Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!! - Page 9

post #121 of 355

I just got my X10s, and I must say I think they are amazing, for what they do. I own the PFEs, sleek audio sa6, kilpsch s4.

 

Overall, the X10s sound signature is nice and warm & a good amount of bass. The X10s cannot compare to the PFEs or SA6s in terms of clarity, they can't handle the highs all that great either, however they are soooooo comfortable that I'm alright with the trade-off.

 

The S4 had way too much bass, these things were too much and super uncontrolled.

 

The PFEs are the clear better phones and can extract every ounce of detail in all of my songs, they are not too far comfort wise from the X10s, but they are harder to put on than the X10s.

 

I can truly say that the X10s are my new favs because I can't even feel they are there. *set em and forget em*

 

These phones are a compromise, comfort over sound, but they don't sound bad by any means. They have a very relaxing sound with great isolation.

post #122 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundFreaq View Post

Any Radiohead song, but specifically, Bodysnatchers. I've never heard sibilance like this. Makes me wonder if they're defective somehow. I'll have to try out the different tips later. 



I'm happy to report back that I tried the flange tips and it cured 95% of the sibilance. Can someone explain how a slightly different tip can eradicate the overwhelming sibilance? What's the physics behind that?

post #123 of 355

Yes, its perhaps a resonant issue. This specially occurs with silicone tips. The X10s treble energy lies mostly in the 8.5-9k region and thus having a seal that will resonate creates a bigger emphasis on that 8.5-9k which consequently brings out the 8k siblance (because the response is going up in this region). 

post #124 of 355

Interesting. Makes sense. Thanks!

post #125 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Yes, its perhaps a resonant issue. This specially occurs with silicone tips. The X10s treble energy lies mostly in the 8.5-9k region and thus having a seal that will resonate creates a bigger emphasis on that 8.5-9k which consequently brings out the 8k siblance (because the response is going up in this region). 



So go with the stock flanged tips and most sibilance will be cured. Got it, thanks Inks my X10 should arrive in another 2 or 3 days I'm looking forward to trying them out.

post #126 of 355

I naturally went for the biflange tips, the single flange tips don't give me a good seal despite going deep. I'm personally liking them with the newer Monster foam Supertips. 

post #127 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I naturally went for the biflange tips, the single flange tips don't give me a good seal despite going deep. I'm personally liking them with the newer Monster foam Supertips. 



Well I got enough of those lying around as well as the tips from my MDR EX600. I usually swap tips back and forth the first week or two before deciding on a final tip.

post #128 of 355

I'm going to flip these (shoot me!) and see if I can buy Atrios instead.

 

I've decided that I must be a basshead after all - I don't think the bass on my X10s is strong enough.

post #129 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm23 View Post

I'm going to flip these (shoot me!) and see if I can buy Atrios instead.

 

I've decided that I must be a basshead after all - I don't think the bass on my X10s is strong enough.



Why do I feel like I'm going to hate the X10? Seems like enough people on here aren't liking these at all. sad.gif

post #130 of 355

I actually like these. Best bass quality I've ever heard for 100$ and the response is well balanced, but it is lacking air/treble extension. 

post #131 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post



Why do I feel like I'm going to hate the X10? Seems like enough people on here aren't liking these at all. sad.gif


 

Umm...I plugged it into a different source (Creative X-Fi Go! Pro*) and now I'm second-guessing myself. I'm pretty sure there's more bass and it's clearer, but I haven't done a back-to-back test. I guess maybe my computer isn't good enough for these...?

 

*Yes, I was an idiot and got the Pro version. I bought this a few months ago to use with my Klipsch S4s. I couldn't notice a sound quality difference with the X-Fi on the S4 and it disappointed me, but I am noticing a difference with the X10...as you just read.

post #132 of 355

Finally got around to listening to mine (also from the Amazon BF craziness), and my initial impressions are VERY positive... Out of the box, they are more impressive than my Sennheiser IE8's, although I haven't put nearly enough time on the Senns to fully burn them in. The x10 seems to hit a sweet spot for me between detail, smoothness, and impact. The comments here about the bass being somehow substandard are completely at odds with my own experience-- listening to Puscifers' Conditions of My Parole last night, the x10's actually feel like they hit with really deep bass notes. I have definitely gone overboard on IEMs this year (IE8, x10, A151, CC51, MC5, and CX 6 within the last 30 days) and haven't yet tried all of them, but so far, the x10's are no-brainer go-to buds for day-to-day listening. The comfort and fit are excellent, and as many people have mentioned, you can almost forget that they're even there moments after inserting them. 

 

I often think about audio equipment in terms of how I'd expect my mom or sister to react to it, as they both really love music and appreciate good sound. I think the x10 is something they would immediately recognize as being significantly better than anything (IEM wise) they had heard before, and I wouldn't have to try to convince them of the quality of the sound-- it's just self-evident. 

 

Overall, my (admittedly unseasoned) impression of the x10 is that it's simply a great pair of highly enjoyable IEM's that offend my OCD tendencies far less than other buds and cans I've tried and allow me to just stick 'em in and start really digging my music. 

 

Just my 1/50th of a buck. 

post #133 of 355

Got my pair today and on first short impression they are somewhat lacking on the top but the bass is very good and the vocal was not too bad either. This is from and old Nano and Clip+. I'll tried them later with my Dacport to see if it makes a difference. So far so good.

 

** Edit ***

 

Ok just listen to the X10 with my DACport and it pair very well. DACport is know to be a bit lite in the lower region. Not with the X10. eek.gif It's a very good match and I do not find them lacking on the upper region anymore (Oh forgot to say that I have switched to the bi-flange tip). I'm very impress with the vocal. Smooth and warm (Might be the DACport) The are just right and not recess like I had read. Very happy with my buy. Was trying to get the UE TF10 but they did not ship to Canada. I was a bit concern with comfort with the TF10 but now with the X10 it's just a joy. Very comfy.


Edited by Twinster - 12/5/11 at 7:33pm
post #134 of 355

Just got mine as well from the Amazon sale. They are better than I was expecting and great value at the sale price. As others have said they have a lack of treble extension and maybe sound a tad dark. But they are very comfortable both in terms of the fit and to listen to. I find myself enjoying the music more than some other IEMs that sound 'better'. For Pop/Rock I prefer TF10s but for classical the X10 beats it. Not as good as ER4s or my other new arrival, the EX1000s. If only I could get a good seal on the EX1000s. ARRGHHH!

post #135 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwd View Post

Just got mine as well from the Amazon sale. They are better than I was expecting and great value at the sale price. As others have said they have a lack of treble extension and maybe sound a tad dark. But they are very comfortable both in terms of the fit and to listen to. I find myself enjoying the music more than some other IEMs that sound 'better'. For Pop/Rock I prefer TF10s but for classical the X10 beats it. Not as good as ER4s or my other new arrival, the EX1000s. If only I could get a good seal on the EX1000s. ARRGHHH!



Speaking as a EX600 owner I highly recommend the Monster gel super tips or the tri flange. Both did wonders for my EX600

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image X10 for $94 (usually $350)!!