I do not believe you can turn it off. Upsampling is a Cambridge company focus. They have developed their own chip and algorithms for it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCambridge Audiotagged by System, 6/13/12
- productCambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plustagged by System, 6/13/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/13/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productYulong D100tagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yulong d100 II vs GF Tube DAC-11 vs Audio-GD NFB 10.2 vs Schiit bifrost Last post on 10/10/13 at 5:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Bifrost or DACMagic Plus? Last post on 1/20/14 at 6:35am in Dedicated Source Components
- Emotiva XDA-1 24/192 Balanced DAC/Digital Preamp for $250 (clearance) Last post on 12/31/12 at 11:47am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help finding DAC for Stax Lambda Pro Last post on 8/24/12 at 11:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
DACMagic Plus Impressions - Page 20post #286 of 3167/5/13 at 9:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 3167/5/13 at 11:56pmpost #288 of 3167/6/13 at 6:38ampost #289 of 3167/25/13 at 10:42am
Hello Head-Fi, my first post. :) Just replaced my Audiolab M-DAC with Dacmagic Plus and I like it! Very enjoyable sound with the 192khz oversampling and my Sennheiser HD 600s. XLR outputs are also perfect for my Genelec 8020b desktop studio monitors. This one may be a keeper...
post #290 of 3167/25/13 at 6:26pmpost #291 of 3168/17/13 at 5:05am
What default format for sample rate and bit depth are you using in Windows 7? I might not be 100% correct here but since the DM+ upsamples everything it gets, it might not be a good idea to force Win7 to upsample as well. I used to have 24bit & 96KHz setting in Win7 but I have now dropped it to 24bit & 44,1KHz. Interested to hear what others are using and why?post #292 of 3168/19/13 at 1:15pm
Is there a big difference between the DACMagic Plus and its older version "DACMagic" ?
It looks like they use the same DAC chip and obviously the DACMagic Plus has a built in amp as well but any other differences in sound quality when being used as just a DAC?post #293 of 3168/19/13 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Soundwave76
What default format for sample rate and bit depth are you using in Windows 7? I might not be 100% correct here but since the DM+ upsamples everything it gets, it might not be a good idea to force Win7 to upsample as well. I used to have 24bit & 96KHz setting in Win7 but I have now dropped it to 24bit & 44,1KHz. Interested to hear what others are using and why?
I am using 24/96hz I think I saw in Win7 in the place where you set it, that it suggested that if your hardware supported it. No other reason really.
Edited by HPiper - 8/19/13 at 6:14pmpost #294 of 3168/19/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
You got me... I don't see anything else to separate it from what you pointed out.
Also can this DAC compete against the Peachtree DAC-ITx and the Schiit Bifrost Uber? From what I've read I would lean toward no and give the lead to the two I mentioned.post #295 of 3168/31/13 at 9:52am
I don't know how this works. I've no axe to grind. I don't have any of this equipment. I read these forums to understand more about audio equipment. I have joined this particular forum as I can't believe how someone can get away with such negative comments about a product - Gwarmi and DacMagic Plus - unbelievable. If I was Cambridge Audio I'd be suing.post #296 of 3169/1/13 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by CDPlayer
Does anybody's DMP exhibit the following problem: when turned on, the "Incoming Sample Rate" LED doesn't come on? I have to turn it off and on a few times until the LED comes on. I'm powering the DMP while not connected to the laptop. If I connect DMP to the laptop when the LED hasn't come up, there's no sound.
DMP is in USB2 mode, I'm feeding it from an Apple laptop.
I too have this problem, my iMac is always on but occasionaly when I turn on the DMP there's no sound, like you I have to turn it off again! I've had mine for nearly 2 years and never had this problem at first! This is the first time I've noticed someone else having that problem. My theory is that it is an Apple problem since Ive tried it when I boot into Windows 7 and it works every time!post #297 of 3169/3/13 at 6:14ampost #298 of 3169/3/13 at 6:44am
I would simply look at the specs of both DACs and chose the better in terms of functionalities that matter to you. Soundwise both are quality DACs / amps so no major differences there. CAs filters might be a plus to you to play around and tweak the sound. (I personally here no differences with the different filters)post #299 of 3169/3/13 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Soundwave76
I would simply look at the specs of both DACs and chose the better in terms of functionalities that matter to you. Soundwise both are quality DACs / amps so no major differences there. CAs filters might be a plus to you to play around and tweak the sound. (I personally here no differences with the different filters)
Well, it looks like the Essence One has better specs, but I have no idea how important this is compared to quality of components/filters/other things I don't know about that have to do with sound reproduction etc.post #300 of 3169/25/13 at 6:51pm
He guys, been following the website for some time and over the last year I've been inspired to upgrade from my ipod\ sure in-ear headphones to better equipment and I'm in need of some help.
Headphones: Beyerdynamics dt800 at 600 ohm and audiotechnica a900x at 250hm
Headphone amps: Xonar stx and my new dacmagic plus (picked it up on sale for 499)
Sound is great with DM+ but I don't find I have sufficient volume with beyers (comfortable volume with good tracks but not loud enough with quiet tracks).
With xonar card I can change settings to specify 600 ohm headphones and volume is great but cant find a way to do the same with DM+ (DM+ 100% = Xonar 50%)
Sent email to CA, was told no way of adjusting and am seriously considering a return and exchange (essence one\ HDP\ XPA-2)
Is there something I'm missing\ settings in windows\ driver\...
Thanks in advance
- DACMagic Plus Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Best version of Superlux HD-681 12 seconds ago
- › Entreq Challenger 2010 Audeze Balanced Headphone Cable 42 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Beats Studio Wireless vs Beats Pro 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude