Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung galaxy nexus
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung galaxy nexus - Page 13

post #181 of 249
Darn... Google doesn't care about us:mad:mad.gif.
post #182 of 249

Ok, the jelly bean feature list says "USB Audio support, exposed through the Android Open Accessory Development Kit"

This means its not plug and play.

The accesory needs to communicate first to enable accessory mode, and then perform enumeration.

The support for "plug and play" needs to be implemented by the accessory makers. Hence, you'll have to get android compatible accessories, as and when they're available.


Edited by proton007 - 7/2/12 at 10:23pm
post #183 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by axw View Post

Could someone recommend a pair of < $300 ($400?) IEMs  to use with the Galaxy?

 

I use the phone with Etys HF-5 but given its capabilities, I consider upgrading. Etys are wonderful yet a bit thin.

Westone 3 or Westone 4

post #184 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

Ok, the jelly bean feature list says "USB Audio support, exposed through the Android Open Accessory Development Kit"

This means its not plug and play.

The accesory needs to communicate first to enable accessory mode, and then perform enumeration.

The support for "plug and play" needs to be implemented by the accessory makers. Hence, you'll have to get android compatible accessories, as and when they're available.

so there is no point in me buying a used e7 then for use with my galaxy nexus? it simply will never work?

post #185 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by micksaddress View Post

so there is no point in me buying a used e7 then for use with my galaxy nexus? it simply will never work?

 

I can't say it'll 'never' work, but yes, I'd not recommend buying it unless its usable. Maybe it'll have to be modified.

post #186 of 249

i have been offered an E7 secondhand reasonably cheap... i might by it and hope that it will work at some point in the future with the phone... any indication of when 'official' android dacs will be available?

post #187 of 249

Not sure if it'll be able to work.

Take a look at this:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24614&sort=-stars&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars

 

Towards the end there's a discussion of the jelly bean audio implementation. It seems the phone will act as the device, with the accessory being the host.

PCs work in reverse order.

So this does not seem to be the USB Audio Class implementation, but an accessory USB interface. Only accessories like docks etc. will be able to work I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by micksaddress View Post

i have been offered an E7 secondhand reasonably cheap... i might by it and hope that it will work at some point in the future with the phone... any indication of when 'official' android dacs will be available?

post #188 of 249

is it possible to get an audio line out from the galaxy nexus, not to bypasss the dac but to simply have a direct clean line to an external amp, like the lods on ipod/iphones?

post #189 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpchop88 View Post

is it possible to get an audio line out from the galaxy nexus, not to bypasss the dac but to simply have a direct clean line to an external amp, like the lods on ipod/iphones?

I don't think there is much sense in that. First, Nexus amp is an excellent one and quite powerful (if you apply Voodoo). Second, you may disable the amp completely (again, using Voodoo) -- set digital volume to 100% and analog amp volume to 0%. The two types of volume are controlled independently.

post #190 of 249
^ I think you're confusing the Galaxy S and the Galaxy Nexus. Voodoo doesn't work on the latter.
post #191 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post

^ I think you're confusing the Galaxy S and the Galaxy Nexus. Voodoo doesn't work on the latter.

 

yes, you are absolutely right - sorry. I meant Galaxy S. 

post #192 of 249

So my question stands. Anyone?
 

post #193 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpchop88 View Post

is it possible to get an audio line out from the galaxy nexus, not to bypasss the dac but to simply have a direct clean line to an external amp, like the lods on ipod/iphones?

Nope, sorry.
post #194 of 249

Francisco Franco, a kernel developer, has added standard USB audio modules in his modded kernel.

He looks for testers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28723127&highlight=usb+dac#post28723127

post #195 of 249

If anyone has an E7 or other USB DAC, do try to help mr. Franco test his new kernel guys. It might be.. salvation!


Edited by DoomForce - 7/20/12 at 4:31pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung galaxy nexus