Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 12/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- productPhiaton PS 500 Premium Headphones With Studio Grade 40mm Titanium Drivers and Closed-Ear Type Rear Enclosure For Concert Hall Quality Soundtagged by System, 12/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New 325is and new finish! Last post on 10/25/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 9/13/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking For New Headphones Under $250 Last post on 7/17/11 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
Which albums sound best with your Grado? - Page 18post #256 of 27911/9/12 at 11:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 2792/26/13 at 9:02pmpost #258 of 2794/2/13 at 1:52pmpost #259 of 2794/2/13 at 2:31pmpost #260 of 2794/2/13 at 4:18pmpost #261 of 2796/9/13 at 9:32am
Marantz's High-end Audiophile Test Demo SACD - 15th Edition sounds great with Grado's. I bought it for my home theater use but when I was browsing the album's booklet, I read that the 225i's were used in recording the album. So, I tried listening to it with my Grado's and it sounds fantastic! I highly recommend it especially to those who want great tracks to demo their Grado's (also your stereo and home theater systems) to friends and family.
You can find the track list here.post #262 of 2796/10/13 at 5:36ampost #263 of 2796/10/13 at 11:50pm
After seeing and reading through this thread I decided (because I have a number of their albums) to listen to all of my Led Zeppelin collection again. Wow, I don't know if its my new amp or my new SR325is phones but I have never heard them sound any where near this good before...just fantastic!! These are all the original versions, makes me want to get some remastered versions of my favorites just to see if they are even better.post #264 of 2796/15/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
I was listening to Tago Mago by Can on my PS500's the other week. Jaki Leibezeit's drums are amazing on that album and the PS500 is a great headphone for percussion.post #265 of 2796/16/13 at 12:50amQuote:
Great, great album ... Leibezeit is the best drummer no-one's ever heard ofpost #266 of 2796/16/13 at 4:24am
I have just recently bought all of the remastered Cheap Trick cd's that I could find off of e-bay.
I must say that the very first Cheap Trick cd is what rock legends are made from!!!!post #267 of 2799/24/13 at 9:20pmpost #268 of 2799/24/13 at 9:44pm
I love all Rock on Grado's but....I love Grados for what they do for:
The Cake-Comfort Eagle
Led Zeppelin (I thru IV)
Elton John (early recordings)
Niel Young & Crazy Horse (all)
Edited by sling5s - 9/24/13 at 9:45pmpost #269 of 2799/24/13 at 10:01pmpost #270 of 2796/5/14 at 8:47pmQuote:
I couldn't agree more. The thing about this recording is it is such a true performance. She is out there on that stage, a bit nervous, a bit hoarse, and singing her heart out. Wonderful listen!
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
I won't gush about Paper Airplane, thats been done
Rickie Lee Jones - Traffic From Paradise
Cara Dilon - Live at the Grand Opera House
Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
- Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 11 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 37 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 41 seconds ago
- › JBL LSR-305 Active Studio Monitors: Includes built-in amplification 1 minute ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Reviews on the Sony MDR10RNC noise cancelling headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2