GS-X mk2 sounds perfect with the LCD line. About the only others in the running for me are the Burson Soloist and Apex Peak. Nothing in my profile really came close. The Trafomatic was also awesome but clearly rolled in the sub bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you again Solude.
So kind of you answering me.
I'll do more research.
Oh, just in case, I listen to Rock (Mostly Indie), Heavy Metal (it does includes Thrash, Power and Progressive), Electronic (from House and Chill Out to Dubstep and Glitch Hop) and even some K-Pop songs.
In the moment, I do not listen to classical and acoustic music, maybe one or other, but not what I listen most.
I don't know if it means something while choosing an amp. Just saying.
Edited by HFoletto - 7/30/13 at 1:36pm
Sub-$1000 Amp/dac (don't need to be one complete device, can be dedicated amp and dac or a combination)? Dacmini (not sure whether the PX or the CX) sounds like the best bet to me so far
Mjolnir + Bifrost perhaps? And do i need the USB version of the bifrost anyway? Using a computer as a source
without the usb, how do i use it with a computer? That $1100 price is also glaring....
What other sub-$1000 amp/dac combos are out there for the LCD3?
At your price point your going to have to piece together something. Also try to get a V-link (converter) or something to to get USB out the computer.
Or to stay under $1K I'd say with Mjolnir and Modi for now until you can upgrade.
I still here good things about the DACmini, so what about that?
Maybe for an all in one or for a DAC. But I would guess the amp section can't touch the Mjonlir..
I think we've all heard soundcards by this point :P If you want to use an external soundcard at least go to the pro market, not the hype and casing route. Not bad for $200 but at $900? No, just no.
+ a resistor box that you could build yourself for ~$50 or buy from TBI for $100 gets you a sweet-sounding system for under $1K (at least until this weekend when the Emotiva sale is over).
I just did a comparison vs. MJ (check out the speaker amp thread) and while the Schiit was a detail monster, the TBI was almost as detailed and much better sounding.
And all of that equipment has a 30-day trial period, so if you don't like it, you send it back, no restocking fee, no questions asked.
Edited by Gary in MD - 7/31/13 at 7:28am
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread just now
- › The Stax Thread III 1 second ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 3 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG - K701 vs. Q701 3 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2