- 3,644 Posts. Joined 9/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 40post #586 of 254511/14/12 at 2:15pmIf it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 254511/15/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by catscratch
If it's anything like the old SR-001/003, the cable is detachable, and you can just buy a stationary (SR-003) or portable cable instead of making some hackjob adapters. The cable connectors are a bit fragile though, so you kinda have to be careful if you intend to swap them often.
Yeah. *sigh*post #588 of 254511/15/12 at 5:04ampost #589 of 254511/15/12 at 5:14ampost #590 of 254511/26/12 at 5:17pmpost #591 of 254511/26/12 at 8:02pmpost #592 of 254511/26/12 at 8:31pm
In case anybody is looking for a deal on these, Amazon and WWS are both below $600... I finally broke down and forked over $577 to WWS... I'll report back when I have had a chance to give a good listen...post #593 of 254511/26/12 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the heads up, Gary. Just ordered it.
Side question: what is the best way to order a spare extension cable (to do a Koss-Stax adapter)? It does not show up on the accessories page on the Koss web site, should I just call their customer service?post #594 of 254511/27/12 at 2:46pmpost #595 of 254511/27/12 at 9:06pmQuote:
Sorry for the ignorance, what is WWS? I cannot order from Amazon so this may be an alternative for me.post #596 of 254511/27/12 at 9:16pmQuote:
It's just a 3rd party seller in the Amazon marketplace options. They only had 6 sets left and they sold out however, and the main Amazon price went back up.post #597 of 254511/27/12 at 9:58pm
Just to complete the response to Chodi, WWS is World-Wide Stereo... which doesn't necessarily mean that they ship world-wide, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. They are also sellers on Buy.com.
The price at Amazon and WWS went back up... for now... but if history (via the Camel) repeats itself, the after X-mas price will drop below $600 again, maybe even below $550... or not, depending on sales between now and then, and the magic workings of the pricing algorithms.post #598 of 254511/27/12 at 10:01pmQuote:
I haven't done it (don't even have the cans yet) but further back in the thread somebody indicated that Koss will sell you one for a relatively small sum if you call them. Just hope you get a nice CS rep, not a mean one... apparently they have some of the latter, though I called them a few months back and the guy I talked to was both nice and helpful.
Good luck!post #599 of 254511/28/12 at 2:07amThread StarterQuote:
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.post #600 of 254511/28/12 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by milosz
Call up Koss 1-800-872-5677), I got an extension cable from them, they were very nice. I think it was $12 including shipping in the USA. Maybe it was $18, I don't recall.
They also list email-
Outside USA and Canada Email:
From experience, they won't sell it via e-mail; when I e-mailed to ask for one, they just sent me an e-mail with their 1-800 number and said to give them a call.
They're very nice on the phone though! Your pricing sounds about right (no Koss accessories that I'm aware of are very expensive).
As far as the sound-stage question - I haven't heard HE-500, but I think the ESP/950 are pretty good in regards to staging. But they certainly aren't a "big sky" kind of presentation - think medium sized. It's pretty near perfect for most videogames and music imho, but a bit lacking for movies and some very large-scale musical productions.
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › JD's Headfi Blowout: Cans, Amps, & DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear