New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-Moda LP2 Review - Page 2

post #16 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaustin25 View Post

You have convinced me, I was on the fence but you pushed me over.   Just used "WEVSOCIAL" and got an extra 14.4% off too!



Glad to help :). The code I used was Head-FI, which gave 14.4% off as well. Resulting in $170.83 total. Be sure to come back and let us know how you like them.

post #17 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockmaker View Post



Glad to help :). The code I used was Head-FI, which gave 14.4% off as well. Resulting in $170.83 total. Be sure to come back and let us know how you like them.



Will do, this is my first pair of decent headphones and I pumped to get them.  

post #18 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockmaker View Post



Glad to help :). The code I used was Head-FI, which gave 14.4% off as well. Resulting in $170.83 total. Be sure to come back and let us know how you like them.



Also, what carrier did they use to ship them and about how long did it take?  Thanks

post #19 of 141

I picked the free shipping option and they used USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. It came to me in 2 days.

post #20 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaustin25 View Post



Also, what carrier did they use to ship them and about how long did it take?  Thanks



It came via USPS, but took five days for me, I'm on the other side of the country.

post #21 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockmaker View Post

edit: earlier I let my mother have a listen as she was scolding me for spending so much on headphones when I already have a pair and a few earphones laying around. Upon wearing them, she obviously liked them, but stood solid on her stance that they were too pricey. I just came back from a bathroom break, and my lp2's are missing. I go into my mother's room, and there she is with my headphones, rocking out. 


LOL, guess she liked them a bit more than she were willing to admit haha. :D

 

I'm really excited about these cans now, especially regarding the 3D / positioning sound. V-Moda does speak a lot about the soundstage/positioning on their page so they seem confident about it working very well. I also play a lot of games and there's nothing more satisfying than a very clear positioning. They've done a great job with positioning in Skyrim that I've been playing, it's so much more immersive when every ingame sound has its certain direction it comes from that you can easily locate.

 

I just hope these get stocked inside EU soon so I can place an order. I think these are really good fit for me, the memory foam pads look awesome (I don't like HTF600's weird stock pads that aren't very soft and gets very hot within an hr of use already and I always have sweaty ears after a gaming session) and it looks to have the soundstage I'm looking for as well as the bassresponse. But I'm also picky about the midrange especially so that's where currently my biggest concern lies.

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/26/11 at 5:55am
post #22 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post


LOL, guess she liked them a bit more than she were willing to admit haha. :D

 

I'm really excited about these cans now, especially regarding the 3D / positioning sound. V-Moda does speak a lot about the soundstage/positioning on their page so they seem confident about it working very well. I also play a lot of games and there's nothing more satisfying than a very clear positioning. They've done a great job with positioning in Skyrim that I've been playing, it's so much more immersive when every ingame sound has its certain direction it comes from that you can easily locate.

 

I just hope these get stocked inside EU soon so I can place an order. I think these are really good fit for me, the memory foam pads look awesome (I don't like HTF600's weird stock pads that aren't very soft and gets very hot within an hr of use already and I always have sweaty ears after a gaming session) and it looks to have the soundstage I'm looking for as well as the bassresponse. But I'm also picky about the midrange especially so that's where currently my biggest concern lies.

 

So can these headphones bee used while playing an XBox 360?  If so, do I need an adapter or something?  

 

post #23 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaustin25 View Post

So can these headphones bee used while playing an XBox 360?  If so, do I need an adapter or something?  


There should be a Headphone out on either the console or TV right? I don't use consoles and haven't touched one in many years so have no idea but at least almost every TV I've seen has a headphone jack (although don't expect good surround sound). Also I know there's Astro Mixamp that can be hooked up to consoles which enhances the surround sound with dolby headphone. There's also one from Turtle Beach DSS or whatever it was called that has a bass boost control.

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/26/11 at 8:51am
post #24 of 141

Here's something for you with the LP2's to try, try cover those vents with your hands, do you notice a big difference in sound? If it's anything like on Sony XB / Panasonic HTF600 phones both the soundstage and bass dissappears.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/26/11 at 9:09am
post #25 of 141

Any comparisons to HD25 and M-80?

post #26 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Here's something for you with the LP2's to try, try cover those vents with your hands, do you notice a big difference in sound? If it's anything like on Sony XB / Panasonic HTF600 phones both the soundstage and bass dissappears.



I'm covering them with my hands, and not noticing much, if any change in sound. If there's a change, its barely audible to me, or its because of the pressure I'm placing on the cups which then presses on my ears.

 

edit: just held tissues over the vents, and you're partially right. The bass does drop out a bit, but it's still there and still a little stronger than the grado.

 

edit2: oh, and if you're on the fence about getting these and don't live in some far off place (outside the usa), I'd say to just get them, try them, and return them if you don't like them. V-Moda has a 60 day trial period upon which you can return the headphones.


Edited by Clockmaker - 11/26/11 at 12:33pm
post #27 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockmaker View Post

edit2: oh, and if you're on the fence about getting these and don't live in some far off place (outside the usa), I'd say to just get them, try them, and return them if you don't like them. V-Moda has a 60 day trial period upon which you can return the headphones.

 

I live in Finland so shipping for starters is like 22 EUR and would end up having to pay custom fees and shipping to US is really expensive from here in case I'd end up returning so that's why I'm waiting for amazon.co.uk (valid V-Moda partner so 60-day garantuee is OK too etc) to get theirs in stock as I can get free delivery and no custom fees. But yea I'd want to try them right now. :s
 

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/26/11 at 4:43pm
post #28 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

I live in Finland so shipping for starters is like 22 EUR and would end up having to pay custom fees and shipping to US is really expensive from here in case I'd end up returning so that's why I'm waiting for amazon.co.uk (valid V-Moda partner so 60-day garantuee is OK too etc) to get theirs in stock as I can get free delivery and no custom fees. But yea I'd want to try them right now. :s
 

 



Yeah, I know, that's crazy. Hopefully they get them in soon for you guys over in Europe.

post #29 of 141
Thread Starter 

Just a quick update, I went back to college today and my commute was very peaceful. Without music playing, the lp2's isolate you from a good deal of the bus engine. With music on, even at a moderate volume, you can forget you're on a bus entirely... until the bus jerks violently because people don't know how to drive.

post #30 of 141

I don't know about you guys, but I found the high ends to be covered by the bass and overall warmth of the headphones. I gave these a brief listen at a local Microsoft Store and I was listening to Madeon - Pop Culture Drum Along. The cymbals seemed to be really recessed compared to the rest of the "boomy-sounding" drums and bass pedal.

 

Then again, it's a YouTube video and I only spent ~5 minutes previewing the LP2's, so don't take my impressions very seriously. Maybe my ears have been spoiled with the SRH940's clear treble response. >_<

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: