Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Q701 impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Q701 impressions thread - Page 356

post #5326 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post

I'm surprised to hear how well these isolate, i was under the impression they wouldn't isolate at all. 

It's surprising for an semi opened headphone.
post #5327 of 7697

Does AKG have a bad reputation for customer service? It seems to be near to impossible to get them to respond to a simple request for a new 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter for my Q701s. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a replacement? I'm kind of getting tired of waiting.

 

These are great headphones otherwise! My only real gripe is that the cable is far too long. I'm going to make a replacement soon!

post #5328 of 7697

Does anyone have some suggestions for music that shows off sound stage?

post #5329 of 7697

 

I'm loving this setup right now.

 

I went to my local audio shop last week and tried out a bunch of headphones and amp's, i heard the k702 anniversary's,k712,hd650,dt880, and the hd800 and oh man is the hd800 a beast, i wish i could justify buying them they are incredible.

 

If anyone is looking for a good amp/dac don't pass up the Essence One, the only amps i could hear that sounded better were in the $1500+ range.

 

Just show's you what a large company can do with it's resources and production cost's.


Edited by GorillaSceptre - 1/21/14 at 2:51am
post #5330 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post
 

Does anyone have some suggestions for music that shows off sound stage?


This won't show off width, but it'll fill up depth. The track fills up your headphones with noise and reverbs that gives off a warm fuzzy feeling.To save space on this forum page, I'll just hyperlink it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX8m1wYvsN0

 

A popular artist around the acoustic area here is Rodrigo y Gabriela: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLESmgh-VCE
The 3 tracks I like from him is Vikingman, Diablo Rojo and Orion.
The three tracks show off both depth, instrument seperation (there are two guitars) and soundstage.
Note: This youtube upload is half-decent due to the bitrate, there's a missing layer in the soundstage. You'll get it back if you ever decide to buy the song ;)


Edited by Nec3 - 1/21/14 at 2:43am
post #5331 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 


This won't show off width, but it'll fill up depth. The track fills up your headphones with noise and reverbs that gives off a warm fuzzy feeling.To save space on this forum page, I'll just hyperlink it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX8m1wYvsN0

 

A popular artist around the acoustic area here is Rodrigo y Gabriela: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLESmgh-VCE
The 3 tracks I like from him is Vikingman, Diablo Rojo and Orion.
The three tracks show off both depth, instrument seperation (there are two guitars) and soundstage.
Note: This youtube upload is half-decent due to the bitrate, there's a missing layer in the soundstage. You'll get it back if you ever decide to buy the song ;)

Thank's man, I'll check them out:)

post #5332 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post
 

 

I'm loving this setup right now.

 

I went to my local audio shop last week and tried out a bunch of headphones and amp's, i heard the k702 anniversary's,k712,hd650,dt880, and the hd800 and oh man is the hd800 a beast, i wish i could justify buying them they are incredible.

 

If anyone is looking for a good amp/dac don't pass up the Essence One, the only amps i could hear that sounded better were in the $1500+ range.

 

Just show's you what a large company can do with it's resources and production cost's.

Looking good! And yes Asus is a really good company, their quality is amazing on almost all of their products :)

post #5333 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe View Post
 

Does AKG have a bad reputation for customer service? It seems to be near to impossible to get them to respond to a simple request for a new 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter for my Q701s. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a replacement? I'm kind of getting tired of waiting.

 

These are great headphones otherwise! My only real gripe is that the cable is far too long. I'm going to make a replacement soon!

 

Go DIY if you don't get the replacement. Search on ebay or something. There should be something I suppose.

post #5334 of 7697

Call them? 

post #5335 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post
 

 

Go DIY if you don't get the replacement. Search on ebay or something. There should be something I suppose.

Sure, easiest thing to do. I've heard of replacements not fitting, that's the main reason for asking. I'm using the attachment that came with my ATH-A900x headphones with no problems.

 

@Fuzziekiwi I hate calling customer service for anything. I don't know about Harman's, but of pleasurable things to do, most calls to customer service rank somewhere just above oral surgery.

post #5336 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe View Post

Sure, easiest thing to do. I've heard of replacements not fitting, that's the main reason for asking. I'm using the attachment that came with my ATH-A900x headphones with no problems.

@Fuzziekiwi
 I hate calling customer service for anything. I don't know about Harman's, but of pleasurable things to do, most calls to customer service rank somewhere just above oral surgery.

Couldn't agree more.
post #5337 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

Couldn't agree more.

 

FWIW, I've had two calls to Frank Rodriguez of AKG US support.  Very nice guy.  I ordered pads, but I suspect that's who you'd call.

post #5338 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

FWIW, I've had two calls to Frank Rodriguez of AKG US support.  Very nice guy.  I ordered pads, but I suspect that's who you'd call.

I was talking in general. I'm pretty sure this guy is the nicest guy on the other side of a support line and that his job is superb and professional, but in most of the cases, for other companies, the guy is just living in his deepest boredom and give a lot of help. biggrin.gif

I just hate calling support lines in general.
Edited by Ashade - 1/21/14 at 9:23pm
post #5339 of 7697

I'm looking at an O2 for a set of Q701, which two of the three possible gain levels (1x, 2.5x, and 6.5x) is most recommended?  Is 6.5x gain needed or sound better with the O2 and Q701?  My source will be plugged in, not portable (probably around 1.6V max).

 

Thanks!

post #5340 of 7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper View Post

I'm looking at an O2 for a set of Q701, which two of the three possible gain levels (1x, 2.5x, and 6.5x) is most recommended?  Is 6.5x gain needed or sound better with the O2 and Q701?  My source will be plugged in, not portable (probably around 1.6V max).

Thanks!

My personal opinion is: go with 1x and 2.5x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Q701 impressions thread