Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 39

post #571 of 1013

Holy moly! That was one proper desktop! Congrats. beerchug.gif

post #572 of 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

Holy moly! That was one proper desktop! Congrats. beerchug.gif

Well, you deserve a whole bunch of the credit. !!!!  

 

Oh, by the way,speaking of credit  where do I send the Credit Card statement for you to pay, when it comes in?  tongue.gif

post #573 of 1013

blink.gif Let us not dwell on such mundane issues brother! LOL

post #574 of 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post

blink.gif Let us not dwell on such mundane issues brother! LOL

LOL......

 

Well, here are my first impressions (from my post on the LCD3 appreciation thread). I can tell ya now its worth every shekel IMO

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


Cool, you'll have to let us know what you think.

 

Alrighty then, this is after two hours. My music has never sounded better. The sound is more: deeper, clearer, separated, with more bass punch and more bass notes heard. Vocals are sweet, the harmonizing of multiple voices singing is stronger, with longer decay.

 

Coming tomorrow are Whiplash hybrid V3 balanced cables. I am traveling and may not get to listen with them till next week. :(

And if the cables are not enough, I will be returning with a Mullard CV2492.

 

Wow......better equipment = better sound P E R I O D  

 

LOL, Like you all did not know that already.

post #575 of 1013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

 I can tell ya now its worth every shekel IMO

 

Great stuff sara! Can't wait to get reports after the burn in, when this is the feeling before even that. You are the lucky islander! o2smile.gif

post #576 of 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiCKed666 View Post


What about the RSA DarkStar? Have you tried it?

Nope...not really interested to either. Sorry...

post #577 of 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

LOL......

 

Well, here are my first impressions (from my post on the LCD3 appreciation thread). I can tell ya now its worth every shekel IMO

 

 

 

Alrighty then, this is after two hours. My music has never sounded better. The sound is more: deeper, clearer, separated, with more bass punch and more bass notes heard. Vocals are sweet, the harmonizing of multiple voices singing is stronger, with longer decay.

 

Coming tomorrow are Whiplash hybrid V3 balanced cables. I am traveling and may not get to listen with them till next week. :(

And if the cables are not enough, I will be returning with a Mullard CV2492.

 

Wow......better equipment = better sound P E R I O D  

 

LOL, Like you all did not know that already.

That's great. Enjoy!

post #578 of 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post


Here are two outputs one XLR 4-pin and one single ended. Is this what you mean minus the single?





Yes that was that. Sorry for this english...
post #579 of 1013

Has anyone tried out Decware's new Zen Taboo MK III? It looks like it was designed specifically for the LCD-2/3. It has two lucid modes (old and new) that supposedly makes the sound more holographic, and offers fully balanced outputs. Can't comment on sound as I've never heard it, but it surely looks gorgeous for a $1.5K amp.

 

http://www.decware.com/newsite/TABOO.htm

post #580 of 1013
It's only just been released. Frank I has one of the first if not the first production units. He expects to deliver his review in 4-5 weeks. LCD 2 and 3 are included.

The previous model taboo is superb with my LCD 2.1 - but of course that's a different beast from the lcd3.
post #581 of 1013

Does anyone know any amps for ~$1000 that have a crossfeed filter and would work well with the lcd3s?

I don't know too much about crossfeed but it sounds like an interesting feature. 


Edited by MightyChimp - 3/11/13 at 4:08pm
post #582 of 1013
Meier Corda Classic - about $700 straight from Jan Meier. Google for link. Some find it a very good match with LCD3 (I can't comment - haven't moved to the 3 yet). There's a thread about this amp on head-fi.
post #583 of 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyChimp View Post

Does anyone know any amps for ~$1000 that have a crossfeed filter and would work well with the lcd3s?

I don't know too much about crossfeed but it sounds like an interesting feature. 

 

I had the Meier Corda Classic precursor, Meier Concerto.  I thought the LCD3 sounded excellent w/ it.

 

You can also occassionally find a used taboo for a lil more than $1000, w/ its lucid mode.

post #584 of 1013

Hi

 

I got my LCD3s about a month ago (without an audition). At first i must admit that i wasnt overawed but now i am really pleased with them. They are suprisingly comfortable and provide that slightly dark sound that i was after, also good bass and definition. I use either a corda classic or a WA22 and both sound excellent. I also have Beyer T1s which are an awesome allrounder imo. Source is either Moon 300d Dac or Musical fidelity M6cd player.

 

I'd like to upgrade my amp but not sure what to get.......budget probably 3-4k. I listen to mainly metal and prog. No chance of auditioning high end headamps in perth unfortunately.

 

Any recommendations?...i dont have a real preference for SS v Tube

 

cheers

post #585 of 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsydian View Post

Hi

 

I got my LCD3s about a month ago (without an audition). At first i must admit that i wasnt overawed but now i am really pleased with them. They are suprisingly comfortable and provide that slightly dark sound that i was after, also good bass and definition. I use either a corda classic or a WA22 and both sound excellent. I also have Beyer T1s which are an awesome allrounder imo. Source is either Moon 300d Dac or Musical fidelity M6cd player.

 

I'd like to upgrade my amp but not sure what to get.......budget probably 3-4k. I listen to mainly metal and prog. No chance of auditioning high end headamps in perth unfortunately.

 

Any recommendations?...i dont have a real preference for SS v Tube

 

cheers

 

For that budget, maybe this

 

http://www.dnaudio.com/DNA-Stratus-2A3-headphone-amplifier.html

 

I've listened at my friend and it is amazing with LCDs and also TH900.

 

On other note, isn't WA22 supposed to be very good with LCDs and T1 (might need tube roll)?


Edited by jsgraha - 4/6/13 at 11:16pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3