Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!! - Page 21

post #301 of 355

Just managed to grab them at $89.99, they literally went up ~$105 a few minutes later. I recently bought the S4s and they were great (not much of an audiophile and my first IEM) but lost them about a month ago. They should be here soon, cannot wait. LOL

post #302 of 355

I had a long flight and luckily had both the X10s and S4i's on hand so I did some A/B'ing. Wow handnt noticed it much before but the difference is staggering the X10s are much better IEMs treble and bass are much better controlled and for the $90 price it was going for I want to say it was only 10-20$ more expensive which is worth it. Still happy with them not many hours on the X10s yet but more to come.

post #303 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPac12 View Post

Just managed to grab them at $89.99, they literally went up ~$105 a few minutes later. I recently bought the S4s and they were great (not much of an audiophile and my first IEM) but lost them about a month ago. They should be here soon, cannot wait. LOL

Congrats - honestly even at $105 or $150 I would consider these a great buy - at least compared to the stuff I've heard. 

post #304 of 355

Well I bought a pair of the X10's not really expecting much but I have to say these little guys sound very good.  I love the bass which is the best I've heard from a single BA and the mids and highs are very smooth with good detail.  One thing that really surprised me was the soundstage width which is pretty wide and they have pretty good 3D imaging along with good depth, the X10 is now my favorite single BA IEM and I like it more than the HF5, PFE 112 even a bit more than the Heaven IV.  

post #305 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post

Congrats - honestly even at $105 or $150 I would consider these a great buy - at least compared to the stuff I've heard. 

I would agree.  I've had the X10s for a couple of years or so now and I am continuously impressed at how good sounding they are.  It's good to see so many on here taking advantage of the good pricing and how surprised they all are the the sound qualities of these little buggers!

post #306 of 355

Had a great listening session with them the other night and just very engrossing while listening to Seether. I do find that amping them makes them sound even better. Great punch low end bass, the amp brought out the details in the mids and highs (they were slightly veiled) without. anyway, Love them.

post #307 of 355

Yeah I use mine with a FiiO E11 and it does open them up more and on EQ 1 the bass is perfect with the right amount of impact and depth.  I'm having as much fun listening to the X10 as I do with the SM3 though the SM3 is still on a whole other level.  I think because they both have the same kind of sound signature made it very easy for me to adjust to the X10, I really didn't expect to like them as much as I do.

post #308 of 355

I use the Equilizer app on my iphone 4 with an E6 as I do not use any of the eq settings on that because I do not like the results as much as the app.

post #309 of 355
Dear lord thats an amazing deal. These will be miiiiine! I've wanted the x10 for a while now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #310 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocoolhifi View Post

I use the Equilizer app on my iphone 4 with an E6 as I do not use any of the eq settings on that because I do not like the results as much as the app.

 

I have the E6 also and my favorite EQ setting is EQ 2 with the blue light, I think it brings the mids a touch more forward and gives the highs a bit more sparkle along with more bass impact and depth.  I mainly use the E11 because it gives most all my IEM's a more open feel and the bass boost sounds a bit cleaner over all compared to the E6 imo but the E6 is a great little amp for $25.

post #311 of 355
I just think my equalizer app does a more refined tailor of the signature and like it better but I do have to tell that I have a Headstage Arrow on the way...
post #312 of 355
I have a pair coming soon, we'll see how it pairs with Colorfly C3 and a few other sources (picked them up for $75)

Actually be the second time I've owned them, but I have different DAP's to play with now.
post #313 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I have a pair coming soon, we'll see how it pairs with Colorfly C3 and a few other sources (picked them up for $75)
Actually be the second time I've owned them, but I have different DAP's to play with now.

 

I'm curious to know how they sound paired with the C3, I think that warm IEM with the flat response and analytical sound of the C3 will sound quite good together.  I just need to give in and buy a C3 even though there's no gapless playback but I'm getting that amp first.

post #314 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

I'm curious to know how they sound paired with the C3, I think that warm IEM with the flat response and analytical sound of the C3 will sound quite good together.  I just need to give in and buy a C3 even though there's no gapless playback but I'm getting that amp first.

The thing is Colorfly C3 can be a little temperamental with IEM synergy. It really didn't agree with Yamaha EPH-100 imo they just didn't go well together and it's more than just their warmth or coldness levels. Something happens and some IEM feel like they have a lot of resistance, you find yourself using a lot of volume just to bring them up to speed. EPH-100 was one of those and GR07 was a little of the same yet others perform excellently .. So let's see how it performs.
post #315 of 355

Well forget that then I don't want a DAP that sounds good with some IEM's and not with others, I think I'll stick with my Fuze and get that C&C BH amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!