Unbelievable! This guide is a work of art. thanks so much for putting it together
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quality cables with in-line microphone? Any ideas? Last post on 7/28/11 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anything better than silver bullets for under 100$? Last post on 9/29/10 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide! - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
There are certainly some things to fix in the guide (and we will fix 'em early next week), but I don't think that photo is one of them:
Sony MDR-V6 (below):
Sony MDR-V600 (below):
Here's the original, full-size version of the photo I used in the guide (below, and click to make it larger):
The same thing you probably noticed (and that also confused me at first glance with the above photo) is the way the earpad on the right-side earpiece seems to be more rounded on its rear-facing side.
Here's another photo of the MDR-V600, that shows its shape to be more consistent with the way the above photo looks (below):
Again, I did a double-take when I first saw it, too.
Great guide, Jude!
For someone reading/enjoying the guide carefully, they should be able to find something they are looking for in their price bracket/sound preference.
Nice presentation, level of description, categorization.
Back to the guide now...
Good catch, that is the wrong photo (which I didn't notice until you mentioned it). We'll fix that, too. Thanks for the heads-up.
@Jude, why were the Shure SE425's showcased when the SE535's are the flashship and better IMO? Have you not had time, personally, to listen to them in depth and recommend them? Also shouldn't the LCD-2's be before the LCD-3's? Just my opinion, and good job on your first gift guide!
- Check Out Head-Fi's Fall 2011 Holiday Gift Guide!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Analogsurviver cage match! 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Choosing head-fi Akg k550 or Sennheiser HD 439 3 minutes ago
- › The Mi Headphones by Xiaomi (Lively Discussions starting Page 7) 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 5 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 8 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 9 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2