- 8,613 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 7post #91 of 11811/9/12 at 10:51pmGlad you like it Thenarus. It was my choice as well.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 11811/9/12 at 11:23pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Thenarus
The Dark Star finally arrived. The upgrades in detail, impact, imaging, and soundstaging are immediately apparent over the HA-160D, though both sound very good. The only limiting factor is that I'm using the DAC stage off the same 160D for both units until Anedio or Schiit release their best offerings. For anyone considering the pairing with the LCD-3, it's really impressive.
Exciting! Upgrade the DAC please!post #93 of 11811/13/12 at 9:00pm
Oh look, Anedio just announced the D2. Hmm...
In all seriousness, anyone considering the Dark Star should at least audition one, if possible; it's fantastic. Anyone near Osan AB in South Korea, you're welcome to hear mine :)
Edited by Thenarus - 1/13/12 at 9:04pmpost #94 of 11811/14/12 at 6:11am
Hey, I live in Seoul and Osan AB is not that far from where I live in Gangnam. if you don't mind could I come over and audition the Dark Star? My headphones are LCD-2 rev.2 by the way.
Quote:post #95 of 11811/14/12 at 5:44pmpost #96 of 11811/23/12 at 5:06ampost #97 of 11811/23/12 at 10:07ampost #98 of 11811/23/12 at 4:57pmpost #99 of 11811/24/12 at 12:04ampost #100 of 11811/24/12 at 5:41pm
Jian should know that since he is also located in Hong Kong and has an ear909.
According to the Harmony Design homepage http://www.harmonydesign.se/eng/index.php?sid=6&usid=10 this is the dealer/distributor in Hong Kong:Hong KongAudio physics12B, Grancastle Comm Centre2T Sai Yeung Choi Street SouthKowloon
Phone: (+852) 2869 4241
At least here in Sweden every order is a custom order, I got to pick the woods to be used and I also got custom XLR output loop connections(as pictured in the site...) for my active monitors, standard nowadays is balanced in + unbalanced in with a switch for differential mode or minus to ground. Inside ear909 is fully balanced all the way (with some special trick for the unbalanced phone output).post #101 of 11813/2/12 at 8:23pmpost #102 of 11813/18/12 at 2:48pm
Hey there, I'm wondering, as my first amp for an LCD3, should I aim for a very neutral one like, say, the ALO Amphora which is insanely neutral sounding, or something like a good class A amp? I'm not a fan of tubes - at least not the ones available here... :)post #103 of 11813/18/12 at 6:09pmThread StarterA decent class A ss amp would do just fine. I wouldn't recomand amphora though. I used it for my ED8, and it was perfect, but the battery powered amp is not sufficient enough for the LCD3s. My experience, the LCD3 is more demanding than T1.post #104 of 11813/25/12 at 9:34ampost #105 of 11815/5/12 at 10:08pm
Just putting it out there: the Violectric V200 is IMO (and in the opinion of two other Head-fi friends who have compared it against other amps) a serious non-starter with the LCD3. The 3 is sluggish, dull and lacking definition with the V200. While with a simple 2-board B22 it was far better.
Not knowing anything about electronics, I can't explain it, since the V200 is excellent with my LCD2.
If you have a V200 and have been disappointed with your new LCD3, I'd suggest giving other amps a try.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Objectivists board room 56 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 6 minutes ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 8 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2