Originally Posted by 62ohm
It sounded much better than the standard Spotify for a brief moment, but then it just stopped working on me lol. I can't seem to get it to run anymore, but it shows potential. Perhaps overtime they would make it stabler and then, I think it would be a great alternative to FLAC/ WAV.
1) open the client in "Administrator mode"
2) since there is some sort of latency, don't rush things, don't click everywhere at the same time, be patient, otherwise it will indeed crash or freeze
3) some features are buggy: "browse album" works fine but for some weird reason "browse artist" (for example) => crash
4) you can add tracks to playlists but don't try to create lists (manage your lists, settings and stuff in the Spotify client)
5) if Fidelify crashes -> close it in the task manager
also, Wasapi mode will disable all others system sounds, which proves that Fidelify provides a bit-perfect signal)
youtube videos for example and other stuff that try to access (without success) your soundcard, won't work (wasapi is exclusive).
be patient and kinda tolerant and once you get used to it, it will work like a charm.
from a SQ point of view, it is WORTH the little hassle.
the sound is absolutely superb, and Fidelify displays the bitrate, a great and reassuring function that offers bitrates nevrotic freaks a guilt-free listening...
Edited by Hairspray - 12/12/13 at 1:36pm