Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10? - Page 6

post #76 of 211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake2393 View Post


Maybe for BA IEMs. I doubt the bass impact is anywhere near DD IEMs in that price-range (Radius DDM, Vsonic GR07, etc.) It's all getting use to the sound more than anything else.

 



Hopefully. Because honestly, the bass is simply horrible, not even beating my Klipsch s4! Hopefully its a confusion of some sort! I mean, knowing ANY $350 audiophile Klipsch IEMs, these should atleast 'some' bass!

post #77 of 211

The EX600s have better timbre than the TF10s IMO. I think I might prefer its soundstage as well, although the soundstage of the TF10s is really, really impressive.

post #78 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post

children, the monster turbine range will break before they ever burn in..


Don't even get me started with the Turbines and breaking tongue.gif

 

post #79 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

The EX600s have better timbre than the TF10s IMO. I think I might prefer its soundstage as well, although the soundstage of the TF10s is really, really impressive.



Really? I personally hated the timbre of the EX600. 

 

Anyways, I think I'm pretty much done with mid fi dynamics for now. Dynamics just can't seem to match the effortlessness of BAs. :/

post #80 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by controlmajortom View Post

Really? I personally hated the timbre of the EX600. 

 

Anyways, I think I'm pretty much done with mid fi dynamics for now. Dynamics just can't seem to match the effortlessness of BAs. :/


FX700 and EX1000 all the waaaaaaay!

 

Though, if you don't like the EX600 you most likely you won't like the EX1000. 

 

post #81 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremor12 View Post

wow....... because the bass is lacking. So is this normal? People said these were bass heavy..



Then you're probably not getting a good enough seal. I went through heck getting trying to get a seal on my Klipsch Custom 2s but when I did it was no sub woofer but it wasn't lacking either. Experiment with tips and insertion depth in your ear canals until you find that sweet spot.

post #82 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremor12 View Post



Hopefully. Because honestly, the bass is simply horrible, not even beating my Klipsch s4! Hopefully its a confusion of some sort! I mean, knowing ANY $350 audiophile Klipsch IEMs, these should atleast 'some' bass!


I had the X10 and S4 at the same time, and no the X10 will not throw out more bass than the S4. The X10s bass is tighter and has more detail; it is pretty bassy for a BA driver but it definitely can't compare to dynamic driver's bass IME. 

 

post #83 of 211

Yeah really. They just have a more realistic timbre IMO. I mean don't get me wrong, I've only had the TF10 for about five hours, but I find the timbre to be slightly artificial sounding compared to the EX sisters and even the MMDT. I like them a lot though.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlmajortom View Post



Really? I personally hated the timbre of the EX600. 

 

Anyways, I think I'm pretty much done with mid fi dynamics for now. Dynamics just can't seem to match the effortlessness of BAs. :/



 

post #84 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

Yeah really. They just have a more realistic timbre IMO. I mean don't get me wrong, I've only had the TF10 for about five hours, but I find the timbre to be slightly artificial sounding compared to the EX sisters and even the MMDT. I like them a lot though.
 



 

Haha, your impressions are basically the opposite of mine. The timbre of the EX600 felt artificial to me. I guess it boils down to preference? In fact, of all the IEMs I've tried, a dynamic always seem a bit less realistic than a BA at the same price point.
 

 

post #85 of 211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by makincheez View Post



Then you're probably not getting a good enough seal. I went through heck getting trying to get a seal on my Klipsch Custom 2s but when I did it was no sub woofer but it wasn't lacking either. Experiment with tips and insertion depth in your ear canals until you find that sweet spot.

Thankss but i've had the Klipsch s4s already and the tips that fit me great w/ bass were the mediums, and when i had those on the x10s, they lacked bass so badly i'm honestly really disappointed, are you sure there's no burning in nor getting better somewhat over time?
 

 

post #86 of 211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckc View Post


I had the X10 and S4 at the same time, and no the X10 will not throw out more bass than the S4. The X10s bass is tighter and has more detail; it is pretty bassy for a BA driver but it definitely can't compare to dynamic driver's bass IME. 

 


Wait, so does that mean the S4 has better and more powerful bass than the x10s regardless of time-length??? 

 

post #87 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by oremor12 View Post


Wait, so does that mean the S4 has better and more powerful bass than the x10s regardless of time-length??? 

 


It's all perception.

 

From my experience, the S4 was really "dark" and the low end wasn't contained very well. Not having heard the X10 leaves me estranged to what they sound like...

 

But judging from my experiences over the past couple of years with BA IEMs, it's your ears that will require the adjusting. You have just gotten them; enjoy them and don't fret about the lack of bass, it's mostly your own ears. (Just to reiterate, this is coming off of MY experience, so your experience may be vastly different than mine.)

 

post #88 of 211
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake2393 View Post


It's all perception.

 

From my experience, the S4 was really "dark" and the low end wasn't contained very well. Not having heard the X10 leaves me estranged to what they sound like...

 

But judging from my experiences over the past couple of years with BA IEMs, it's your ears that will require the adjusting. You have just gotten them; enjoy them and don't fret about the lack of bass, it's mostly your own ears. (Just to reiterate, this is coming off of MY experience, so your experience may be vastly different than mine.)

 



Thanks man, so you're saying that it's just me? & so that in a way, they WILL get better over time? Due to my ear adjusting?

post #89 of 211
Thread Starter 

Because honestly, i'm a young kid, and well i like more of the modern music, what i really listen to is heavy metal,rock,and techno, does that mean i'm not going to enjoy these in the future?

post #90 of 211

He's saying it seems like they don't have much bass because you've become adjusted to listening to headphones with tons of bass. It would be like eating at a buffet every day for dinner for six months, then switching to normal-sized, regular portioned meals. Even though it's not a small amount of food it might feel like it for a while since you're used to the buffet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?