Related Forum Threads
- Are Pioneer headphones good? Last post on 7/16/12 at 12:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer TRE-D800 & SE-DIR800C Last post on 8/12/13 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Will the Pioneer Dir800c handle the Audio Technica ATH-AD900? Last post on 8/18/11 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Customer Looking to Upgrade Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Got my Pioneer HDJ500K, impression of it Last post on 2/12/12 at 3:21am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
new Pioneer flagship? SE-MJ591 - Page 2post #16 of 496/14/12 at 4:21pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 496/14/12 at 4:58pm
There's an in-depth review of the Pioneer SE-MJ591 cans on the Audioholics website, dated May 20, 2012. Tom Andry, one of the principals of Audioholics, genuinely liked them based on their sound, but found that for him, they were most uncomfortable to wear for any length of time; were it not for their wearing discomfort, he would have put them at the very pinnacle of all cans he's ever tested, describing their sound as being like really high quality electrostatic loudspeakers. It's certainly worth a look. I think the Pioneers are available from B & H stateside.post #18 of 496/14/12 at 5:53pmpost #19 of 496/14/12 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by bigguynhti
There's an in-depth review of the Pioneer SE-MJ591 cans on the Audioholics website, dated May 20, 2012. Tom Andry, one of the principals of Audioholics, genuinely liked them based on their sound, but found that for him, they were most uncomfortable to wear for any length of time; were it not for their wearing discomfort, he would have put them at the very pinnacle of all cans he's ever tested, describing their sound as being like really high quality electrostatic loudspeakers. It's certainly worth a look. I think the Pioneers are available from B & H stateside.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a look.post #20 of 496/14/12 at 6:36pmpost #21 of 496/14/12 at 8:23pm
Here's the marking material on the 591 in PDF.
Pictures & measurements
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 6/14/12 at 9:00pmpost #22 of 496/14/12 at 9:05pm
40kHz? Clearly there's a Pioneer engineer out that that has always lamented over his pet bat's inability to hear some really good tunes.
Still, I guess it paid off. "Before I go any further, let me say that the Pioneer SE-MJ591 headphones are, without a doubt, the best headphones I've ever experienced. Bar none." I guess Andry likes it.
Edited by warrenpchi - 6/15/12 at 2:15ampost #23 of 496/20/12 at 3:39pmpost #24 of 496/20/12 at 3:57pmpost #25 of 496/20/12 at 4:38pm
Interested in hearing about your impressions of this. In general I like these - but I have had the hardest time trying to pin down the signature. It seems to morph quite a bit from genre to genre and even song to song. Case in point, I had an interesting flashback experience with these earlier today.
I should explain that I've seen Captain EO an ungodly number of times. Having been born and bred in SoCal, I've served as an unofficial host to all things SoCal for visiting family an friends from out of town. That included Disneyland. In addition, we had friends in high school that worked at Disneyland and got us in for free. So there were entire summers where Disneyland supplanted the local mall as a hangout. I lost count at 137 visits to that place. Anyway, I have a fairly good recollection of what Captain EO sounded like in their theatre.
So I was listening to "Another Part of Me" (off of The Essential Michael Jackson - which I personally prefer over Immortal) through the SE-MJ591 today, and it took me right back to the theater. Aside from the LF not being as pronounced and tight as I remember, everything else was pretty spot on (minus some crossfeed to simulate the original theater's surround system).
Its funny how we remember the oddest things in life...post #26 of 496/22/12 at 9:53pmpost #27 of 496/23/12 at 6:11amhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/615590/new-pioneer-se-mj591-audiophile-headphones-unboxing-impressions-to-come
Initial impressions are good, but it's not audiophile grade IMO.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 6/23/12 at 7:52ampost #28 of 496/23/12 at 12:37pmpost #29 of 498/30/12 at 6:33pmpost #30 of 498/30/12 at 7:05pmQuote:
FWIW, Pioneer does have another pair of "audiophile" headphones, the SE-A1000, that I rather like. I don't know if I would call it "audiophile" grade myself, but it's sounds great for certain genres (rock in particular). Not too many mentions of that one either, but I enjoy that WAAYYY more than I do the SE-MJ591.
- new Pioneer flagship? SE-MJ591
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › V-Moda Crossfade M-100 1 second ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 15 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...