Originally Posted by ampair
- did you feel ear pressure?
- if yes: too late to try otherwise...
- if no: very unlikely, unless the hotel was somewhere high up in the himalayas.
- possible, if the port's power output is below the usb specs. if this is the case, you should be able to recreate this any time at home.
- definitely not. if your system would have wanted to draw too much power from the wall plug, the fuse would have failed. the hotel's fuse. that is.
Unfortunately this was my friend's laptop. The only thing different was that of course it's his laptop and not my PC. My PC is set up to have absolutely no audio filters or effects, his might have had a few. I used WindowsMediaPlayer instead of Foobar.
I usually took hot showers before I settled and listened to music, so I wouldn't really know if it was ear pressure.
Oh well, like I said, I just wanted to share my experience and odd phenomenon with the off-sounding Q701's.