I do not believe you can turn it off. Upsampling is a Cambridge company focus. They have developed their own chip and algorithms for it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCambridge Audiotagged by System, 6/13/12
- productCambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plustagged by System, 6/13/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/13/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 6/13/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 6/13/12
- productYulong D100tagged by System, 6/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yulong d100 II vs GF Tube DAC-11 vs Audio-GD NFB 10.2 vs Schiit bifrost Last post on 10/10/13 at 5:20pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Bifrost or DACMagic Plus? Last post on 5/21/14 at 6:24am in Dedicated Source Components
- Emotiva XDA-1 24/192 Balanced DAC/Digital Preamp for $250 (clearance) Last post on 12/31/12 at 11:47am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help finding DAC for Stax Lambda Pro Last post on 8/24/12 at 11:27pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Asgard + Which DAC? Need advice on decent pairing Last post on 8/22/12 at 3:28pm in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
DACMagic Plus Impressions - Page 20post #286 of 3897/5/13 at 9:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 3897/5/13 at 11:56pmpost #288 of 3897/6/13 at 6:38ampost #289 of 3897/25/13 at 10:42am
Hello Head-Fi, my first post. :) Just replaced my Audiolab M-DAC with Dacmagic Plus and I like it! Very enjoyable sound with the 192khz oversampling and my Sennheiser HD 600s. XLR outputs are also perfect for my Genelec 8020b desktop studio monitors. This one may be a keeper...
post #290 of 3897/25/13 at 6:26pmpost #291 of 3898/17/13 at 5:05am
What default format for sample rate and bit depth are you using in Windows 7? I might not be 100% correct here but since the DM+ upsamples everything it gets, it might not be a good idea to force Win7 to upsample as well. I used to have 24bit & 96KHz setting in Win7 but I have now dropped it to 24bit & 44,1KHz. Interested to hear what others are using and why?post #292 of 3898/19/13 at 1:15pm
Is there a big difference between the DACMagic Plus and its older version "DACMagic" ?
It looks like they use the same DAC chip and obviously the DACMagic Plus has a built in amp as well but any other differences in sound quality when being used as just a DAC?post #293 of 3898/19/13 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Soundwave76
What default format for sample rate and bit depth are you using in Windows 7? I might not be 100% correct here but since the DM+ upsamples everything it gets, it might not be a good idea to force Win7 to upsample as well. I used to have 24bit & 96KHz setting in Win7 but I have now dropped it to 24bit & 44,1KHz. Interested to hear what others are using and why?
I am using 24/96hz I think I saw in Win7 in the place where you set it, that it suggested that if your hardware supported it. No other reason really.
Edited by HPiper - 8/19/13 at 6:14pmpost #294 of 3898/19/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
You got me... I don't see anything else to separate it from what you pointed out.
Also can this DAC compete against the Peachtree DAC-ITx and the Schiit Bifrost Uber? From what I've read I would lean toward no and give the lead to the two I mentioned.post #295 of 3898/31/13 at 9:52am
I don't know how this works. I've no axe to grind. I don't have any of this equipment. I read these forums to understand more about audio equipment. I have joined this particular forum as I can't believe how someone can get away with such negative comments about a product - Gwarmi and DacMagic Plus - unbelievable. If I was Cambridge Audio I'd be suing.post #296 of 3899/1/13 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by CDPlayer
Does anybody's DMP exhibit the following problem: when turned on, the "Incoming Sample Rate" LED doesn't come on? I have to turn it off and on a few times until the LED comes on. I'm powering the DMP while not connected to the laptop. If I connect DMP to the laptop when the LED hasn't come up, there's no sound.
DMP is in USB2 mode, I'm feeding it from an Apple laptop.
I too have this problem, my iMac is always on but occasionaly when I turn on the DMP there's no sound, like you I have to turn it off again! I've had mine for nearly 2 years and never had this problem at first! This is the first time I've noticed someone else having that problem. My theory is that it is an Apple problem since Ive tried it when I boot into Windows 7 and it works every time!post #297 of 3899/3/13 at 6:14ampost #298 of 3899/3/13 at 6:44am
I would simply look at the specs of both DACs and chose the better in terms of functionalities that matter to you. Soundwise both are quality DACs / amps so no major differences there. CAs filters might be a plus to you to play around and tweak the sound. (I personally here no differences with the different filters)post #299 of 3899/3/13 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Soundwave76
I would simply look at the specs of both DACs and chose the better in terms of functionalities that matter to you. Soundwise both are quality DACs / amps so no major differences there. CAs filters might be a plus to you to play around and tweak the sound. (I personally here no differences with the different filters)
Well, it looks like the Essence One has better specs, but I have no idea how important this is compared to quality of components/filters/other things I don't know about that have to do with sound reproduction etc.post #300 of 3899/25/13 at 6:51pm
He guys, been following the website for some time and over the last year I've been inspired to upgrade from my ipod\ sure in-ear headphones to better equipment and I'm in need of some help.
Headphones: Beyerdynamics dt800 at 600 ohm and audiotechnica a900x at 250hm
Headphone amps: Xonar stx and my new dacmagic plus (picked it up on sale for 499)
Sound is great with DM+ but I don't find I have sufficient volume with beyers (comfortable volume with good tracks but not loud enough with quiet tracks).
With xonar card I can change settings to specify 600 ohm headphones and volume is great but cant find a way to do the same with DM+ (DM+ 100% = Xonar 50%)
Sent email to CA, was told no way of adjusting and am seriously considering a return and exchange (essence one\ HDP\ XPA-2)
Is there something I'm missing\ settings in windows\ driver\...
Thanks in advance
- DACMagic Plus Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Need a smart / wise advice 3 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 1 minute ago
- › Some questions from a ATH-A900X user 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on my E17 1 minute ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear