- 3,618 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
I bought these after someone described them as his "desert island headphones" in the annual Head-Fi Gift Guide about 2 years ago. I was looking for something to wear at my desk in an open office...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 40post #586 of 141811/14/12 at 2:15pmIf it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 141811/15/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by catscratch
If it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.
Yeah. *sigh*post #588 of 141811/15/12 at 5:04ampost #589 of 141811/15/12 at 5:14ampost #590 of 141811/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #591 of 141811/26/12 at 8:02pmpost #592 of 141811/26/12 at 8:31pm
In case anybody is looking for a deal on these, Amazon and WWS are both below $600... I finally broke down and forked over $577 to WWS... I'll report back when I have had a chance to give a good listen...post #593 of 141811/26/12 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the heads up, Gary. Just ordered it.
Side question: what is the best way to order a spare extension cable (to do a Koss-Stax adapter)? It does not show up on the accessories page on the Koss web site, should I just call their customer service?post #594 of 141811/27/12 at 2:46pmpost #595 of 141811/27/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Sorry for the ignorance, what is WWS? I cannot order from Amazon so this may be an alternative for me.post #596 of 141811/27/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
It's just a 3rd party seller in the Amazon marketplace options. They only had 6 sets left and they sold out however, and the main Amazon price went back up.post #597 of 141811/27/12 at 9:58pm
Just to complete the response to Chodi, WWS is World-Wide Stereo... which doesn't necessarily mean that they ship world-wide, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. They are also sellers on Buy.com.
The price at Amazon and WWS went back up... for now... but if history (via the Camel) repeats itself, the after X-mas price will drop below $600 again, maybe even below $550... or not, depending on sales between now and then, and the magic workings of the pricing algorithms.post #598 of 141811/27/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
I haven't done it (don't even have the cans yet) but further back in the thread somebody indicated that Koss will sell you one for a relatively small sum if you call them. Just hope you get a nice CS rep, not a mean one... apparently they have some of the latter, though I called them a few months back and the guy I talked to was both nice and helpful.
Good luck!post #599 of 141811/28/12 at 2:07amThread StarterQuote:
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.post #600 of 141811/28/12 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by milosz
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.
They also list email-
Outside USA and Canada Email:
From experience, they won't sell it via e-mail; when I e-mailed to ask for one, they just sent me an e-mail with their 1-800 number and said to give them a call.
They're very nice on the phone though! Your pricing sounds about right (no Koss accessories that I'm aware of are very expensive).
As far as the sound-stage question - I haven't heard HE-500, but I think the ESP/950 are pretty good in regards to staging. But they certainly aren't a "big sky" kind of presentation - think medium sized. It's pretty near perfect for most videogames and music imho, but a bit lacking for movies and some very large-scale musical productions.
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › V Moda Crossfade M100 questions. 1 second ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-580 w/600 Grilles, 650 Cable + Aftermarket Cable. 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)