a different amp in the Studio V than the Rocoo P? Or is it just tweaks in the firmware making these changes?
 



 



The studio still can be used as an amp, the extra time is very welcome and Jack has said it's a different AMP. I suspect that's true.

 

post #527 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

You guys with thw button problems should try and update the FW just to be sure. I had some navagation issues before doing the RoCoo_p update and that took care of it.


 

Its not an issue of software, the physical button itself is unable to be pressed. Heres a short video showing my problem: http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z20/5370H55V/?action=view&current=20111230_012519.mp4

 


Btw, how do I embed videos?


Edited by 5370H55V - 12/30/11 at 1:44am
post #528 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5370H55V View Post


 

Its not an issue of software, the physical button itself is unable to be pressed. Heres a short video showing my problem: http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z20/5370H55V/?action=view&current=20111230_012519.mp4

 


Btw, how do I embed videos?



look at the icons on top of your dialog while posting, one is for pics, one for videos, fonts, etc. 

I believe it must be uploaded to youtube or vimeo first.

post #529 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5370H55V View Post


 

Its not an issue of software, the physical button itself is unable to be pressed. Heres a short video showing my problem: http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z20/5370H55V/?action=view&current=20111230_012519.mp4

 


Btw, how do I embed videos?



wow, that totally sucks about your Rocoo, send Jack/Hisoundaudio a pm, hope it gets resolved fastconfused_face_2.gif

post #530 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post



 


If you don't format the unit as instructaed as part ofthe update, you will retain those files. If you format, they're gone.
 

 



woops, I thought instructions were only one page, next time I'll remember to scroll down and not miss the other 5 pages!tongue_smile.gif

post #531 of 838

EDIT: Hopefully this makes life easier. smile.gif


Edited by i2ehan - 12/30/11 at 2:53am
post #532 of 838

 

Info base on china Hisoundaudio forums http://bbs.hisoundaudio.net, the version of FW release for Studio V are as follow.
 
Studio20110621 -version 1.04a for Dynamic, 1.04b for BA
studio-20111026 - Dynamic only.
Studio DT-DYNAMIC 20111223/Studio DT-BA 20111223 - latest as today,  ver:2011.12.13.
 
BTW the are two folder inside the Studio V 双模studio-动圈版 and 双模studio-动铁版 which contain the default FW。
 
 
post #533 of 838

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

EDIT: Hopefully this makes life easier. smile.gif



Rocoo-P not working. I thought the one listed as Rocoo was for the P. It's what Jack supplied as an update for the -P. Will be interesting to see what -P version does when available.

 

post #534 of 838

@donlow: Thank you for this. I hope you don't mind, but I've quoted your post in the dedicated firmware thread.

post #535 of 838

For some reason his link didn't take me there. Try this. http://bbs.hisoundaudio.net/ I registered and got the rocoo-p firmware there. Thanks i2ehan for noting the -p FW and supplying the uploads. You may want to check the -p.


Edited by goodvibes - 12/30/11 at 3:32am
post #536 of 838

just for experiment purpose, i loaded newest studio-V dynamic firmware on both my rocoo P and studio-V

 

after 1-2 hours of extensive listening, i can clearly say that rocoo P & studio-V are occupying different amp sections (jack said the dac section is the same)

 

there's just more resolution, bass depth, layered sound in the studio. and even when the volumes are matched, they both output the same loudness. it's just that studio somehow can output more power (beefier? there's just more energy behind it). the vocal sounds more upfront in the studio, but there is just more depth to the music, and it is more layered

 

studio hisses worse than the rocoo P when the volume is maxxed out to 31

 

hope this helps


Edited by i_djoel2000 - 12/30/11 at 4:00am
post #537 of 838

As expected. Thanks. I just tried the -p FW and it's pretty similar to the standard Rocco.

 

I do have an odd issue with any FW old or new. Maybe somebody could check theres to see if it's a player or code problem. When I fast forward, sometimes the channels will reverse. Most times actually. A pause corrects it. 

post #538 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

You guys with thw button problems should try and update the FW just to be sure. I had some navagation issues before doing the RoCoo_p update and that took care of it.

 

It's already on latest firmware. My issue is the same as in the video made by 5370H55V except that it's with Left and Right buttons. When I press the right button, nothing would happen, when I try to press the Left once, the whole menu would cycle rapidly as if I am pressing and holding it. It was less problematic after about 2-3 hours, but I have not used it much since then except for updating the firmware, so not sure if the issue remains. May be it just needs mechanical burn-in by way of button presses wink.gif

 

I did contact Jack about this on the first day itself and he mentioned the same

 

Quote:
Please press heavily the inflexible key and hold for 1 minute and repeat it for several times to see if it can be solved.

 


Edited by esanthosh - 12/30/11 at 6:11am
post #539 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_djoel2000 View Post

just for experiment purpose, i loaded newest studio-V dynamic firmware on both my rocoo P and studio-V

 

after 1-2 hours of extensive listening, i can clearly say that rocoo P & studio-V are occupying different amp sections (jack said the dac section is the same)

 

there's just more resolution, bass depth, layered sound in the studio. and even when the volumes are matched, they both output the same loudness. it's just that studio somehow can output more power (beefier? there's just more energy behind it). the vocal sounds more upfront in the studio, but there is just more depth to the music, and it is more layered

 

studio hisses worse than the rocoo P when the volume is maxxed out to 31

 

hope this helps

I'm actually not surprised, did the same when I just received the Studio-V, since the dynamic FW was still on my Rocoo, but only listened very briefly.
But just out of memory, 24 hours later, I experienced the same as you. I will later at my own risk do the same again to double check.

 

post #540 of 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

I'm actually not surprised, did the same when I just received the Studio-V, since the dynamic FW was still on my Rocoo, but only listened very briefly.
But just out of memory, 24 hours later, I experienced the same as you. I will later at my own risk do the same again to double check.

 

 

 

That's good to hear and what I was expecting. Otherwise I'd be upset if the only reason the Studio V is more expensive is just based on a bigger battery (no battery will cost that much to justify the cost...) Should be receiving my unit tomorrow. It did arrive in Honolulu by noon yesterday so that is super fast. Just not out for delivery... I also bought a 75 ohm adapter to completely eliminate any hiss. Once again Jack I'd recommend you post the output impedance so people with BA can purchase ohm adapters to suit their BA IEMs in particular. Chinese sellers sell these adapters and can customize the ohm resistance (I think that's the word?) which would completely eliminate this issue period (No hiss, no crossover problems).


Edited by lee730 - 12/30/11 at 6:49am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › 1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???