- 3,627 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 40post #586 of 199111/14/12 at 2:15pmIf it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.post #587 of 199111/15/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by catscratch
If it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.
Yeah. *sigh*post #588 of 199111/15/12 at 5:04ampost #589 of 199111/15/12 at 5:14ampost #590 of 199111/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #591 of 199111/26/12 at 8:02pmpost #592 of 199111/26/12 at 8:31pm
In case anybody is looking for a deal on these, Amazon and WWS are both below $600... I finally broke down and forked over $577 to WWS... I'll report back when I have had a chance to give a good listen...post #593 of 199111/26/12 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the heads up, Gary. Just ordered it.
Side question: what is the best way to order a spare extension cable (to do a Koss-Stax adapter)? It does not show up on the accessories page on the Koss web site, should I just call their customer service?post #594 of 199111/27/12 at 2:46pmpost #595 of 199111/27/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Sorry for the ignorance, what is WWS? I cannot order from Amazon so this may be an alternative for me.post #596 of 199111/27/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
It's just a 3rd party seller in the Amazon marketplace options. They only had 6 sets left and they sold out however, and the main Amazon price went back up.post #597 of 199111/27/12 at 9:58pm
Just to complete the response to Chodi, WWS is World-Wide Stereo... which doesn't necessarily mean that they ship world-wide, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. They are also sellers on Buy.com.
The price at Amazon and WWS went back up... for now... but if history (via the Camel) repeats itself, the after X-mas price will drop below $600 again, maybe even below $550... or not, depending on sales between now and then, and the magic workings of the pricing algorithms.post #598 of 199111/27/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
I haven't done it (don't even have the cans yet) but further back in the thread somebody indicated that Koss will sell you one for a relatively small sum if you call them. Just hope you get a nice CS rep, not a mean one... apparently they have some of the latter, though I called them a few months back and the guy I talked to was both nice and helpful.
Good luck!post #599 of 199111/28/12 at 2:07amThread StarterQuote:
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.post #600 of 199111/28/12 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by milosz
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.
They also list email-
Outside USA and Canada Email:
From experience, they won't sell it via e-mail; when I e-mailed to ask for one, they just sent me an e-mail with their 1-800 number and said to give them a call.
They're very nice on the phone though! Your pricing sounds about right (no Koss accessories that I'm aware of are very expensive).
As far as the sound-stage question - I haven't heard HE-500, but I think the ESP/950 are pretty good in regards to staging. But they certainly aren't a "big sky" kind of presentation - think medium sized. It's pretty near perfect for most videogames and music imho, but a bit lacking for movies and some very large-scale musical productions.
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Grado e Series 30 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 59 seconds ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 1 minute ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › AT CKS77 or Yamaha EPH-100 or something else 3 minutes ago
- › Should I buy the Philips SHP9500 for $120, wait, or get another... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2