Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10? - Page 12

post #166 of 211

I decided to return the X10s after 2 days of listening to the TF10.

I was leaning toward MTP MD. How does UE700 compare?

post #167 of 211

I believe the people saying the TF10s lack bass are bassheads. TF10s have so much bass IMO.

 

I would love to have a little bit less bass and bring the mids foward.

post #168 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaider View Post

I believe the people saying the TF10s lack bass are bassheads. TF10s have so much bass IMO.

 

I would love to have a little bit less bass and bring the mids foward.



+1 for more forward mids.   Which iems have very similar sound sig as the TF10 with more forward mids?

post #169 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaider View Post

I believe the people saying the TF10s lack bass are bassheads. TF10s have so much bass IMO.

 

I would love to have a little bit less bass and bring the mids foward.



if by "lack bass" you mean not satisfying your bass needs and therefore trading them for the miles davis tributes, then yes.

 

mdt's are much more fun for edm, there is just much more bass while still having good quality, sure, the vocals on the tf10 are amazing, but im still on the quest to find that in btetween of the tf10s clarity and quality with a satisfying basshead bass...dont know if ill ever find it, but thanks to the Zo2, it might be posible...

post #170 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by olear View Post



+1 for more forward mids.   Which iems have very similar sound sig as the TF10 with more forward mids?

 

In terms of IEMs, I like the mids on my Etys, but they are really shy on bass. I would love a TF10 that had my HD650's mids.

 

I may try a custom cable out because many have said that they bring the mids foward atleast a bit.

post #171 of 211

The Image X10s aren't as good as the TF10 as a single headphone for listening sessions.

 

The X10s make a much better choice as a supplementary headphone when compromises are understood to be made. I use them as gym "beater" headphones with a Sansa Clip Zip and they fulfill this purpose better than the TF10s could in the context of my ownership of the JH13s (which I can't risk damaging from the gym).


Edited by 3X0 - 12/1/11 at 11:16pm
post #172 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaider View Post

I believe the people saying the TF10s lack bass are bassheads. TF10s have so much bass IMO.

 

I would love to have a little bit less bass and bring the mids foward.



TF10 does not lack bass, although I'd understand that it is not enough for bassheads, who wants longer decay...

 

after market cable will help bringing the mid forward

post #173 of 211

The TF10s are far from lacking bass, if anything the bass might be somewhat overwhelming. Still like it though. Listening to IU's Mia = biggrin.gif, even though I don't understand a single word.


Edited by snakeeater69 - 12/2/11 at 1:45am
post #174 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeater69 View Post

The TF10s are far from lacking bass, if anything the bass might be somewhat overwhelming. Still like it though. Listening to IU's Mia = biggrin.gif, even though I don't understand a single word.



Have you guys even tried the miles davis tributes and its bass? Then you can compare, then triple that, and you get the TFTA's bass, plus it still has some very very nice quality and clarity, which is why its totally dubbed's favorite headphone.

post #175 of 211

Few quick points.  I know some people compared the S4 to the x10.  The x10 definitely has less bass, but feels tighter and deeper to me.  (Had the x10's for almost 4 years now, and the S4's for 2)

 

I'm just curious is that sale for the TF10's and X10's was from amazon itself?   It seems some people with the sale items are saying how bad they sound/lack of bass.  I do know that there has been a lot of counterfeits going around.   I know amazon itself is an authorized dealer, but if it was sold by someone else.   Then again, we all know sound is subjective.

post #176 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 View Post

The Image X10s aren't as good as the TF10 as a single headphone for listening sessions.

 

The X10s make a much better choice as a supplementary headphone when compromises are understood to be made. I use them as gym "beater" headphones with a Sansa Clip Zip and they fulfill this purpose better than the TF10s could in the context of my ownership of the JH13s (which I can't risk damaging from the gym).



I wouldn't do that if I were you....the X10s are known for breaking at the joints pretty easily. You could be out $95 in just a few months by using them in the gym.

 

The X10s seem like they need more babying than the TF10s. At least you can replace the cable on the TF10 if it goes bad.

post #177 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by controlmajortom View Post



I wouldn't do that if I were you....the X10s are known for breaking at the joints pretty easily. You could be out $95 in just a few months by using them in the gym.

 

The X10s seem like they need more babying than the TF10s. At least you can replace the cable on the TF10 if it goes bad.



I'd probably just RMA them. If that doesn't work, the $95 isn't a big deal to me. I have a stockpile of these gold box headphones -- 2 pairs of the TF10s and 2 pairs of the X10s (using one right now and already resold a bunch to cover costs). I've used some cheaper more disposable in-ears at the gym and the X10s don't seem too bad for gym use since I'm not too reckless. My priority is comfort. Durability ranks pretty low -- I haven't broke a pair of headphones since my KSC-75s about five years ago.


Edited by 3X0 - 12/2/11 at 7:51am
post #178 of 211

oh my gozers... these tf10's are sounding pretty horrible at the moment (third pair actually.. long story short, sold, bought sold bought x3)

 

vocals are really off,string instruments sound strange

 

 

post #179 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings View Post

oh my gozers... these tf10's are sounding pretty horrible at the moment (third pair actually.. long story short, sold, bought sold bought x3)

 

vocals are really off,string instruments sound strange

 

 


elaborate, what music/source?

 

post #180 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post. Pretty good timbre too actually, they might have that over the TF10s since I find the latter to be somewhat unnatural sounding.

 


 



 



 

This is it in a nutshell for me. Some people put accuracy above all else with IEM's. The TF's are so unnatural sounding to me, it is almost comical.

 

They are entertaining, certainly. But no one can tell me when you listen to an artist with the TF's it sounds like you are there live.

 

If that is your cup of tea,( ie: highs and lows that call more attention to themselves than Kim Kardashian) then by all means, the TF's are for you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?