Where'd you get those pins?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 95post #1411 of 14186/22/14 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1412 of 14186/23/14 at 4:06am
from an idea by chinsettawong.
I trashed 2 x neutrik male gold xlr's.
which makes the piece above about $20 so far
plus the machined cap
they are exactly the correct size, 3/32 inch
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/23/14 at 4:08ampost #1413 of 14186/23/14 at 10:49am
So the question becomes where can you source freestanding 3/32" gold pins of the right length so you don't have to go through the expense and effort of buying and pulling apart Neutrik male gold xlrs, which sounds overly expensive, time-consuming and a general pain. Neutrik must be getting them from somewhere. I bet they'd tell you if you ask nicely.post #1414 of 14186/23/14 at 2:03pm
well these guys
but they cost more than buying the neutrik connectors and they don't have the umbrella flair that keeps them
in the hole. The pins come out in seconds with an appropriately drilled piece of aluminum and a small bench
Its not about cost, its about having the perfect connector.
you should know that this is the way I do things.
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/23/14 at 2:04pmpost #1415 of 14186/23/14 at 6:57pmpost #1416 of 14186/23/14 at 9:16pm
Well Kevin, I get that you're not concerned about cost, and the Ladd pins don't work right so they're not a practical option. And it still must be a pain to pull the Neutriks apart. What about my second approach, asking Neutrik where they source their pins? It's not like you're competing with them--you're clearly not planning on mass producing XLRs.post #1417 of 14186/24/14 at 2:35ampost #1418 of 14187/3/14 at 9:40pm
Anybody interested in a pair of ESP-950s with maybe 100 hours on them and no issues last time I tried them (7 months ago) for $600 shipped anywhere in the continental US should PM me. I like them, but prefer my LCDs, and need the cash to feed my other habit -- orchard equipment. Any of you who think this hobby is expensive should be thankful you're not into Italian orchard equipment... (why yes, I DO need a $60,000 tractor...I think... ). The Koss won't buy me much more than a small part of a side-shifting mower or airblast sprayer, but every little bit will help at this point.
I'll be putting a post up in the FS section over the weekend, but figured I'd give the aficionados a shot first.
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 51 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › In-ears for under or upto $50 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)