I originally had the Moon SilverDragon but have since moved to Q and never looked back.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 12/3/14 at 6:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 31post #451 of 11762/18/13 at 4:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 11762/18/13 at 4:59pmpost #453 of 11762/18/13 at 5:54pmpost #454 of 11762/18/13 at 6:12pm
I think you should generally stay away from silver.
The red or brown silk from Q is extremely nice. The brown has a really nice elegance look to it,
kind of rich like chocolate, however the red pops really vibrantly.
If you go the vegan route get the brown without question.post #455 of 11762/18/13 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Maxvla
No, I mean those technological benefits are still present in the BHA-1. I forgot where the post was that talked about it, though.
edit: Here is what I found in my search, but I remember a series of posts discussing the topic.
edit #2: OK found it. It starts here and goes on for... a while..
Thank you, Maxvla. I did read the second, apparently longer thread-discussion on this topic that you linked. And while it remains true that the BHA-1 does indeed convert to single-ended signal processing internally, it may be that Bryston had a sincere belief that this was advantageous, both technically and for their consumers. As one or two posters pointed out, while the BHA-1 is not a true, balanced differential amplifier (ala MJ), nor is it a balanced via bridged mono amps design (Gilmore GS-X, Beta 22), it may well deliver the benefits of common mode noise rejection at the inputs to a number of users/systems that defeat a true differential's advantages due to component incompatibility or parts mismatches. Thanks again.post #456 of 11762/19/13 at 5:14amQuote:
These both have differential inputs. Don't kid yourself Bryston and other companies do this to save money.post #457 of 11762/19/13 at 5:32amQuote:
I dont really understand how the B22 can have a differential input, each board gets its own phase of the signal...theres nothing to take a difference of, nor is there any noise to get rid of since it doesnt have the other phase to reference right?post #458 of 11762/19/13 at 6:53am
To quote the HeadWize write up...
Stage 1 is a dual FET fully-differential fully-balanced front-end. The idling current is 2mA total per dual FET (1mA per FET) and 4mA for the complete front-end stage which consists of both dual FETs. The dual FETs generate the bias which runs the second stage, and keeps it and the resulting output section in class A at all times.post #459 of 11762/19/13 at 11:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
To quote the HeadWize write up...
Stage 1 is a dual FET fully-differential fully-balanced front-end. The idling current is 2mA total per dual FET (1mA per FET) and 4mA for the complete front-end stage which consists of both dual FETs. The dual FETs generate the bias which runs the second stage, and keeps it and the resulting output section in class A at all times.
LOL..........over my head unfortunately.post #460 of 11762/19/13 at 5:47pmQuote:
Interesting once again. I did the opposite. I actually still have both so when I'm not so lazy I'll try and compare them.
I sort of felt that the Q was warmer in the bass and upper highs but actually more prominent in the upper mids,
while the Silver Dragon has extended pristine but not warm upper highs and that no area is emphasized (or de-emphasized),
and the bass is extremely solid and transparent, which is just what the doctor ordered for Audezes.
Edited by rgs9200m - 2/19/13 at 5:54pmpost #461 of 11762/19/13 at 6:26pm
I found the SD grainy in comparison. But I also think cable differences are minor and more about ensuring full potential than tuning while also making wearing headphones less cumbersome. The Q just disappears while the Moon style of cables are less ergo than the stock they replace. Well ignoring the Rev1 speaker cable ;)
Edited by Solude - 2/19/13 at 6:30pmpost #462 of 11762/20/13 at 6:29ampost #463 of 11762/20/13 at 9:43ampost #464 of 11762/20/13 at 10:43ampost #465 of 11762/20/13 at 10:46am
Thanks a lot for the input guys.
I will be getting my LCD 3 tomorrow. Can't wait.
My system is Anedio D2 dac + Woo 6SE which I doubt is gonna be powerful enough to drive LCD 3. (LCD 2 doesn't sing well with WOO 6SE IMO, it seems to smoothen out everything leading to a slightly sloppy bass, no tube helps)
So far under $1500, BHA-1 and Mjolnir sound like winners? Has anyone heard of the sound signature of Anedio D2 dac? It's extremely neutral to my ears. Both ends extends very very far. So which one between BHA-1 and Mjolnir is a better call here? I got a feeling it's BHA-1, since Mjolnir is "a bit too exciting"? if I understand it correctly. So pairing it with a flat DAC might be"dry" for me?
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 17 seconds ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 1 minute ago
- › Best (allrounder) Headphones for ~200€ (First Purchase) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble 4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › On Ear Headphones for 100$ 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Place to listen to free, higher quality music 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2