Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › It's Like UNIVERSAL IEM Deja vu!!! Journey into universal IEMs when I thought I was done...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's Like UNIVERSAL IEM Deja vu!!! Journey into universal IEMs when I thought I was done... - Page 4

post #46 of 155

^ Same tips also?

post #47 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Okay, here is one quick (and I mean quick observation) about the TF10s. The mids DO NOT sound nearly as recessed as I recall them sounding in my first pair of TF10s.Those mids stuck out (or didn't stick out actually) like a sore thumb. Here's the kicker though, The TF10 I bought prior to this one was from the batch before Logitech bought the company and took over. Could it be that Logitech bumped up the mids some? Hmmmm? I still need much more listening, but I remember putting the TF10s in my ears (the first time around) and the recessed mids immediately jumped out at me. Not so much now.... And I'm listening through an iPod Classic just like I did the first time almost three years ago. I'll let you know if my theory holds true...

The bass and treble still sound very very good to me.... These may stay (if I continue to find that the mids are better).


Good to hear eric......that's the way I hear them.  Lovin' these TF10's!  Returned the M4's.....waiting on the GR01 though.....
 

I have been rolling tips with the TF 10, still using my Sennheiser medium replacement tips, L/R reversed ears.  I have tried quite a few other tips...larger for even better seal.  When I tried the same Sennheiser replacement tip in large, I got a better seal.......and the bass increased.......but with more emphasis on the bass, the mids sound more recessed and not as clear, I think the bass bleeds into the mids destroying the more forward mids, than with the medium tips....tried quite a few tips including those light blue tips, they seem to all do the same thing to the mids while increasing bass impact and quantity.  That is my impression....can't wait to hear what you think, with more listening...

 

I can't seem to find any of my music that doesn't sound good on TF 10.


Edited by cute - 11/29/11 at 11:45am
post #48 of 155

@cute, so the m4's mids sound recessed compared to TF10's?

post #49 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

@cute, so the m4's mids sound recessed compared to TF10's?


@shotgunshane,  No not really, in fact I really enjoyed them for a $70 IEM.  The M4's sound to me like a B2 with lots of bass......balanced throughout, sparkly highs, very very good clarity, as others have said.  I really was enjoying them until yesterday when I got the TF 10's.  The TF 10's just blew me away with clarity, balance, timbre, vocals.....well everything.  I am enjoying the TF 10's immensely.

 

I listened to nothing but the M4's for four straight days and loved them.  Like I said everything was just super clear on them, with lots of sparkle.  The one con, is that if you try to listen too loud the treble can be a little grainy.......that got better after some burn in.  I was set to keep them until........the TF 10's!

 

post #50 of 155

Thanks. I ordered the M2 on cyber monday.  I think I'll stay away from the M4. Doesn't sound like it will fall in my preferences. 

post #51 of 155
Thread Starter 


Can't remember if the comply tips are the same, but the silicons are different. They are a blueish translucent (not like the blueish translucents I mentioned a while back, which are from the HJE900). These feel firmer. No more transparent silicons...I think these are firmer than the transparent silicons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

^ Same tips also?



 

post #52 of 155
Thread Starter 

So here is my breakdown of IEMs as it stands right now, today (this is in no order of preference):

 

BA drivers:

 

1964-Q (four drivers)

W4 (four drivers)

SM2 (two drivers)

TF-10 (three drivers)

 

 

Dynamic Drivers:

 

DDM (two drivers)

GR07

FXT90 (two drivers)

7550

EX600

TS02

N3
(and some few cheaper Xears - some decent and some no so good, but not worth singling out)

I never thought I would like dynamics better than BAs. Hmmmm? But then again, just because there are more dynamics than BAs doesn't mean anything. The best sounding IEM out of the bunch is still the 4-driver 1964-Q to my ears. Some of those dynamics are pushing against that custom though. Now it is time to try a hybrid...

post #53 of 155

@ Eric , sounds like you are hearing the tf10 more like i do this time around buddy , i never understood it when people say the mids are recessed! , a bit sterile yes ,but recessed No , they are quite prominent in the mix . I also have the logitech version and with the blue silicone tips which are thicker than most silicone tips although i seldom use those tips on any iem as i do not think they sound to good.

