- 8,613 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Dark Star finally arrived. The upgrades in detail, impact, imaging, and soundstaging are immediately apparent over the HA-160D, though both sound very good. The only limiting factor is that I'm using the DAC stage off the same 160D for both units until Anedio or Schiit release their best offerings. For anyone considering the pairing with the LCD-3, it's really impressive.
Exciting! Upgrade the DAC please!
Oh look, Anedio just announced the D2. Hmm...
In all seriousness, anyone considering the Dark Star should at least audition one, if possible; it's fantastic. Anyone near Osan AB in South Korea, you're welcome to hear mine :)
Edited by Thenarus - 1/13/12 at 9:04pm
Hey, I live in Seoul and Osan AB is not that far from where I live in Gangnam. if you don't mind could I come over and audition the Dark Star? My headphones are LCD-2 rev.2 by the way.
Jian should know that since he is also located in Hong Kong and has an ear909.
According to the Harmony Design homepage http://www.harmonydesign.se/eng/index.php?sid=6&usid=10 this is the dealer/distributor in Hong Kong:
Phone: (+852) 2869 4241
At least here in Sweden every order is a custom order, I got to pick the woods to be used and I also got custom XLR output loop connections(as pictured in the site...) for my active monitors, standard nowadays is balanced in + unbalanced in with a switch for differential mode or minus to ground. Inside ear909 is fully balanced all the way (with some special trick for the unbalanced phone output).
Hey there, I'm wondering, as my first amp for an LCD3, should I aim for a very neutral one like, say, the ALO Amphora which is insanely neutral sounding, or something like a good class A amp? I'm not a fan of tubes - at least not the ones available here... :)
Just putting it out there: the Violectric V200 is IMO (and in the opinion of two other Head-fi friends who have compared it against other amps) a serious non-starter with the LCD3. The 3 is sluggish, dull and lacking definition with the V200. While with a simple 2-board B22 it was far better.
Not knowing anything about electronics, I can't explain it, since the V200 is excellent with my LCD2.
If you have a V200 and have been disappointed with your new LCD3, I'd suggest giving other amps a try.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 8 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 8 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 10 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 10 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 11 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2