GS-X mk2 sounds perfect with the LCD line. About the only others in the running for me are the Burson Soloist and Apex Peak. Nothing in my profile really came close. The Trafomatic was also awesome but clearly rolled in the sub bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 45post #661 of 11817/30/13 at 12:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 11817/30/13 at 1:29pm
Thank you again Solude.
So kind of you answering me.
I'll do more research.
Oh, just in case, I listen to Rock (Mostly Indie), Heavy Metal (it does includes Thrash, Power and Progressive), Electronic (from House and Chill Out to Dubstep and Glitch Hop) and even some K-Pop songs.
In the moment, I do not listen to classical and acoustic music, maybe one or other, but not what I listen most.
I don't know if it means something while choosing an amp. Just saying.
Edited by HFoletto - 7/30/13 at 1:36pmpost #663 of 11817/30/13 at 2:27pmpost #664 of 11817/31/13 at 1:45am
Sub-$1000 Amp/dac (don't need to be one complete device, can be dedicated amp and dac or a combination)? Dacmini (not sure whether the PX or the CX) sounds like the best bet to me so farpost #665 of 11817/31/13 at 2:00ampost #666 of 11817/31/13 at 2:46ampost #667 of 11817/31/13 at 3:05am
Mjolnir + Bifrost perhaps? And do i need the USB version of the bifrost anyway? Using a computer as a sourcepost #668 of 11817/31/13 at 3:49ampost #669 of 11817/31/13 at 4:35am
without the usb, how do i use it with a computer? That $1100 price is also glaring....
What other sub-$1000 amp/dac combos are out there for the LCD3?post #670 of 11817/31/13 at 4:48amQuote:
At your price point your going to have to piece together something. Also try to get a V-link (converter) or something to to get USB out the computer.
Or to stay under $1K I'd say with Mjolnir and Modi for now until you can upgrade.post #671 of 11817/31/13 at 4:59amQuote:
I still here good things about the DACmini, so what about that?post #672 of 11817/31/13 at 5:40amQuote:
Maybe for an all in one or for a DAC. But I would guess the amp section can't touch the Mjonlir..post #673 of 11817/31/13 at 6:12ampost #674 of 11817/31/13 at 6:56am
I think we've all heard soundcards by this point :P If you want to use an external soundcard at least go to the pro market, not the hype and casing route. Not bad for $200 but at $900? No, just no.post #675 of 11817/31/13 at 7:26am
+ a resistor box that you could build yourself for ~$50 or buy from TBI for $100 gets you a sweet-sounding system for under $1K (at least until this weekend when the Emotiva sale is over).
I just did a comparison vs. MJ (check out the speaker amp thread) and while the Schiit was a detail monster, the TBI was almost as detailed and much better sounding.
And all of that equipment has a 30-day trial period, so if you don't like it, you send it back, no restocking fee, no questions asked.
Edited by Gary in MD - 7/31/13 at 7:28am
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)