- 3,619 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 40post #586 of 144611/14/12 at 2:15pmIf it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.post #587 of 144611/15/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by catscratch
If it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.
Yeah. *sigh*post #588 of 144611/15/12 at 5:04ampost #589 of 144611/15/12 at 5:14ampost #590 of 144611/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #591 of 144611/26/12 at 8:02pmpost #592 of 144611/26/12 at 8:31pm
In case anybody is looking for a deal on these, Amazon and WWS are both below $600... I finally broke down and forked over $577 to WWS... I'll report back when I have had a chance to give a good listen...post #593 of 144611/26/12 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the heads up, Gary. Just ordered it.
Side question: what is the best way to order a spare extension cable (to do a Koss-Stax adapter)? It does not show up on the accessories page on the Koss web site, should I just call their customer service?post #594 of 144611/27/12 at 2:46pmpost #595 of 144611/27/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Sorry for the ignorance, what is WWS? I cannot order from Amazon so this may be an alternative for me.post #596 of 144611/27/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
It's just a 3rd party seller in the Amazon marketplace options. They only had 6 sets left and they sold out however, and the main Amazon price went back up.post #597 of 144611/27/12 at 9:58pm
Just to complete the response to Chodi, WWS is World-Wide Stereo... which doesn't necessarily mean that they ship world-wide, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. They are also sellers on Buy.com.
The price at Amazon and WWS went back up... for now... but if history (via the Camel) repeats itself, the after X-mas price will drop below $600 again, maybe even below $550... or not, depending on sales between now and then, and the magic workings of the pricing algorithms.post #598 of 144611/27/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
I haven't done it (don't even have the cans yet) but further back in the thread somebody indicated that Koss will sell you one for a relatively small sum if you call them. Just hope you get a nice CS rep, not a mean one... apparently they have some of the latter, though I called them a few months back and the guy I talked to was both nice and helpful.
Good luck!post #599 of 144611/28/12 at 2:07amThread StarterQuote:
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.post #600 of 144611/28/12 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by milosz
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.
They also list email-
Outside USA and Canada Email:
From experience, they won't sell it via e-mail; when I e-mailed to ask for one, they just sent me an e-mail with their 1-800 number and said to give them a call.
They're very nice on the phone though! Your pricing sounds about right (no Koss accessories that I'm aware of are very expensive).
As far as the sound-stage question - I haven't heard HE-500, but I think the ESP/950 are pretty good in regards to staging. But they certainly aren't a "big sky" kind of presentation - think medium sized. It's pretty near perfect for most videogames and music imho, but a bit lacking for movies and some very large-scale musical productions.
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)! 28 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Jual Kitchen Set Bekas 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › DAC/amps with independent headphone and analog output levels? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)