Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!! - Page 12

post #166 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy45 View Post

I actually prefer the Klipsch cables because it is a good smooth material and less prone to tangling than thicker and tackier cables.  As much as I love to complain about Klipsch,  I find that they are the best in comfort and portability in iem's.  The only complaint I can make is the cable isn't replaceable.
 

 



I agree 100%. Compared the the TF10 cable the X10 cable is awesome IMO (minus the fact that it isn't replaceable of course).

post #167 of 355
I'm having problems with the x10. I am very happy with the sound. The bass is satisfying without obscuring the miss, but I have a few problems.

A. The headphones are very sibilant. It makes my favorite metal band, Versailles, unlistinable.

B. There seems to be very sharp peaks at 2300hz, and 8900hz. I get fatigued about an hour in to listening, when I'm used to living with various soundmagic iems for 10+ hours a day.

C. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit. I get painful pressure that makes it often impossible to enjoy the music. I was able to get complete seals with other iems without this painful pressure. I've tried hybrids and the gels. Don't have the money for comply tips, though.

D. The strain reliefs pressed against my outer ear and cause them to become very sore very quickly. I try to turn them upside down and wear them over the ear, but it's difficult to get a seal, and the x10s get ejected from my ear if I move around too much when worn this way.

Any advice would.be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
post #168 of 355

I'm sure they guys will have other tip recommendations, but have you tried the flange tips?

 

For me, the X10 was utterly unlistenable with sibilance with the medium silicone tips that came on them. The flanges fixed everything.

post #169 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTJ View Post

I'm having problems with the x10. I am very happy with the sound. The bass is satisfying without obscuring the miss, but I have a few problems.
A. The headphones are very sibilant. It makes my favorite metal band, Versailles, unlistinable.
B. There seems to be very sharp peaks at 2300hz, and 8900hz. I get fatigued about an hour in to listening, when I'm used to living with various soundmagic iems for 10+ hours a day.
C. I can't seem to get a comfortable fit. I get painful pressure that makes it often impossible to enjoy the music. I was able to get complete seals with other iems without this painful pressure. I've tried hybrids and the gels. Don't have the money for comply tips, though.
D. The strain reliefs pressed against my outer ear and cause them to become very sore very quickly. I try to turn them upside down and wear them over the ear, but it's difficult to get a seal, and the x10s get ejected from my ear if I move around too much when worn this way.
Any advice would.be greatly appreciated.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

I'm sure they guys will have other tip recommendations, but have you tried the flange tips?

 

For me, the X10 was utterly unlistenable with sibilance with the medium silicone tips that came on them. The flanges fixed everything.



X2. For me the sibilance was mostly cured by using the flange tips. Not the most comfortable fit but it works well enough. I'm guessing you may need to experiment more with different tips. If you don't have the cash for comply if you have other IEM's lying around try mixing and matching their tips onto the X10.

post #170 of 355

man, these iems should be called 'Klipsch For Flight', comfortable, isolating and relaxing sound.

 

i was on a 12 hour flight and I actually had to turn the volume DOWN cause i just wanted to relax rather than listening to it at my normal volume 

post #171 of 355

To all who complain about the cable, I agree that it's not as good as the Ortofon eQ5's cable, but just please be gentle and you can enjoy these for a long time. I've had my X10ii since May and it's still in perfect condition.

post #172 of 355
@soundfreaq: the dual flanges were very painful.

@digitalfreak: I own soundmagic tips, but they're like double the diameter of the x10 nozzle.


Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
post #173 of 355

350$ was a unusual price for a single BA driver. does it worth the 160 usd it goes as of now?

post #174 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

350$ was a unusual price for a single BA driver. does it worth the 160 usd it goes as of now?



Actually amazon sells them for 130$, but at 350$ they're extremely overpriced. I personally think there are better alternatives out there for that price range (130$), but it depends on what you're looking for. If comfort is extremely important for you, these won't disapoint. I paid 95$ for my pair but I returned them because they seemed to be somewhat defective (when I inserted them into my ears, they stopped emitting any sound for a short amount of time). Also, they didn't seem very durable to me. They have a very warm and smooth sound like other klipsch products, but I think you can find better sound for that price range (around 130$)


Edited by Poak - 12/14/11 at 11:45am
post #175 of 355


Sorry to ask but could it be that you insert them too deep and that they got block by ear wax? (I happen to me so )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poak View Post



Actually amazon sells them for 130$, but at 350$ they're extremely overpriced. I personally think there are better alternatives out there for that price range (130$), but it depends on what you're looking for. If comfort is extremely important for you, these won't disapoint. I paid 95$ for my pair but I returned them because they seemed to be somewhat defective (when I inserted them into my ears, they stopped emitting any sound for a short amount of time). Also, they didn't seem very durable to me. They have a very warm and smooth sound like other klipsch products, but I think you can find better sound for that price range (around 130$)



 

post #176 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poak View Post

Actually amazon sells them for 130$, but at 350$ they're extremely overpriced. I personally think there are better alternatives out there for that price range (130$), but it depends on what you're looking for. If comfort is extremely important for you, these won't disapoint. I paid 95$ for my pair but I returned them because they seemed to be somewhat defective (when I inserted them into my ears, they stopped emitting any sound for a short amount of time). Also, they didn't seem very durable to me. They have a very warm and smooth sound like other klipsch products, but I think you can find better sound for that price range (around 130$)



thanks for the detailed reply. 130 seems more likely for a single BA indeed

post #177 of 355


But I have to say that I'm impress with the sound so far even knowing it's a single BA. They are not fatiguing and the detail/definition on the lower range is just so good that makes it very musical and pleasant to listen too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post



thanks for the detailed reply. 130 seems more likely for a single BA indeed



 

post #178 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post


Sorry to ask but could it be that you insert them too deep and that they got block by ear wax? (I happen to me so )



 


No it wasn't earwax. I understand my issue was quite weird, but I'm sure the problem was with the IEMs. To me, it seemed that when the pressure changed inside the IEMs they stopped emiting any sound for a few millisecond. Also, I had a similar issue with my Image S4. My S4's left earbud died, but when I inserted the IEM in my ear, sometimes I could hear sound for a millisecond (once again, I think it was due to pressure change due to the seal).

 

The earphones were working, but this issue really worried me about how long they would last, so I decided to return them and bought the TF10. These should arrive by the end of this week, so I'm really eager to try them! 

 

 

post #179 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post


But I have to say that I'm impress with the sound so far even knowing it's a single BA. They are not fatiguing and the detail/definition on the lower range is just so good that makes it very musical and pleasant to listen too.

 


 

so you think they worth the 130 - 160 or the full MSPR?

 

are the mids recesed on the X10?

post #180 of 355

I'd say $200 retail, $140-170 street would be appropriate. They fall a bit short compared to the high-end dynamics and multi-driver BAs. However, you're paying extra for the comfort and tiny size of the X10s.

 

I'm still conflicted on what I think of the mids. I prefer a more mid-centric sound, so the X10's mids seem a little recessed to me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!