The fact is that I am just deeply torn : if I knew that in a year or so there is a good chance that I can get a KGSSHV (ideally from Head Amp), I think that I would not order the BHSE now and just wait a little longer. But if it was more likely that if a KGSSHV is ever build commercially, it wouldn't be before 2 to 3 years, then my decision would me easy, that is, I would go without further delay for the BHSE with no hesitation.
Given Justin's track record, I wouldn't personally expect a HeadAmp KGSSHV for another 2 years at least, if not more. You'd almost definitely get a BHSE sooner if you ordered one soon. And given the high resale value typical of HeadAmp products (particularly the BHSE), you could probably re-sell the BHSE for very low loss, if any.
Or another strategy - if you just want to wait for a KGSSHV and don't have much interest for a BHSE, you could probably acquire a lesser amp more easily, like one of the Stax 323S, 717, or 727 amps, or a used KGSS, or even an Exstata, if you really want to get as cheap a stop-gap as possible. I've personally heard the SR-007/Exstata combo and it wasn't bad - maybe not something I'd recommend long-term but for a stop-gap, why not.