Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 12/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- productPhiaton PS 500 Premium Headphones With Studio Grade 40mm Titanium Drivers and Closed-Ear Type Rear Enclosure For Concert Hall Quality Soundtagged by System, 12/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New 325is and new finish! Last post on 10/25/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 9/13/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking For New Headphones Under $250 Last post on 7/17/11 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Which albums sound best with your Grado? - Page 18post #256 of 27911/9/12 at 11:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 2792/26/13 at 9:02pmpost #258 of 2794/2/13 at 1:52pmpost #259 of 2794/2/13 at 2:31pmpost #260 of 2794/2/13 at 4:18pmpost #261 of 2796/9/13 at 9:32am
Marantz's High-end Audiophile Test Demo SACD - 15th Edition sounds great with Grado's. I bought it for my home theater use but when I was browsing the album's booklet, I read that the 225i's were used in recording the album. So, I tried listening to it with my Grado's and it sounds fantastic! I highly recommend it especially to those who want great tracks to demo their Grado's (also your stereo and home theater systems) to friends and family.
You can find the track list here.post #262 of 2796/10/13 at 5:36ampost #263 of 2796/10/13 at 11:50pm
After seeing and reading through this thread I decided (because I have a number of their albums) to listen to all of my Led Zeppelin collection again. Wow, I don't know if its my new amp or my new SR325is phones but I have never heard them sound any where near this good before...just fantastic!! These are all the original versions, makes me want to get some remastered versions of my favorites just to see if they are even better.post #264 of 2796/15/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
I was listening to Tago Mago by Can on my PS500's the other week. Jaki Leibezeit's drums are amazing on that album and the PS500 is a great headphone for percussion.post #265 of 2796/16/13 at 12:50amQuote:
Great, great album ... Leibezeit is the best drummer no-one's ever heard ofpost #266 of 2796/16/13 at 4:24am
I have just recently bought all of the remastered Cheap Trick cd's that I could find off of e-bay.
I must say that the very first Cheap Trick cd is what rock legends are made from!!!!post #267 of 2799/24/13 at 9:20pmpost #268 of 2799/24/13 at 9:44pm
I love all Rock on Grado's but....I love Grados for what they do for:
The Cake-Comfort Eagle
Led Zeppelin (I thru IV)
Elton John (early recordings)
Niel Young & Crazy Horse (all)
Edited by sling5s - 9/24/13 at 9:45pmpost #269 of 2799/24/13 at 10:01pmpost #270 of 2796/5/14 at 8:47pmQuote:
I couldn't agree more. The thing about this recording is it is such a true performance. She is out there on that stage, a bit nervous, a bit hoarse, and singing her heart out. Wonderful listen!
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
I won't gush about Paper Airplane, thats been done
Rickie Lee Jones - Traffic From Paradise
Cara Dilon - Live at the Grand Opera House
Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
- Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › I've Made a Terrible Mistake OR My Frustrating IEMs Journey,... 1 minute ago
- › Help Decide on Over Ear Open Headphones 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › Android HD audio playback issue, any suggestions? 5 minutes ago
- › [CIEM] Can you guys help me narrow down my list? 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3