Where'd you get those pins?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 95post #1411 of 14406/22/14 at 10:24pmpost #1412 of 14406/23/14 at 4:06am
from an idea by chinsettawong.
I trashed 2 x neutrik male gold xlr's.
which makes the piece above about $20 so far
plus the machined cap
they are exactly the correct size, 3/32 inch
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/23/14 at 4:08ampost #1413 of 14406/23/14 at 10:49am
So the question becomes where can you source freestanding 3/32" gold pins of the right length so you don't have to go through the expense and effort of buying and pulling apart Neutrik male gold xlrs, which sounds overly expensive, time-consuming and a general pain. Neutrik must be getting them from somewhere. I bet they'd tell you if you ask nicely.post #1414 of 14406/23/14 at 2:03pm
well these guys
but they cost more than buying the neutrik connectors and they don't have the umbrella flair that keeps them
in the hole. The pins come out in seconds with an appropriately drilled piece of aluminum and a small bench
Its not about cost, its about having the perfect connector.
you should know that this is the way I do things.
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/23/14 at 2:04pmpost #1415 of 14406/23/14 at 6:57pmpost #1416 of 14406/23/14 at 9:16pm
Well Kevin, I get that you're not concerned about cost, and the Ladd pins don't work right so they're not a practical option. And it still must be a pain to pull the Neutriks apart. What about my second approach, asking Neutrik where they source their pins? It's not like you're competing with them--you're clearly not planning on mass producing XLRs.post #1417 of 14406/24/14 at 2:35ampost #1418 of 14407/3/14 at 9:40pm
Anybody interested in a pair of ESP-950s with maybe 100 hours on them and no issues last time I tried them (7 months ago) for $600 shipped anywhere in the continental US should PM me. I like them, but prefer my LCDs, and need the cash to feed my other habit -- orchard equipment. Any of you who think this hobby is expensive should be thankful you're not into Italian orchard equipment... (why yes, I DO need a $60,000 tractor...I think... ). The Koss won't buy me much more than a small part of a side-shifting mower or airblast sprayer, but every little bit will help at this point.
I'll be putting a post up in the FS section over the weekend, but figured I'd give the aficionados a shot first.post #1419 of 14409/25/14 at 8:40ampost #1420 of 14409/25/14 at 11:02am
This is copied from the Koss website. Follow these instructions and you will nave no problem. I have been through the process and it's painless. The whole service process took about 2 to 3 weeks.
After you mail everything, give them a PHONE CALL and verify that your part has been received:
Warranty or Repair within the United States
Once you have completed registration, you may send your warranty items to our Corporation and we will repair or replace them in accordance Limited Warranty.
Our address is:
Attn: Warranty Return
4129 N. Port Washington Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53212
You may also visit our Milwaukee location if you are from the area.
$9.00 for the return shipping and handling per stereophone (money order, cashier's check, or personal check: payable to Koss Stereophones), a note describing the failure, as well as your contact information: name, return shipping address, phone number and email.
We recommend that you ship your items to Koss so your shipment is trackable. Please keep your tracking information on file. We will ship out warranty replacements within 72 hours of the product being processed via standard US mail or via UPS. Please allow 10-14 days for shipment delivery.
If you would like to check the status of your warranty, please call Koss Consumer Sales at 1-800-USA-KOSS.post #1421 of 14409/25/14 at 11:48ampost #1422 of 144010/2/14 at 8:15pm
I just got my Koss 950's back and they look like they're brand new. They did some reconditioning and changed the serial number. These babys sound pretty awesome, even with the stock amp. I've finally found a replacement for my beloved AKG K340's!post #1423 of 144010/3/14 at 9:23am
A word about the infamous squeal. I've had my 950s since 1992, and the squeal has finally reared its ugly head for the first time in all those years. There have been some suggestions here that it occurs due to dust inside the mechanism. So I took a can of Dust-Off compressed air and sprayed it into the perfed metal that sits on the outside of the ear cups. Sure enough, the squeal went away, headphones sound just like they did before.post #1424 of 144010/4/14 at 7:12ampost #1425 of 144010/4/14 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kokomo O
A word about the infamous squeal. I've had my 950s since 1992, and the squeal has finally reared its ugly head for the first time in all those years. There have been some suggestions here that it occurs due to dust inside the mechanism. So I took a can of Dust-Off compressed air and sprayed it into the perfed metal that sits on the outside of the ear cups. Sure enough, the squeal went away, headphones sound just like they did before.
Every Koss 950 I've either owned or heard ..
All, at some time "squeal" ..
Welcome to the club.
They are briliant sounding headphones, though and perhaps that's why folk still buy them.
But the squeal is an issue. For sure ...
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 3 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 12 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)