New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Brainwavz M4 - Page 3

post #31 of 154
Thread Starter 

Audible differences are around 2-3dB though which is actually a much larger difference from 1dB than the numbers would have you believe. I loved my CC51 but ultimately I found I couldn't listen to them for rock music as the vocals were just too distant.

post #32 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



Hm...  I actually went ahead and ABed them before and found that the midrange on the M4s was only about 2-3 dB higher than the midrange on the CC51s.  The difference is really small in the midrange, even with the bass bleeding into the midrange with the CC51s.  I just ABed them again...  CC51s using stock small silicone tips, the M4s using small clone Sony Hybrid tips (not the Brainwavz Silicone since I wasn't sent small silicones).



that could be true as i have never actually used the M4s i just find the midrange on the cc51s to be really recessed and an afterthought

post #33 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqueh View Post



that could be true as i have never actually used the M4s i just find the midrange on the cc51s to be really recessed and an afterthought



The CC51s midrange is recessed, a little more than the M4s, but the M4s still have a recessed midrange.

post #34 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



The CC51s midrange is recessed, a little more than the M4s, but the M4s still have a recessed midrange.


yeah, i think next time i will read the whole conversation you guys were having instead of jumping in and causing waves of confusion :P

 

post #35 of 154

I received my M4 from German distributor Headsound a few days ago, and have been listening with them for a few hours.
All I can say is: WOW, I am loving those! I would even go so far as to say the M4 will replace my UE700 Dual BAs. Without having AB'd them I can still say that I am missing nothing in details and clarity - but oh boy, have I gained in Bass! The lows have fantastic quantity and especially quality to them, they don't bleed over into the mid range - now I know what I've been missing :-D

I have been trying different tips and like the small silicones best so far - although I have yet to try small comply tips which are meant to sound quite good as well. The larger Complies that came with the M4 bloat the sound somewhat to my ears, plus they are really hard to get on and off - to the point that I fear I might break the headphones like that one day.

Anyway, fantastic headphones for an amazing price. For those still doubting: If you like a bright sound with ample amounts of bass, I highly recommend thy M4. I have been listening to all kinds of music, from Rock (my first reference piece is always the beginning of "The End" by Kings of Leon - the high hats are crystal clear and detailed, and the bass guitar has just the right amount of punch to it when it sets in. Passed with flying colors!) all the way to Drum&Bass, House, Hip Hop... The M4 do everything so well I have a hard time taking them off. Right now the track "Macrotus" from the Batman Begins Soundtrack is sending shivers down my spine. D@mn!

 

post #36 of 154


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



The CC51s midrange is recessed, a little more than the M4s, but the M4s still have a recessed midrange.



So tinyman..would you recommend the CC51 or the M4s for electro/rap music?

 

Thanks

post #37 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart222 View Post
So tinyman..would you recommend the CC51 or the M4s for electro/rap music?

 

Thanks


 

Using the smallest tips abated the bass quantity in CC51. Sounds relatively neutral and I am liking it now despite the recessed midrange. Midrange is smooth as butter.

 

Listening to Interlace, The Crystal Method and The Prodigy is fun but the sound is a lot more smoother in presentation and the details are just amazing. Though if you like an aggressive presentation then it is not the one for you


Edited by psygeist - 12/26/11 at 3:51am
post #38 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart222 View Post


 



So tinyman..would you recommend the CC51 or the M4s for electro/rap music?

 

Thanks


You can't go wrong either way...  If you have no other music (like rock, classical, or alternative), the CC51s would technically be the better choice.  However, you plan on exploring or listening to anything else, I would go M4. 

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psygeist View Post


 

Using the smallest tips abated the bass quantity in CC51. Sounds relatively neutral and I am liking it now despite the recessed midrange. Midrange is smooth as butter.

 

Listening to Interlace, The Crystal Method and The Prodigy is fun but the sound is a lot more smoother in presentation and the details are just amazing. Though if you like an aggressive presentation then it is not the one for you


I found the recessed mid-range too much with the CC51.  The M4s help out a bit, but still not entirely enough.

 

 

post #39 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


I found the recessed mid-range too much with the CC51.  The M4s help out a bit, but still not entirely enough.

 

 


With the medium sized tips I found the bass to be predominant and in comparison midrange felt much more recessed. But a few days back used the smallest tips, now the bass is settled down to an acceptable degree and in a good way. Midrange and detailing is comparatively much better now. In fact, I am enjoying them so much now that ordered two more sets from MEElec.

 

Before that I was almost disliking the sound of these.

 

 

post #40 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by psygeist View Post


With the medium sized tips I found the bass to be predominant and in comparison midrange felt much more recessed. But a few days back used the smallest tips, now the bass is settled down to an acceptable degree and in a good way. Midrange and detailing is comparatively much better now. In fact, I am enjoying them so much now that ordered two more sets from MEElec.

 

Before that I was almost disliking the sound of these.

 

 



REmember, when you increase the mids and decrease the bass, the seal can actually prove to be worse...  Just FYI.  Also, with burn in, the V does get better, but still slightly more recessed than the M4s.

post #41 of 154

Would you recommend the M4's over the Klipsch s4's?

post #42 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

REmember, when you increase the mids and decrease the bass, the seal can actually prove to be worse...  Just FYI.  Also, with burn in, the V does get better, but still slightly more recessed than the M4s.


 

 

Fit is still good enough, more deeper now (had to clean up ear wax). What I am missing now is the reverberation at the low end, which was quite annoying and off putting with the thick medium tips.

 

I'd see where I can get a M4 just for the comparison sake.

post #43 of 154

You' ve got me really interested in those headphones... I'm looking for a replacement for my K370's and was almost decided on Fischer Eternas, but M4's seem to be an awesome choice.. what to do now... total dilemma... m4 or eternas... I'm confused confused.gif

 

How do M4 fare in classic music? Because apart from rock music i do like listening to soundtracks and classic, I wouldn't like to be dissapointed there.


Edited by The_pGo - 12/27/11 at 4:54pm
post #44 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_pGo View Post

You' ve got me really interested in those headphones... I'm looking for a replacement for my K370's and was almost decided on Fischer Eternas, but M4's seem to be an awesome choice.. what to do now... total dilemma... m4 or eternas... I'm confused confused.gif

 

How do M4 fare in classic music? Because apart from rock music i do like listening to soundtracks and classic, I wouldn't like to be dissapointed there.



Slightly recessed mids don't make them too suitable for classical.

post #45 of 154
Damm I'm stuck on getting this and the meelec m11p+. Now I've read a couple of reviews I'm leaning towards the m4 but only downfall is there are no double or triple flangers tips/ear buds. Has anyone managed to buy a set of multiple flangers that work with the m4?

Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: