GS-X mk2 sounds perfect with the LCD line. About the only others in the running for me are the Burson Soloist and Apex Peak. Nothing in my profile really came close. The Trafomatic was also awesome but clearly rolled in the sub bass.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
At first, I'm very thankful to FiiO for giving chance to use and review this great portable music player. I'm owner of the FiiO X3 1st, E3, E7 and E9, so I know how FiiO made great DAPs and...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 45post #661 of 11797/30/13 at 12:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 11797/30/13 at 1:29pm
Thank you again Solude.
So kind of you answering me.
I'll do more research.
Oh, just in case, I listen to Rock (Mostly Indie), Heavy Metal (it does includes Thrash, Power and Progressive), Electronic (from House and Chill Out to Dubstep and Glitch Hop) and even some K-Pop songs.
In the moment, I do not listen to classical and acoustic music, maybe one or other, but not what I listen most.
I don't know if it means something while choosing an amp. Just saying.
Edited by HFoletto - 7/30/13 at 1:36pmpost #663 of 11797/30/13 at 2:27pmpost #664 of 11797/31/13 at 1:45am
Sub-$1000 Amp/dac (don't need to be one complete device, can be dedicated amp and dac or a combination)? Dacmini (not sure whether the PX or the CX) sounds like the best bet to me so farpost #665 of 11797/31/13 at 2:00ampost #666 of 11797/31/13 at 2:46ampost #667 of 11797/31/13 at 3:05am
Mjolnir + Bifrost perhaps? And do i need the USB version of the bifrost anyway? Using a computer as a sourcepost #668 of 11797/31/13 at 3:49ampost #669 of 11797/31/13 at 4:35am
without the usb, how do i use it with a computer? That $1100 price is also glaring....
What other sub-$1000 amp/dac combos are out there for the LCD3?post #670 of 11797/31/13 at 4:48amQuote:
At your price point your going to have to piece together something. Also try to get a V-link (converter) or something to to get USB out the computer.
Or to stay under $1K I'd say with Mjolnir and Modi for now until you can upgrade.post #671 of 11797/31/13 at 4:59amQuote:
I still here good things about the DACmini, so what about that?post #672 of 11797/31/13 at 5:40amQuote:
Maybe for an all in one or for a DAC. But I would guess the amp section can't touch the Mjonlir..post #673 of 11797/31/13 at 6:12ampost #674 of 11797/31/13 at 6:56am
I think we've all heard soundcards by this point :P If you want to use an external soundcard at least go to the pro market, not the hype and casing route. Not bad for $200 but at $900? No, just no.post #675 of 11797/31/13 at 7:26am
+ a resistor box that you could build yourself for ~$50 or buy from TBI for $100 gets you a sweet-sounding system for under $1K (at least until this weekend when the Emotiva sale is over).
I just did a comparison vs. MJ (check out the speaker amp thread) and while the Schiit was a detail monster, the TBI was almost as detailed and much better sounding.
And all of that equipment has a 30-day trial period, so if you don't like it, you send it back, no restocking fee, no questions asked.
Edited by Gary in MD - 7/31/13 at 7:28am
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 9 seconds ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a DAC to replace Xonar Essence STX 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by MakeTotlDestroy
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by joku213
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2