Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Perfect $300-ish Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Perfect $300-ish Headphones - Page 3

post #31 of 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



i know this wasn't directed at me. but just got it in FLAC. very high quality song. too many of my other songs have too many instruemtns going on at the same time. that's why i love asian music :)

 

the difference in FLAC and 320 is pretty small. more hearable/noticable on high end audio equipment. however on mine. i can tell bc of less "artifacts" in the music at certain times. these "Artifacts" become more apparent at higher volumes. when the singers voice pops or has some crackle in it(not driver damage) that's also when. and the background and main music..just doesn't sound as...well it just doesn't roll off as smooth. like the ending of ichiban no takaramono with the instruemtns. you can hear some...."Artfacts" in 320


I was gonna upload the few flacs I have for you, but stopped when I read that you have got it somewhere. Musics like angel beats! ost are pretty rare nowadays, Jpop and Kpop are approaching english pop, more electronic sounds, less real instruments etc. Chinese pop is too starting to go that direction, but still maintains a big chunk of RnB or soft rock emotional songs. For a person who doesnt really like club/dance genres, it is pretty sad to see that trend.

 

Sadly, my ears arent sensitive enough to tell the difference. That doesnt stop me from enjoying music though. smily_headphones1.gif

post #32 of 169
Thread Starter 

Wow...this thread got derailed fast. :P I don't mind. I was so happy to find Doki. I have the entire series in 1080p (h264 + FLAC). I would have gotten the 10-bit support version but it didn't work with VLC so that was a week wasted of downloading time. Man, I hate bittorrent. It's horrible when there isn't a lot of people downloading it.

 

Can I transpose music easily with the AH-D2000's? It's probably the best closed headphones I can get that's dynamic and has a good soundstage so that'll probably be the reference point here. For the question, just take it as if I have the best gear in the world, not some crappy back panel onboard audio connection.

post #33 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Wow...this thread got derailed fast. :P I don't mind. I was so happy to find Doki. I have the entire series in 1080p (h264 + FLAC). I would have gotten the 10-bit support version but it didn't work with VLC so that was a week wasted of downloading time. Man, I hate bittorrent. It's horrible when there isn't a lot of people downloading it.

 

Can I transpose music easily with the AH-D2000's? It's probably the best closed headphones I can get that's dynamic and has a good soundstage so that'll probably be the reference point here. For the question, just take it as if I have the best gear in the world, not some crappy back panel onboard audio connection.

I don't know anything about the second part of your question but i can help you with the first part

 

did you delete the 10 bit version yet? if you didn't great. reply back. your eyes are in for a treat. if you have!! noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

 

post #34 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't know anything about the second part of your question but i can help you with the first part

 

did you delete the 10 bit version yet? if you didn't great. reply back. your eyes are in for a treat. if you have!! noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

 



Sadly, yes. All VLC showed (well, this might have been Intel's problem since I'm not using anything dedicated or an APU) was a green screen. I only had the audio. I should have kept it though so other people could download it. I can download it again. I'll just do a direct one this time since Bittorrent takes forever.

 

About the second part. After I watched Angel Beats!, I fell in love with the music. I found PV6/Theme of SSS's sheet music and starting practicing it. Before that I use to hate practicing piano. It was nothing but a burden to me. Then for the first time when I was practicing PV6, I had fun. It was a beautiful piece and I finally saw how fun piano was. I have lots of free time so I can transpose the music and play it later.


Edited by HybridCore - 12/5/11 at 3:55am
post #35 of 169


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post





Sadly, yes. All VLC showed (well, this might have been Intel's problem since I'm not using anything dedicated or an APU) was a green screen. I only had the audio. I should have kept it though so other people could download it.



 

Getting it to play required lurking around a lot. But what it is is ur players problem. all current players are only 8bit. I can happily state that anime is starting the 10bit vdeo revolution. Google it and all u will see is anime. U needed a specific player package. At first u had to make it urself. U had to download two apurce packages from a website and compile it. Now u dont. Theres a codec pack out there called ccp player codec that works in conjunction with media player classic. Try it out. Download a 10 bit episode and watch it. All the artifacts from 8bit will be gone. Ill be home in 7hurs to check up on this. Im tryping on an iphone ever 3G right now. Horrendus!

post #36 of 169
8 bit is a codec issue actually. Get the latest version of cccp and bam, problem solved.
post #37 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

8 bit is a codec issue actually. Get the latest version of cccp and bam, problem solved.


