- 3,627 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the portable...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 40post #586 of 192711/14/12 at 2:15pmIf it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.post #587 of 192711/15/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by catscratch
If it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.
Yeah. *sigh*post #588 of 192711/15/12 at 5:04ampost #589 of 192711/15/12 at 5:14ampost #590 of 192711/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #591 of 192711/26/12 at 8:02pmpost #592 of 192711/26/12 at 8:31pm
In case anybody is looking for a deal on these, Amazon and WWS are both below $600... I finally broke down and forked over $577 to WWS... I'll report back when I have had a chance to give a good listen...post #593 of 192711/26/12 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the heads up, Gary. Just ordered it.
Side question: what is the best way to order a spare extension cable (to do a Koss-Stax adapter)? It does not show up on the accessories page on the Koss web site, should I just call their customer service?post #594 of 192711/27/12 at 2:46pmpost #595 of 192711/27/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Sorry for the ignorance, what is WWS? I cannot order from Amazon so this may be an alternative for me.post #596 of 192711/27/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
It's just a 3rd party seller in the Amazon marketplace options. They only had 6 sets left and they sold out however, and the main Amazon price went back up.post #597 of 192711/27/12 at 9:58pm
Just to complete the response to Chodi, WWS is World-Wide Stereo... which doesn't necessarily mean that they ship world-wide, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. They are also sellers on Buy.com.
The price at Amazon and WWS went back up... for now... but if history (via the Camel) repeats itself, the after X-mas price will drop below $600 again, maybe even below $550... or not, depending on sales between now and then, and the magic workings of the pricing algorithms.post #598 of 192711/27/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
I haven't done it (don't even have the cans yet) but further back in the thread somebody indicated that Koss will sell you one for a relatively small sum if you call them. Just hope you get a nice CS rep, not a mean one... apparently they have some of the latter, though I called them a few months back and the guy I talked to was both nice and helpful.
Good luck!post #599 of 192711/28/12 at 2:07amThread StarterQuote:
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.post #600 of 192711/28/12 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by milosz
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.
They also list email-
Outside USA and Canada Email:
From experience, they won't sell it via e-mail; when I e-mailed to ask for one, they just sent me an e-mail with their 1-800 number and said to give them a call.
They're very nice on the phone though! Your pricing sounds about right (no Koss accessories that I'm aware of are very expensive).
As far as the sound-stage question - I haven't heard HE-500, but I think the ESP/950 are pretty good in regards to staging. But they certainly aren't a "big sky" kind of presentation - think medium sized. It's pretty near perfect for most videogames and music imho, but a bit lacking for movies and some very large-scale musical productions.
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee Limited Edition (EU) 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 5 minutes ago
- › Jazz fusion recommendations... 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2