Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Yesterday at 11:05 pm in Portable Source Gear
- I'm confused about DACs and amps... Last post on 7/24/13 at 1:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap but good dac Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- good but cheap dac**moved to proper section of the forum** Last post on 11/24/12 at 8:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DAC to use with my ipod Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
Samsung galaxy nexus - Page 9post #121 of 2494/15/12 at 1:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 2494/16/12 at 11:05pmpost #123 of 2494/16/12 at 11:08pmpost #124 of 2494/16/12 at 11:48pmQuote:
If you are using Poweramp, the equalizer works too,but i think the treble and bass are much better in the E17.post #125 of 2494/17/12 at 1:13amQuote:
Probably a typo?
AOKP m4: Android Open Kang Project milestone 4?
Could you please post some details about your configuration:
. ROM: AOKP m4?
. Audio resolution of your music files (16/44.1, 16/48 or 24/96)
. Audio resolution displayed on the FiiO E17 screen (16/44.1, 16/48 or 24/96)
Do you have another picture? (the current picture shows an analog out, and not a USB digital out)
Edited by DanBa - 4/17/12 at 2:08ampost #126 of 2494/17/12 at 2:09am
I was too excited lol. Ya i am using the Android Open Kang Project milestone 4, Kernel is GLaDOS V1.29(GSM) http://rootzwiki.com/topic/14685-15-apr-glados-v129/page__st__810
My musics are 16/44.1, display on the screen 16/48, on the manual says 48 and 44.1 will bot display 48 so it shouldn't be a problem.
Edited by yeehc0729 - 4/17/12 at 2:10ampost #127 of 2494/17/12 at 8:51ampost #128 of 2494/17/12 at 9:31ampost #129 of 2494/17/12 at 10:18ampost #130 of 2494/18/12 at 9:42am
Unfortunately all he is doing there is amping the headphone out that has already passed through the phone's internal DAC, no modifications are necessary to do that. The problem is getting a digital line out via the usb which bypasses the phone's internal DAC and uses the one in the E17 (or w/e usb DAC you use), so far we have gotten the kernel to recognize the DAC and load the necessary modules to use it, the only problem is we can't switch the phone's sound card from the default on board one yet and that problem is a bit of a toughie. Without native ALSA support, it's going to be one heck of a hackpost #131 of 2494/18/12 at 7:39pmpost #132 of 2494/19/12 at 10:17ampost #133 of 2494/19/12 at 1:05pmpost #134 of 2494/20/12 at 9:09am
Citation...ummm...my ears, and those of my girlfriend who is a professional singer and has been around audio and mixing equipment since she was 8.post #135 of 2494/20/12 at 12:07pmTry setting PowerAmp eq totally flat and toggling it on and off; you will hear it. Same with the bass and treble knobs.
The best EQ for android is the DSP manager that should be available with most roms after rooting. It seems to be a straight hardware EQ and does not utilize any form of compression, at least that I can discern.
- Samsung galaxy nexus
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 17 seconds ago
- › TFZ Balance 2M 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear