Recent Images In This Thread
- brandGradotagged by System, 12/15/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/15/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/15/11
- productPhiaton PS 500 Premium Headphones With Studio Grade 40mm Titanium Drivers and Closed-Ear Type Rear Enclosure For Concert Hall Quality Soundtagged by System, 12/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- advice wanted: best headphone for Burson HA160D and my music Last post on 10/18/11 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New 325is and new finish! Last post on 10/25/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 9/13/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking For New Headphones Under $250 Last post on 7/17/11 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Last edited: 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Which albums sound best with your Grado? - Page 18post #256 of 28011/9/12 at 11:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #257 of 2802/26/13 at 9:02pmpost #258 of 2804/2/13 at 1:52pmpost #259 of 2804/2/13 at 2:31pmpost #260 of 2804/2/13 at 4:18pmpost #261 of 2806/9/13 at 9:32am
Marantz's High-end Audiophile Test Demo SACD - 15th Edition sounds great with Grado's. I bought it for my home theater use but when I was browsing the album's booklet, I read that the 225i's were used in recording the album. So, I tried listening to it with my Grado's and it sounds fantastic! I highly recommend it especially to those who want great tracks to demo their Grado's (also your stereo and home theater systems) to friends and family.
You can find the track list here.post #262 of 2806/10/13 at 5:36ampost #263 of 2806/10/13 at 11:50pm
After seeing and reading through this thread I decided (because I have a number of their albums) to listen to all of my Led Zeppelin collection again. Wow, I don't know if its my new amp or my new SR325is phones but I have never heard them sound any where near this good before...just fantastic!! These are all the original versions, makes me want to get some remastered versions of my favorites just to see if they are even better.post #264 of 2806/15/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
I was listening to Tago Mago by Can on my PS500's the other week. Jaki Leibezeit's drums are amazing on that album and the PS500 is a great headphone for percussion.post #265 of 2806/16/13 at 12:50amQuote:
Great, great album ... Leibezeit is the best drummer no-one's ever heard ofpost #266 of 2806/16/13 at 4:24am
I have just recently bought all of the remastered Cheap Trick cd's that I could find off of e-bay.
I must say that the very first Cheap Trick cd is what rock legends are made from!!!!post #267 of 2809/24/13 at 9:20pmpost #268 of 2809/24/13 at 9:44pm
I love all Rock on Grado's but....I love Grados for what they do for:
The Cake-Comfort Eagle
Led Zeppelin (I thru IV)
Elton John (early recordings)
Niel Young & Crazy Horse (all)
Edited by sling5s - 9/24/13 at 9:45pmpost #269 of 2809/24/13 at 10:01pmpost #270 of 2806/5/14 at 8:47pmQuote:
I couldn't agree more. The thing about this recording is it is such a true performance. She is out there on that stage, a bit nervous, a bit hoarse, and singing her heart out. Wonderful listen!
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
I won't gush about Paper Airplane, thats been done
Rickie Lee Jones - Traffic From Paradise
Cara Dilon - Live at the Grand Opera House
Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
- Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 7 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA -... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3