- 8,611 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 5/31/14 at 8:54pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 7post #91 of 11541/9/12 at 10:51pmGlad you like it Thenarus. It was my choice as well.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 11541/9/12 at 11:23pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Thenarus
The Dark Star finally arrived. The upgrades in detail, impact, imaging, and soundstaging are immediately apparent over the HA-160D, though both sound very good. The only limiting factor is that I'm using the DAC stage off the same 160D for both units until Anedio or Schiit release their best offerings. For anyone considering the pairing with the LCD-3, it's really impressive.
Exciting! Upgrade the DAC please!post #93 of 11541/13/12 at 9:00pm
Oh look, Anedio just announced the D2. Hmm...
In all seriousness, anyone considering the Dark Star should at least audition one, if possible; it's fantastic. Anyone near Osan AB in South Korea, you're welcome to hear mine :)
Edited by Thenarus - 1/13/12 at 9:04pmpost #94 of 11541/14/12 at 6:11am
Hey, I live in Seoul and Osan AB is not that far from where I live in Gangnam. if you don't mind could I come over and audition the Dark Star? My headphones are LCD-2 rev.2 by the way.
Quote:post #95 of 11541/14/12 at 5:44pmpost #96 of 11541/23/12 at 5:06ampost #97 of 11541/23/12 at 10:07ampost #98 of 11541/23/12 at 4:57pmpost #99 of 11541/24/12 at 12:04ampost #100 of 11541/24/12 at 5:41pm
Jian should know that since he is also located in Hong Kong and has an ear909.
According to the Harmony Design homepage http://www.harmonydesign.se/eng/index.php?sid=6&usid=10 this is the dealer/distributor in Hong Kong:Hong KongAudio physics12B, Grancastle Comm Centre2T Sai Yeung Choi Street SouthKowloon
Phone: (+852) 2869 4241
At least here in Sweden every order is a custom order, I got to pick the woods to be used and I also got custom XLR output loop connections(as pictured in the site...) for my active monitors, standard nowadays is balanced in + unbalanced in with a switch for differential mode or minus to ground. Inside ear909 is fully balanced all the way (with some special trick for the unbalanced phone output).post #101 of 11543/2/12 at 8:23pmpost #102 of 11543/18/12 at 2:48pm
Hey there, I'm wondering, as my first amp for an LCD3, should I aim for a very neutral one like, say, the ALO Amphora which is insanely neutral sounding, or something like a good class A amp? I'm not a fan of tubes - at least not the ones available here... :)post #103 of 11543/18/12 at 6:09pmThread StarterA decent class A ss amp would do just fine. I wouldn't recomand amphora though. I used it for my ED8, and it was perfect, but the battery powered amp is not sufficient enough for the LCD3s. My experience, the LCD3 is more demanding than T1.post #104 of 11543/25/12 at 9:34ampost #105 of 11545/5/12 at 10:08pm
Just putting it out there: the Violectric V200 is IMO (and in the opinion of two other Head-fi friends who have compared it against other amps) a serious non-starter with the LCD3. The 3 is sluggish, dull and lacking definition with the V200. While with a simple 2-board B22 it was far better.
Not knowing anything about electronics, I can't explain it, since the V200 is excellent with my LCD2.
If you have a V200 and have been disappointed with your new LCD3, I'd suggest giving other amps a try.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › AK120 or AK100ii 51 seconds ago
- › Re-Entry into the high end 52 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 3 minutes ago
- › New full-sized headphone to get the best out of my Fiio X1 ( and... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3