Where'd you get those pins?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 95post #1411 of 14216/22/14 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 14216/23/14 at 4:06am
from an idea by chinsettawong.
I trashed 2 x neutrik male gold xlr's.
which makes the piece above about $20 so far
plus the machined cap
they are exactly the correct size, 3/32 inch
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/23/14 at 4:08ampost #1413 of 14216/23/14 at 10:49am
So the question becomes where can you source freestanding 3/32" gold pins of the right length so you don't have to go through the expense and effort of buying and pulling apart Neutrik male gold xlrs, which sounds overly expensive, time-consuming and a general pain. Neutrik must be getting them from somewhere. I bet they'd tell you if you ask nicely.post #1414 of 14216/23/14 at 2:03pm
well these guys
but they cost more than buying the neutrik connectors and they don't have the umbrella flair that keeps them
in the hole. The pins come out in seconds with an appropriately drilled piece of aluminum and a small bench
Its not about cost, its about having the perfect connector.
you should know that this is the way I do things.
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/23/14 at 2:04pmpost #1415 of 14216/23/14 at 6:57pmpost #1416 of 14216/23/14 at 9:16pm
Well Kevin, I get that you're not concerned about cost, and the Ladd pins don't work right so they're not a practical option. And it still must be a pain to pull the Neutriks apart. What about my second approach, asking Neutrik where they source their pins? It's not like you're competing with them--you're clearly not planning on mass producing XLRs.post #1417 of 14216/24/14 at 2:35ampost #1418 of 14217/3/14 at 9:40pm
Anybody interested in a pair of ESP-950s with maybe 100 hours on them and no issues last time I tried them (7 months ago) for $600 shipped anywhere in the continental US should PM me. I like them, but prefer my LCDs, and need the cash to feed my other habit -- orchard equipment. Any of you who think this hobby is expensive should be thankful you're not into Italian orchard equipment... (why yes, I DO need a $60,000 tractor...I think... ). The Koss won't buy me much more than a small part of a side-shifting mower or airblast sprayer, but every little bit will help at this point.
I'll be putting a post up in the FS section over the weekend, but figured I'd give the aficionados a shot first.post #1419 of 14219/25/14 at 8:40ampost #1420 of 14219/25/14 at 11:02am
This is copied from the Koss website. Follow these instructions and you will nave no problem. I have been through the process and it's painless. The whole service process took about 2 to 3 weeks.
After you mail everything, give them a PHONE CALL and verify that your part has been received:
Warranty or Repair within the United States
Once you have completed registration, you may send your warranty items to our Corporation and we will repair or replace them in accordance Limited Warranty.
Our address is:
Attn: Warranty Return
4129 N. Port Washington Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53212
You may also visit our Milwaukee location if you are from the area.
$9.00 for the return shipping and handling per stereophone (money order, cashier's check, or personal check: payable to Koss Stereophones), a note describing the failure, as well as your contact information: name, return shipping address, phone number and email.
We recommend that you ship your items to Koss so your shipment is trackable. Please keep your tracking information on file. We will ship out warranty replacements within 72 hours of the product being processed via standard US mail or via UPS. Please allow 10-14 days for shipment delivery.
If you would like to check the status of your warranty, please call Koss Consumer Sales at 1-800-USA-KOSS.
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 28 seconds ago
- › Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Sound Fair 2014 Jakarta Indonesia impression and report on... 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)