Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 12/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- productPhiaton PS 500 Premium Headphones With Studio Grade 40mm Titanium Drivers and Closed-Ear Type Rear Enclosure For Concert Hall Quality Soundtagged by System, 12/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New 325is and new finish! Last post on 10/25/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 9/13/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking For New Headphones Under $250 Last post on 7/17/11 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
Which albums sound best with your Grado? - Page 18post #256 of 27911/9/12 at 11:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 2792/26/13 at 9:02pmpost #258 of 2794/2/13 at 1:52pmpost #259 of 2794/2/13 at 2:31pmpost #260 of 2794/2/13 at 4:18pmpost #261 of 2796/9/13 at 9:32am
Marantz's High-end Audiophile Test Demo SACD - 15th Edition sounds great with Grado's. I bought it for my home theater use but when I was browsing the album's booklet, I read that the 225i's were used in recording the album. So, I tried listening to it with my Grado's and it sounds fantastic! I highly recommend it especially to those who want great tracks to demo their Grado's (also your stereo and home theater systems) to friends and family.
You can find the track list here.post #262 of 2796/10/13 at 5:36ampost #263 of 2796/10/13 at 11:50pm
After seeing and reading through this thread I decided (because I have a number of their albums) to listen to all of my Led Zeppelin collection again. Wow, I don't know if its my new amp or my new SR325is phones but I have never heard them sound any where near this good before...just fantastic!! These are all the original versions, makes me want to get some remastered versions of my favorites just to see if they are even better.post #264 of 2796/15/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
I was listening to Tago Mago by Can on my PS500's the other week. Jaki Leibezeit's drums are amazing on that album and the PS500 is a great headphone for percussion.post #265 of 2796/16/13 at 12:50amQuote:
Great, great album ... Leibezeit is the best drummer no-one's ever heard ofpost #266 of 2796/16/13 at 4:24ampost #267 of 2799/24/13 at 9:20pmpost #268 of 2799/24/13 at 9:44pm
I love all Rock on Grado's but....I love Grados for what they do for:
The Cake-Comfort Eagle
Led Zeppelin (I thru IV)
Elton John (early recordings)
Niel Young & Crazy Horse (all)
Edited by sling5s - 9/24/13 at 9:45pmpost #269 of 2799/24/13 at 10:01pmpost #270 of 2796/5/14 at 8:47pmQuote:
I couldn't agree more. The thing about this recording is it is such a true performance. She is out there on that stage, a bit nervous, a bit hoarse, and singing her heart out. Wonderful listen!
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
I won't gush about Paper Airplane, thats been done
Rickie Lee Jones - Traffic From Paradise
Cara Dilon - Live at the Grand Opera House
Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
- Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 53 seconds ago
- › Aune B1 Headphone AMP worldwide review tour --Reviewers Wanted! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Battlefield 4 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2