Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › KODA^2 - König's Ortho Dynamic Acrylic Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

KODA^2 - König's Ortho Dynamic Acrylic Headphones - Page 3

post #31 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post

Very nice work.

 

...and I was just going to post  'send one to Tyll'

 

  beerchug.gif



Thanks

post #32 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post

Wow! Beautifully done!  

 

Unfortunately, I can't ship headphones internationally ... I can only ship UPS, and it's just too costly for me. I've received your email, but I'll answer here in case someone wants to help out.

If someone wants to handle the overseas return shipment for lokesen, I can measure them. 

 

Very sorry I have this restriction.


I got it sorted out with a few options - So I will ship the KODA^2 mod headphones to you in two weeks time now :)

 

post #33 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesen View Post


I got it sorted out with a few options - So I will ship the KODA^2 mod headphones to you in two weeks time now :)

 



Sounds great! (I hope.)

post #34 of 202
Thread Starter 

I just ordered parts for three headphones.

 

One of these is for sale if anyone is interested. One is for testing/reviewing and will be shipped to Tyll at Innerfidelity. The third one is for myself.

 

Sent me a PM if you're interested in the one for sale.

post #35 of 202
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesen View Post

I just ordered parts for three headphones.

 

One of these is for sale if anyone is interested. One is for testing/reviewing and will be shipped to Tyll at Innerfidelity. The third one is for myself.

 

Sent me a PM if you're interested in the one for sale.


 

Actually - I just got hold of 4 T50rp - And that's why I decided to make 4 pairs of KODA^2 headphones. It is still undecided if I will make more of these - so this is maybe the only change to buy a pair of these :)

 

Sent a PM if you're interested. 


Edited by lokesen - 12/1/11 at 1:22am
post #36 of 202
Thread Starter 

Just finished the design for the KODA^2 today - only smaller changes and optimizations - All for the better

 

The final changes from KODA^1 to KODA^2 is:

 

1. Nicer veneer - I will let you choose between a couple of types like walnut burr or zebrano

2. Nice thick black felt on the inside of the headband - very discrete

3. Minor tweaks and optimization to the inside dampening

4. Bass port micro-tuned for even bette balance 

5. Less reflective, matte finish on earside of baffle

6. About 15% lighter design

post #37 of 202
very interested in how all of this plays out
post #38 of 202

Subscribed! 

post #39 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryyando View Post

very interested in how all of this plays out


Me too - I feel the new revision is highly optimized and I just can't wait to put it together for testing. High expectations I have :)

 

I'll keep you posted.

post #40 of 202

I wish someone could compare this to the Rastapants.

post #41 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPuppy View Post

I wish someone could compare this to the Rastapants.


 

If you by rastapants refer to T50rp with plasticine, akasa dampening mats, craft felt etc. I actually developed the KODA design from experimenting with different dampening on the original housing. I think I have tried most of the different recommended approaches on the forums.

 

There is no denying that the T50rp gets a whole lot better this ways - but you can only get so far with the thin standard cups. As stated before - the difference from a non dampened T50rp to a nicely damped and tweaked T50rp aka Rastapants is really big. But the difference between the modded T50rp and to putting the drivers in some excellent housing is much much bigger. IMO it puts them in another league. Unfortunately it multiplys their price several times too.

 

I think most Thunderpants owners will confirm this.   

 

Btw - a well modded pair of Rastapants is probably more value for money than any other headphone out there - That what makes it so fantastic

 


Edited by lokesen - 12/2/11 at 5:43am
post #42 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesen View Post

Just finished the design for the KODA^2 today - only smaller changes and optimizations - All for the better

 

The final changes from KODA^1 to KODA^2 is:

 

1. Nicer veneer - I will let you choose between a couple of types like walnut burr or zebrano

 


have you given any thought to carbon fiber? biggrin.gif  i believe 3M makes a very nice textured (bare) faux carbon fiber adhesive veneer, btw.  i think it would look great on those black cups.

 


Edited by thrak - 12/2/11 at 6:34am
post #43 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrak View Post


have you given any thought to carbon fiber? biggrin.gif  i believe 3M makes a very nice textured (bare) faux carbon fiber adhesive veneer, btw.  i think it would look great on those black cups.

 



I really like that idea!

 

Carbon veneer - Shure 940 velour pads, matte polished aluminium bars and grey padding on the inside of the headband. 

post #44 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesen View Post


 

If you by rastapants refer to T50rp with plasticine, akasa dampening mats, craft felt etc. I actually developed the KODA design from experimenting with different dampening on the original housing. I think I have tried most of the different recommended approaches on the forums.

 

There is no denying that the T50rp gets a whole lot better this ways - but you can only get so far with the thin standard cups. As stated before - the difference from a non dampened T50rp to a nicely damped and tweaked T50rp aka Rastapants is really big. But the difference between the modded T50rp and to putting the drivers in some excellent housing is much much bigger. IMO it puts them in another league. Unfortunately it multiplys their price several times too.

 

I think most Thunderpants owners will confirm this.   

 

Btw - a well modded pair of Rastapants is probably more value for money than any other headphone out there - That what makes it so fantastic

 

I'm interested. I won't buy it just yet, but when the Tyll contest is finished, i'll see how it is.
 

 

post #45 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPuppy View Post

I'm interested. I won't buy it just yet, but when the Tyll contest is finished, i'll see how it is.

 

That's quite understandable and resonable. If it turns out well - I will probably make more units than the two for sale atm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › KODA^2 - König's Ortho Dynamic Acrylic Headphones