 

 

ExacTly what i said

post #38 of 169
Yup smily_headphones1.gif
post #39 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Yup smily_headphones1.gif


I'm really loving 10 bit. lower file sizes, gpu acceleration :), quality as intended to be :) what else could you wnat!!?? and better yet. anime is spearheading the 10-bit mass use revolution :) Watching 8 bit 1080p releases with all the faulty artifacts and color....blends that happens sometimes makes my eyes hurt now :)

 

Add in the fact that FLAC muxing is also implementing strongly now! Awesomeness!! Anime is one of those things that is helping advance the internet speed of the world wide web by offering higher file size and more intellectually advanced file protocals for use :)

post #40 of 169
Thread Starter 

Ugh, I wouldn't be able to see the difference because of 1) the crappy TN panel on my laptop and 2) my GPU is too weak. Just intel integrated. It even sucks at playing 1080p. Part of the anime just turns green and then turns back to normal.

post #41 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Ugh, I wouldn't be able to see the difference because of 1) the crappy TN panel on my laptop and 2) my GPU is too weak. Just intel integrated. It even sucks at playing 1080p. Part of the anime just turns green and then turns back to normal.



If your video turns green when watching 10-bit video's you need CCCP video codec.

10-Bit Gpu acceleration may not benefit you then. And since your computer is also so..not that good. you will of course benefit greatly from a new Amplifier for your pod.

post #42 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



If your video turns green when watching 10-bit video's you need CCCP video codec.

10-Bit Gpu acceleration may not benefit you then. And since your computer is also so..not that good. you will of course benefit greatly from a new Amplifier for your pod.



No, not that. Just regular 1080p. Just happenes randomly. It's like part of the screen was devoured by some virus thingy. It goes away in a couple of seconds. The entire player screen just becomes green which can be fixed with the CCCP video codec.

 

Edit: I'm downloading the Hi10P again and now there's more people downloading it. Speeds shot up. :) I have Media Player Classic with madVR running. Will madVR work with VLC? You know what, ignore those questions. What's the best media player for audio and video?

 

The train has just derailed and exploded after rolling down what seemed to be an endless hill and being crushed by the rails, power, and the cement used as the foundation for the rails and power.


Edited by HybridCore - 12/5/11 at 4:29pm
post #43 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post



No, not that. Just regular 1080p. Just happenes randomly. It's like part of the screen was devoured by some virus thingy. It goes away in a couple of seconds. The entire player screen just becomes green which can be fixed with the CCCP video codec.

 

Edit: I'm downloading the Hi10P again and now there's more people downloading it. Speeds shot up. :) I have Media Player Classic with madVR running. Will madVR work with VLC? You know what, ignore those questions. What's the best media player for audio and video?

 

The train has just derailed and exploded after rolling down what seemed to be an endless hill and being crushed by the rails, power, and the cement used as the foundation for the rails and power.


i use a couple players reall. but nowadays.im relying on mcp player with 10bit support for most videos. VLC sometiems bc the userface is easier. vLC plays more audio files.....but why would u need vlc for that

 

post #44 of 169
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


i use a couple players reall. but nowadays.im relying on mcp player with 10bit support for most videos. VLC sometiems bc the userface is easier. vLC plays more audio files.....but why would u need vlc for that

 


 

As long as it supports FLAC and WAV we're all happy. :D

 

Okay, back to the headphones (and DAC/Amp or the two separate since I'm not getting anything in my other thread).

post #45 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post


 

As long as it supports FLAC and WAV we're all happy. :D

 

Okay, back to the headphones (and DAC/Amp or the two separate since I'm not getting anything in my other thread).


Sure back to whatever...now what were we on? HFI 580's FiiO E11's? E10's Denon AHD2000's? all fine

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Perfect $300-ish Headphones