post #54 of 155

From the bickering in this thread I think I'm going to like the TF10, even if I payed $170 after it was all said and done. I'm just getting tired of the IE8's veil and lack of top end clarity (my opinion anyways) when they aren't EQed (still no sparkle when they are). I love my IE8's and will keep them but I think the TF10s will be a welcome addition. I always thought my IE8's were better than the Shure E4gs I had in every way until I thought about the top end shimmer or sparkle good BA's seem to have. I miss the hell out of it so I think the TF10s will be a welcome addition to my current single IEM collection (broke and 17). As for my EQing, it drains the iPhone battery and the back of my mind keeps telling me thats not the way the manufacture intended the product to be heard. I like the IE8's non EQed in some aspects, in many actually. So smooth. 

post #55 of 155


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

So here is my breakdown of IEMs as it stands right now, today (this is in no order of preference):

 

BA drivers:

 

1964-Q (four drivers)

W4 (four drivers)

SM2 (two drivers)

TF-10 (three drivers)

 

 

Dynamic Drivers:

 

DDM (two drivers)

GR07

FXT90 (two drivers)

7550

EX600

TS02

N3
(and some few cheaper Xears - some decent and some no so good, but not worth singling out)

I never thought I would like dynamics better than BAs. Hmmmm? But then again, just because there are more dynamics than BAs doesn't mean anything. The best sounding IEM out of the bunch is still the 4-driver 1964-Q to my ears. Some of those dynamics are pushing against that custom though. Now it is time to try a hybrid...


So stay tuned folks for next weeks exciting episode !   tongue_smile.gif

 

post #56 of 155

UM now reshells IE8's and adds a mid and a high BA btw using the dynamic for lows. I'm still waiting for someone to pull the trigger on those, not something I would ever do, would love to see a review though. 

post #57 of 155
Thread Starter 


Where was bickering in this thread? I missed something? blink.gif????

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGuyG View Post

From the bickering in this thread I think I'm going to like the TF10, even if I payed $170 after it was all said and done. I'm just getting tired of the IE8's veil and lack of top end clarity (my opinion anyways) when they aren't EQed (still no sparkle when they are). I love my IE8's and will keep them but I think the TF10s will be a welcome addition. I always thought my IE8's were better than the Shure E4gs I had in every way until I thought about the top end shimmer or sparkle good BA's seem to have. I miss the hell out of it so I think the TF10s will be a welcome addition to my current single IEM collection (broke and 17). As for my EQing, it drains the iPhone battery and the back of my mind keeps telling me thats not the way the manufacture intended the product to be heard. I like the IE8's non EQed in some aspects, in many actually. So smooth. 



 

post #58 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Thanks. I ordered the M2 on cyber monday.  I think I'll stay away from the M4. Doesn't sound like it will fall in my preferences. 



@shotgunshane,  ClieOS initial impressions of the M4 were very good.  MP4Nation forum had the M4 better than M1, M2, M3....I haven't heard those.  The preorder on the M4 was $50.00....I didn't bite on that because of shipping time.  MP4Nation, I found out now, is shipping all USA orders out of Phoenix, AZ, shipped by Amazon......just my luck.  Anyway I ordered the M4 through Amazon because of their return policy, paid $69.99 Amazon prime free shipping.  So, the main thing that ticked me off is, today the M4 is on Amazon for $54.50, so they are getting them returned from me.  They could easily be worth twice that, a very good value.  The bass/drums IMO are as good as the FXT90 and GR07, mids not reccessed IMO, sparkly highs.....very fun to listen to them.  Maybe I should have asked for the price difference for the M4 since it was Amazon.   "Ry Cooder Anthology: The UFO has Landed" has some of the best guitars, slide guitar sound on the M4 that I have heard.....just magical synergy with that album. 

 


Edited by cute - 11/29/11 at 1:41pm
post #59 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Could it be that Logitech bumped up the mids some? Hmmmm? I still need much more listening, but I remember putting the TF10s in my ears (the first time around) and the recessed mids immediately jumped out at me. Not so much now.... And I'm listening through an iPod Classic just like I did the first time almost three years ago. I'll let you know if my theory holds true...

The bass and treble still sound very very good to me.... These may stay (if I continue to find that the mids are better).


Maybe these TF 10's have mids tuned more like the new UE Triplefi 15's.
 

 

post #60 of 155


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post


Where was bickering in this thread? I missed something? blink.gif????



 

Just the typical, I hate this about it, I like this about it, I disagree because. Could have worded it better ;) 
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › It's Like UNIVERSAL IEM Deja vu!!! Journey into universal IEMs when I thought I was done...