Hi, I had my pair of Shure SRH840's in its leather case in my backpack for a while (carried it around the city) a few days ago, and when I took them back out, they sounded really quiet for some reason. I tried on another pair of headphones, and they sounded like normal, but the 840's are just suddenly really much more quiet than before. Even when I turn my amp up all the way, it's still nothing like it was before. Has anyone else had this problem, either with 840's or maybe other cans? Thanks!
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Heaphones for Classical Music - Through a Laptop - $150 and less Last post on 4/5/14 at 11:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for $200 or under Last post on 3/23/14 at 7:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 440 with 840 or 940 Replacement Ear Cushions? Last post on 3/21/14 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Spent the day listening to various headphones around town. 10 cans tested Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
SRH840 became quiet all of a suddenpost #1 of 412/1/11 at 10:13amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/1/11 at 10:21am
Have you checked the connection of the cable?
Quote:Originally Posted by buntwo
Hi, I had my pair of Shure SRH840's in its leather case in my backpack for a while (carried it around the city) a few days ago, and when I took them back out, they sounded really quiet for some reason. I tried on another pair of headphones, and they sounded like normal, but the 840's are just suddenly really much more quiet than before. Even when I turn my amp up all the way, it's still nothing like it was before. Has anyone else had this problem, either with 840's or maybe other cans? Thanks!post #3 of 412/1/11 at 10:25amThread Starterpost #4 of 412/1/11 at 10:40amThread Starter
- SRH840 became quiet all of a sudden
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 1 minute ago
- › any wireless dj headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob