Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10? - Page 14

post #196 of 211

lol best bass in the world. More like the most bloated. Good bass isn't overemphasized that much, the MDs are kind of bloated. 


Edited by Inks - 12/3/11 at 3:48pm
post #197 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

lol best bass in the world. More like the most bloated. Good bass isn't emphasized that much, the MDs are kind of bloated. 



"good bass isint emphasized" Yeah, obviously you do not own a subwoofer above 10 watts. And the md's are way funner than the tf10's for EDM, just listen to strobe by deadmau5, his "masterpiece" , hear it on both, tell me in which you enjoy it the most, if you're not handicapped, you will say MD's, not only do they sound clear, but the bass/impact on all bass levels gives you this feeling of "full sound" like you are in connection with it, you will not get that in the tf10s with that song, so you can appreciate the song, but you "feel" it or enjoy it as much.

post #198 of 211

err overemphasized was the word.

 

"Funner" isn't better, what's more true to the source is better. I've heard both, the MDs are fun but far too colored, the TF10s are more true to the source. Because of the MD's coloration a lot of detail and clarity goes missing, it's the price you pay for an overemphasized bass. I've heard many subwoofers above 10 watts, certain ones are too distracting if not used properly. "Fun" yes, accurate? no. Sound quality is holistic, too much bass is too much of a good thing when it comes to pure sound quality. Bass that's too present will sound incoherent, it will bleed into the lower midrange.  If you do like that coloration nothing wrong with that, but 'best" isn't the word for it. 

 

 

To me the best bass is one that has good depth  and has an emphasis of no more than about 5-7db (estimate), based on my IEM experience (for a natural decay that isn't emphasized enough to gloss out too much clarity and detail). By this criteria I'll list the SE535s, EQ-7, Q-Jays and X10 as good candidates for best bass. None of these will satisfy a basshead though. I do think bass has to be a bit emphasized in headphones to compensate for the lack of vibration our whole body experiences compared to speakers. TF10s have the emphasis about right with a good seal, but it is lacking depth that won't give you the whole bass experience. 


Edited by Inks - 12/3/11 at 3:53pm
post #199 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

err overemphasized was the word.

 

"Funner" isn't better, what's more true to the source is better. I've heard both, the MDs are fun but far too colored, the TF10s are more true to the source. Because of the MD's coloration a lot of detail and clarity goes missing, it's the price you pay for an overemphasized bass. I've heard many subwoofers above 10 watts, certain ones are too distracting if not used properly. "Fun" yes, accurate? no. Sound quality is holistic, too much bass is too much of a good thing when it comes to pure sound quality. Bass that's too present will sound incoherent, it will bleed into the lower midrange.  If you do like that coloration nothing wrong with that, but 'best" isn't the word for it. 

 

 

To me the best bass is one that has good depth  and has an emphasis of no more than about 5-7db (estimate), based on my IEM experience (for a natural decay that isn't emphasized enough to gloss out too much clarity and detail). By this criteria I'll list the SE535s, EQ-7, Q-Jays and X10 as good candidates for best bass. None of these will satisfy a basshead though. I do think bass has to be a bit emphasized in headphones to compensate for the lack of vibration our whole body experiences compared to speakers. TF10s have the emphasis about right with a good seal, but it is lacking depth that won't give you the whole bass experience. 

Fun>"better" 

 

and like I said, I'm still "searching" for the sweet spot, i like the tf10's clarity and vocal presence, but prefer the fun and "filling" and satisfying sound with MDT's on edm, i want something that has both, ever heard of the TF10 with the Zo amp? i would have bought both but didnt have the money to buy the tf10's at the sale, so now ill get the Beyer DT990 Pro's which are "bassy" semi-open headphones which are great for everything, and i was thinking of getting the e7/e9 combo...what do you think? what exatcly would the combo do? i wouldunt need a sound card either right? or would a xonar dg suffice? since its just 30 bucks.
 

 

post #200 of 211

No sound card needed with the E7/E9 combo since it becomes your actual sound source and will sound better anyway. What exactly it will do is hard to say, but the Beyers will surely improve due to their power requirements. 

 

The ZO is a good device to use if you want to have that bass emphasis and since it mostly affects subbass it should help you retain clarity. 

post #201 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

No sound card needed with the E7/E9 combo since it becomes your actual sound source and will sound better anyway. What exactly it will do is hard to say, but the Beyers will surely improve due to their power requirements. 

 

The ZO is a good device to use if you want to have that bass emphasis and since it mostly affects subbass it should help you retain clarity. 



Then what should i do? the zo alone cant power em completley, and id still need a "dac" which is what gets the audio from my computer and makes it better right? how about mixing a sound card with the ZO? a 100~ one? hopefully less xD

post #202 of 211

Just EQ it if you need more bass (which is pretty much what the ZO does). You may not need to EQ at all with that combo but you could also research for a more a more bass oriented set-up. I don't have that vast of experience with amps/dacs so can't help you there. 

post #203 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedmorebase View Post



no, ure just dumb.


this isn't youtube, someone needs to moderate the forums...

 

post #204 of 211

ITT: Opinions get passed off as fact

post #205 of 211

So got the x10's today. Comparing to the TFI10's...

 

Initial impressions on the x10s are very positive.

The sound signature is very consumer oriented imo, very safe, warm, good emphasis on bass, mids and so so on the trebles. The vocals are warm to the human ear, what you would expect for a comfortable listening. Not very analytical at all, but extremely comfortable sound signature. It does not tire you, it just is flowing very mellow, soft, expected. Actual physical comfort is really amazing. They kinda disappear on your ears, and after a while you don't even know they exist. The soundstage is deep, I mean I feel like the bass (drums and base) is like deep in the stage (just like the actual positions in the concert) but you can not extremely easily distinguish their existence. They just exist but what they do, how clear they sound, is not easy to make up. 

 

The TFi's on the other hand, compared to the x10's are not comfortable at all in the ear. They stick out like goggles, and they don't necessarily stay in place (i found out when i move a lot they tend to pop out easily). They are not tiring but is not easy to use at all times (can not really imagine walking with them without them getting off my ears). Sound signature on the other hand is a lot more exciting than the x10s. It is extremely detailed. You can actually hear the distortion of the base string, which kinda amused me when I realized how much detail they bring out. The drumsticks hitting and bouncing, so much detail. Listening to GNR Chinese Democracy songs where 3 guitars are present, 2 rhythm and 1 lead, you can actually pick each and every one of them. It is extremely detailed, you feel like you are in a studio, recording the tunes. The base is very clear, punctual, real. But this kind of sound signature is definitely not for the mainstream crowd. It is not fun at all, very direct, very analytical.

 

I am planning on keeping both. I will find use for both somehow. X10s don't inspire in build quality, they seem to be flimsy and needs to be babied. If had the intention to return one, I would return the TFI10's just because of the fit issues, not the sound. The hard to fit and hard to stay issue kinda limits the use abilities.

post #206 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by donedj View Post

So got the x10's today. Comparing to the TFI10's...

 

Initial impressions on the x10s are very positive.

The sound signature is very consumer oriented imo, very safe, warm, good emphasis on bass, mids and so so on the trebles. The vocals are warm to the human ear, what you would expect for a comfortable listening. Not very analytical at all, but extremely comfortable sound signature. It does not tire you, it just is flowing very mellow, soft, expected. Actual physical comfort is really amazing. They kinda disappear on your ears, and after a while you don't even know they exist. The soundstage is deep, I mean I feel like the bass (drums and base) is like deep in the stage (just like the actual positions in the concert) but you can not extremely easily distinguish their existence. They just exist but what they do, how clear they sound, is not easy to make up. 

 

The TFi's on the other hand, compared to the x10's are not comfortable at all in the ear. They stick out like goggles, and they don't necessarily stay in place (i found out when i move a lot they tend to pop out easily). They are not tiring but is not easy to use at all times (can not really imagine walking with them without them getting off my ears). Sound signature on the other hand is a lot more exciting than the x10s. It is extremely detailed. You can actually hear the distortion of the base string, which kinda amused me when I realized how much detail they bring out. The drumsticks hitting and bouncing, so much detail. Listening to GNR Chinese Democracy songs where 3 guitars are present, 2 rhythm and 1 lead, you can actually pick each and every one of them. It is extremely detailed, you feel like you are in a studio, recording the tunes. The base is very clear, punctual, real. But this kind of sound signature is definitely not for the mainstream crowd. It is not fun at all, very direct, very analytical.

 

I am planning on keeping both. I will find use for both somehow. X10s don't inspire in build quality, they seem to be flimsy and needs to be babied. If had the intention to return one, I would return the TFI10's just because of the fit issues, not the sound. The hard to fit and hard to stay issue kinda limits the use abilities.


Use the flip mod for the TF10 (left cable in right earpiece and vice versa) Fit is 1000x better. Sony hybrids are also much better than stock tips seal-wise IMO.

 

And I must say I was disappointed with the X10's cable. Its the same as the S3 & S4 cable -___________-

post #207 of 211

I've owned the TF10 many times. I sell it for fit problems and invariably re-buy because of the sound. It's a perfect universal for trance. I simply can't live with the fit and perhaps I will have it molded into a custom. I bought an X10 during the black Friday sale and they are 90% of the TF10, but the fit is fantastic. Unfortunately the cable is microphonic as hell and I can tell this will be seeing warranty service due to the quality of said cable.

 

It's a great compromise for EDM if the TF10 doesn't work for you. Of course it's no comparison for my Pro 900.


Edited by audiogamma - 12/4/11 at 3:21pm
post #208 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post


Use the flip mod for the TF10 (left cable in right earpiece and vice versa) Fit is 1000x better. Sony hybrids are also much better than stock tips seal-wise IMO.

 

And I must say I was disappointed with the X10's cable. Its the same as the S3 & S4 cable -___________-


I don't agree at all. The flip-mod may offer some improvement for those with large ears, but for a lot of us it hits the antihelix. My husband wears them flipped and it looks better, but they actually require more adjustment while wearing (but clears his antihelix).

 


Edited by audiogamma - 12/4/11 at 3:42pm
post #209 of 211

Will be trying out the X10s this week. Been using TF10s for a year and love them. Hoping for more bass and better looks out of the X10s.

Will post my findings when I test them.

post #210 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrassilious View Post

Both deals are over. What's the point of asking? if we say, "OMFG you totally should've gone with TF10", is that going to do anybody any good?

 

Both are insanely good deals. TF10 is technologically superior and is actually worth of remolding into customs. . X10 is more comfortable but only has 1 driver vs TF10's triple driver, no replaceable/upgradable cable. 

 

Best course of action was to buy both and return the one you don't like. 


I have both the triple.fi and Etymotic ER4S which has one driver. Please do not confuse multiple drivers as necessarily better. In this case with these two they most certainly are not better than one driver!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?