- 8,613 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 6/29/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Dark Star finally arrived. The upgrades in detail, impact, imaging, and soundstaging are immediately apparent over the HA-160D, though both sound very good. The only limiting factor is that I'm using the DAC stage off the same 160D for both units until Anedio or Schiit release their best offerings. For anyone considering the pairing with the LCD-3, it's really impressive.
Exciting! Upgrade the DAC please!
Oh look, Anedio just announced the D2. Hmm...
In all seriousness, anyone considering the Dark Star should at least audition one, if possible; it's fantastic. Anyone near Osan AB in South Korea, you're welcome to hear mine :)
Edited by Thenarus - 1/13/12 at 9:04pm
Hey, I live in Seoul and Osan AB is not that far from where I live in Gangnam. if you don't mind could I come over and audition the Dark Star? My headphones are LCD-2 rev.2 by the way.
Jian should know that since he is also located in Hong Kong and has an ear909.
According to the Harmony Design homepage http://www.harmonydesign.se/eng/index.php?sid=6&usid=10 this is the dealer/distributor in Hong Kong:
Phone: (+852) 2869 4241
At least here in Sweden every order is a custom order, I got to pick the woods to be used and I also got custom XLR output loop connections(as pictured in the site...) for my active monitors, standard nowadays is balanced in + unbalanced in with a switch for differential mode or minus to ground. Inside ear909 is fully balanced all the way (with some special trick for the unbalanced phone output).
Hey there, I'm wondering, as my first amp for an LCD3, should I aim for a very neutral one like, say, the ALO Amphora which is insanely neutral sounding, or something like a good class A amp? I'm not a fan of tubes - at least not the ones available here... :)
Just putting it out there: the Violectric V200 is IMO (and in the opinion of two other Head-fi friends who have compared it against other amps) a serious non-starter with the LCD3. The 3 is sluggish, dull and lacking definition with the V200. While with a simple 2-board B22 it was far better.
Not knowing anything about electronics, I can't explain it, since the V200 is excellent with my LCD2.
If you have a V200 and have been disappointed with your new LCD3, I'd suggest giving other amps a try.
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 8 minutes ago
- › NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › LHLabs Geek Pulse X (LNIB) 12 minutes ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 13 minutes ago
- › What % of equipment reviews do you believe? 15 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)