- 8,626 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Dark Star finally arrived. The upgrades in detail, impact, imaging, and soundstaging are immediately apparent over the HA-160D, though both sound very good. The only limiting factor is that I'm using the DAC stage off the same 160D for both units until Anedio or Schiit release their best offerings. For anyone considering the pairing with the LCD-3, it's really impressive.
Exciting! Upgrade the DAC please!
Oh look, Anedio just announced the D2. Hmm...
In all seriousness, anyone considering the Dark Star should at least audition one, if possible; it's fantastic. Anyone near Osan AB in South Korea, you're welcome to hear mine :)
Edited by Thenarus - 1/13/12 at 9:04pm
Hey, I live in Seoul and Osan AB is not that far from where I live in Gangnam. if you don't mind could I come over and audition the Dark Star? My headphones are LCD-2 rev.2 by the way.
Jian should know that since he is also located in Hong Kong and has an ear909.
According to the Harmony Design homepage http://www.harmonydesign.se/eng/index.php?sid=6&usid=10 this is the dealer/distributor in Hong Kong:
Phone: (+852) 2869 4241
At least here in Sweden every order is a custom order, I got to pick the woods to be used and I also got custom XLR output loop connections(as pictured in the site...) for my active monitors, standard nowadays is balanced in + unbalanced in with a switch for differential mode or minus to ground. Inside ear909 is fully balanced all the way (with some special trick for the unbalanced phone output).
Hey there, I'm wondering, as my first amp for an LCD3, should I aim for a very neutral one like, say, the ALO Amphora which is insanely neutral sounding, or something like a good class A amp? I'm not a fan of tubes - at least not the ones available here... :)
Just putting it out there: the Violectric V200 is IMO (and in the opinion of two other Head-fi friends who have compared it against other amps) a serious non-starter with the LCD3. The 3 is sluggish, dull and lacking definition with the V200. While with a simple 2-board B22 it was far better.
Not knowing anything about electronics, I can't explain it, since the V200 is excellent with my LCD2.
If you have a V200 and have been disappointed with your new LCD3, I'd suggest giving other amps a try.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New member roll call 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › FS: AKG K553 (<10 hours) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 minutes ago
- › FOR SALE: Headstage Arrow 5TX (Enhanced Bass Boost) 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › Budget Portable Source Player 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2