Yes, I have the Cary SLI-80. Works wonderful with anything, also the LCD-3
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 5/14/15 at 8:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp Last post on 2/27/15 at 8:12am in High-end Audio Forum
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After a lot of experimenting and listening, I really like the match of my LCD3 and my RSA B-52 amp (all Tung Sol tubes). The highs are not peaky on CD, the bass is deep and big and warm, and the mids are silky and liquid and realistic. The high impedance of the Audezes is also a good fit for B-52.
My B22 is a good all rounder with the LCD-3 but I think I might be favouring the Peak despite it having modest power and poor case quality. Super tight tube socket and flimsy top case is just a bad combo ;)
My 5692 came in for the Peak oh boy. Its a very nice tube and so quiet. I've ordered the Mjolnir and despite a not so friendly shape for a desktop setup, we'll see how it is for the LCD-3. Not soon though, won't ship for a while and then expect nearly two week ship time.
Really looking forward to your comparisons of the Mjolnir and the Peak. Too bad you've already sold your B22, would love to hear your opinion against that as well.
It's perfectly shaped for a monitor stand, if I get it I will build a small wooden shelf over it and put my monitor on top.
Edited by grokit - 8/8/12 at 2:30pm
Almost. Another inch and it would cover my entire monitor base ;) I've been looking for a ~52" long, 16" deep, 8" tall watchamecallit but no luck. Then I could put my gear under, tube gear would be a problem, and monitor and speakers up top. Or two smaller ones so I can keep my screen at a reasonable height.
Wise man say: bad handwriting better than good memory.
I am thinking about getting a WA22 or at least going for a trial with it and my lcd3...
It seems like most of head-fi agrees that ortho's benefit from tons of power. The WA22 "only" puts out ~1.5 watts at 50 ohms, should I be concerned? Especially when I can get a Mjolnir that puts out 5 watts.
The other question I have is, can I use the WA22 as a preamp for a speaker amplifier? Or is that a terrible idea...
- Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 44 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › This maybe stretching it, but, headphones on this budget.. 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Gaming and Surrou...errrr...positional... 7 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 11 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 12 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2