Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 5

post #61 of 1047

Hello, LCD-3 fans,
to read it for me terribly that there are not enough fans of the combination "Leben CS300x" and LCD-3

I use of both devices and to me is absent the words around everything to describe.
The clarity and the understanding for the reproduction of music is simply inaccessible.
There "Cavalli LF" can answer only with raw strength without substance.
So clear Yes to "Leben CS300x".  [:~)

post #62 of 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by c12mech View Post

I may have missed it in this thread but has anyone heard these with a balanced Beta22?  This is what I'm planning to build in the next few months.  I had originally planned to buy LCD2's but have now decided on the 3's.  I'm a diyer by nature and the Beta is at the top of my short list for amps to build.  Just curious if it will be a good match.



If it helps, I own a balanced Beta22 and the LCD-2 rev2's....and they sound wonderful together. Make sure your front end is up to the task or you'll hear ALL its shortcomings.

post #63 of 1047

You guys have such high end amp, I've only got a schiit Lyrfrown.gif

post #64 of 1047

And do you have lcd-3?  If so, how does it sound?  I have the asguard and i am thinking about upgrading to the lyra when my lcd-3 comes.

post #65 of 1047


I'm still waiting for my LCD-3, I've ordered it in November, still waiting for it to come lol, now I only have my Lyr and JH 11. The shop offered to lend my the LCD-2 1st, I'll go collect it when I'm free, currently very busy now
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgajet View Post

And do you have lcd-3?  If so, how does it sound?  I have the asguard and i am thinking about upgrading to the lyra when my lcd-3 comes.



 

post #66 of 1047

The Lyr and the LCD's sound awesome together biggrin.gif

post #67 of 1047

Did you try it with the LCD-3 or LCD-2?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paganini Alfredo View Post

The Lyr and the LCD's sound awesome together biggrin.gif



 

post #68 of 1047

Both. The LCD-3s aren't any harder to drive than the 2s.

post #69 of 1047

Cheer up, Lyr may not be "the best" amp for the LCD-2/3 but it still is one of the best. When it comes to driving the LCD's it outperforms nearly all amps in the sub-$1,000 category and definitely rivals against many $1,000+ or even $2,000+ amps. Check out the Lyr tube rolling thread - with the right kind of tubes, you can transform the Lyr to an amp on a whole new level that evenly performs with amps nearly five times its price. I'm not kidding, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgajet View Post

And do you have lcd-3?  If so, how does it sound?  I have the asguard and i am thinking about upgrading to the lyra when my lcd-3 comes.



 

post #70 of 1047

The Lyr can be better than cavalli liquid fire????

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post

Cheer up, Lyr may not be "the best" amp for the LCD-2/3 but it still is one of the best. When it comes to driving the LCD's it outperforms nearly all amps in the sub-$1,000 category and definitely rivals against many $1,000+ or even $2,000+ amps. Check out the Lyr tube rolling thread - with the right kind of tubes, you can transform the Lyr to an amp on a whole new level that evenly performs with amps nearly five times its price. I'm not kidding, you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

 



 



 

post #71 of 1047

Learn to read, man. 

post #72 of 1047

I auditioned the Lyr... The Liquid Fire simply destroyed the Lyr hands down.  And after changing the tubes on the Liquid Fire to Telefunken CCa's, the LF is a perfect match with the LCD3. Make no mistake, I thought the Lyr was a decent amp - before I listened to the Liquid Fire. If you think the Siemens CCa's sound good on the Lyr, wait till you try a quad on the Liquid Fire.


Edited by googleli - 12/29/11 at 8:16am
post #73 of 1047

Would I sound presumptuous if I chalked up your comment of Cavalli LF + LCD-3 as not having substance to poor command of English?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironear View Post

Hello, LCD-3 fans,
to read it for me terribly that there are not enough fans of the combination "Leben CS300x" and LCD-3

I use of both devices and to me is absent the words around everything to describe.
The clarity and the understanding for the reproduction of music is simply inaccessible.
There "Cavalli LF" can answer only with raw strength without substance.
So clear Yes to "Leben CS300x".  [:~)



 


Edited by mwilson - 12/29/11 at 9:01am
post #74 of 1047

My command of English is probably not much better than ironear, but I can vouch for him. The Liquid Fire definitely has more "meat" than the Leben, with better sub-bass and an effortless midrange which is very good in its own right. For female vocal with acoustic music background (e.g. Diana Krall) and JazzI still prefer the Leben with my vintage Amperex and Mullard tubes. However I don't think the Liquid Fire only has "raw power" - after burning in for 150 hours (as suggested by Alex in the manual), it sounds like  its name - "Liquid Fire" - powerful but with a tad of tube smoothness without which the amp may sound a bit harsh with the LCD3. I certainly prefer the Liquid Fire for pop music.  

post #75 of 1047

Yea I guess I've got to save up for the Liquid fire. Right now have to just make do with my schiit lyrfrown.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleli View Post

I auditioned the Lyr... The Liquid Fire simply destroyed the Lyr hands down.  And after changing the tubes on the Liquid Fire to Telefunken CCa's, the LF is a perfect match with the LCD3. Make no mistake, I thought the Lyr was a decent amp - before I listened to the Liquid Fire. If you think the Siemens CCa's sound good on the Lyr, wait till you try a quad on the Liquid Fire.



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3