Yes, I have the Cary SLI-80. Works wonderful with anything, also the LCD-3
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 9post #121 of 11817/7/12 at 3:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 11817/7/12 at 3:08ampost #123 of 11817/9/12 at 1:15pm
After a lot of experimenting and listening, I really like the match of my LCD3 and my RSA B-52 amp (all Tung Sol tubes). The highs are not peaky on CD, the bass is deep and big and warm, and the mids are silky and liquid and realistic. The high impedance of the Audezes is also a good fit for B-52.post #124 of 11817/15/12 at 7:05pmpost #125 of 11817/16/12 at 6:39am
My B22 is a good all rounder with the LCD-3 but I think I might be favouring the Peak despite it having modest power and poor case quality. Super tight tube socket and flimsy top case is just a bad combo ;)post #126 of 11818/7/12 at 7:36pmpost #127 of 11818/7/12 at 8:50pmpost #128 of 11818/8/12 at 5:20am
My 5692 came in for the Peak oh boy. Its a very nice tube and so quiet. I've ordered the Mjolnir and despite a not so friendly shape for a desktop setup, we'll see how it is for the LCD-3. Not soon though, won't ship for a while and then expect nearly two week ship time.post #129 of 11818/8/12 at 6:46amQuote:
Really looking forward to your comparisons of the Mjolnir and the Peak. Too bad you've already sold your B22, would love to hear your opinion against that as well.post #130 of 11818/8/12 at 7:22ampost #131 of 11818/8/12 at 1:47pmQuote:
It's perfectly shaped for a monitor stand, if I get it I will build a small wooden shelf over it and put my monitor on top.
Edited by grokit - 8/8/12 at 2:30pmpost #132 of 11818/8/12 at 1:54pm
Almost. Another inch and it would cover my entire monitor base ;) I've been looking for a ~52" long, 16" deep, 8" tall watchamecallit but no luck. Then I could put my gear under, tube gear would be a problem, and monitor and speakers up top. Or two smaller ones so I can keep my screen at a reasonable height.post #133 of 11818/8/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
Wise man say: bad handwriting better than good memory.post #134 of 11818/12/12 at 6:46pm
I am thinking about getting a WA22 or at least going for a trial with it and my lcd3...
It seems like most of head-fi agrees that ortho's benefit from tons of power. The WA22 "only" puts out ~1.5 watts at 50 ohms, should I be concerned? Especially when I can get a Mjolnir that puts out 5 watts.
The other question I have is, can I use the WA22 as a preamp for a speaker amplifier? Or is that a terrible idea...post #135 of 11818/12/12 at 7:00pm
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 16 seconds ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 26 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones 300-450$ 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › WTB Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2