Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!! - Page 6

post #76 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANGES View Post



I've only spent a few minutes listening to them yesterday, but the vocals really weren't doing it for me. 


They're some of the worst vocals I've ever heard in an >$50 IEM, no joke.

 

These don't really sound better to me than A151s. 

 

post #77 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by controlmajortom View Post


They're some of the worst vocals I've ever heard in an >$50 IEM, no joke.

 

These don't really sound better to me than A151s. 

 


sub $50???? u mean the image s4? i hear these have really forward mids, so are you saying that the vocals are too much?

 

post #78 of 355

These are sounding much better than more expensive sets in my case. Male vocals are portrayed well, female vocals sound subdued but that's what gives it it's smooth character. 

post #79 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqueh View Post


sub $50???? u mean the image s4? i hear these have really forward mids, so are you saying that the vocals are too much?

 



I meant over $50.

 

The vocals on these are forward, but not in a good way. They also sound muffled compared to other sets in the same price range. 


Edited by controlmajortom - 11/29/11 at 6:10pm
post #80 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

These are sounding much better than more expensive sets in my case. Male vocals are portrayed well, female vocals sound subdued but that's what gives it it's smooth character. 



how do they keep up with fast songs, do they portray everything well?

post #81 of 355

It's a BA so it's naturally fast, better at keeping up with stuff than every dynamic. I have yet to hear a slow BA then again, the lowest BA model I've ever tried was the SBA03 and that is not slow by any means.

 

These aren't muffled, just thick so certain things get glossed and sound dark. It's relative, coming from something like the PFE or ER4S it gets very apparent. Coming from the GR07 and EX600, it's no problem.  It's due to the bass/midbass, bass can muffle things out if it's overdone, these only have a bit of midbass coloration. These do color things a bit but tastefully done IMO, something like the Monsters (Copper/MDs) overdoes it. The bass is only a tad bigger than the GR07s which also has a bit of midbass coloration. 

 

The bass on these things keeps up with the EQ-7/5 in depth, amazing for a single BA.

 

Sony Hybrids go well with these as long as your stem isn't loose (which will cause it to fall off). It opens up the treble and upper mids a bit. 


Edited by Inks - 11/29/11 at 6:23pm
post #82 of 355


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

It's a BA so it's naturally fast, better at keeping up with stuff than every dynamic. I have yet to hear a slow BA then again, the lowest BA model I've ever tried was the SBA03 and that is not slow by any means.

 

These aren't muffled, just thick certain things get glossed. It's relative, coming from something like the PFE or ER4S it gets very apparent. It's due to the bass, bass can muffle things out if it's overdone. These do color things a bit but tastefully done IMO, something like the Monsters overdoes it. The bass is only a tad bigger than the GR07s. 



hmm they sound interesting them, but i opted for the trip.fi10, i think i should have gotten both, not that i don't like the triple.fi 10 at all, i think theyre fantastic. 

post #83 of 355

No wonder they where $94, Klipsch officially discontinued them this month.  I got mine today and I am very surprised how they feel in your ear. Lots of Bass from such a small IEM.

post #84 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by F900EX View Post

No wonder they where $94, Klipsch officially discontinued them this month.  I got mine today and I am very surprised how they feel in your ear. Lots of Bass from such a small IEM.



Oh, that's interesting to hear. I wonder if they're going to make a new top of the line IEM.

post #85 of 355

X10 isn't discontinued per say. They only offer the mic version now, it's still their top of the line and recently got a limited edition. 

post #86 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

X10 isn't discontinued per say. They only offer the mic version now, it's still their top of the line and recently got a limited edition. 


I think Klipsch needs to come out with a new top-tier or just new models in general. They recently updated their S4 with the Reference S4 and created a limited edition for the X10. First, I don't think the cosmetic change to the X10 is worth the price being bumped back up to $350, and I'm tired of the many variations to the S4. I hope Klipsch still has something in store for us in the IEM market. 

 

post #87 of 355

I'm sure that's what we all want but it sounds like wishful thinking, I don't think Klipsch is taking that route. They're trying to become more mainstream ala Monster. I would at least want the C3 back with a proper cable but even then, they'll initially overprice it for sure. 

post #88 of 355


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

782893_700b_v1.jpg


LMAO

 

post #89 of 355

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I'm sure that's what we all want but it sounds like wishful thinking, I don't think Klipsch is taking that route. They're trying to become more mainstream ala Monster. I would at least want the C3 back with a proper cable but even then, they'll initially overprice it for sure. 



That's too bad then, but yes they do seem to always overprice their products. Well the amazon sale has certainly sparked some extra interest in the company. 

post #90 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy45 View Post



 


LMAO

I saw that the other day too, lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!