Scarce information on them also.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 73post #1081 of 23238/12/13 at 10:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 23238/13/13 at 12:20amQuote:Originally Posted by MadMoxxi
Ha! I took an LCD2 onto a plane once and had to explain why it was locked in a "suspicious" looking box. A young kid was screaming and crying his eyes out for the first 20 minutes of the flight and his parents refused to try to hush him up. I had a big smile on my face after I put my LCD2's on and listened to some tunes. Laughed hard when that family looked over to me after three straight hours of dubstep leaking out into the plane from my headphones, then tried to complain that my music was too loud. Great flight.
I hate people who dont bother trying to control their children during flights even more than the people with obnoxious manners (e.g. loud talking, dont know how to eat properly, dont bathe, recline their chair inappropriately, etc)post #1083 of 23238/13/13 at 12:24am
While screaming children that kick the back of your chair is annoying on a flight, I think blasting your music is even ruder since you can easily control the volume level. Not only that, you're making yourself deaf and looking like a retard since you're using open-back headphones in an airplane for gawd's sake.post #1084 of 23238/13/13 at 12:49ampost #1085 of 23238/13/13 at 1:03ampost #1086 of 23238/13/13 at 6:33am
Kids are not MP3 players, you can't just press stop and they will stop screaming. Sometimes intervening while they are losing it will only make the situation worse.
Different kids behave differently, some kids will shut up when you tell them to, some will just scream louder and longer. I give the parents the benefit of the doubt in how they know best to deal with their children. And if they are some crazy beatniks who refuse to discipline their children, it will just come back and bite them worse than the kids annoy you on a flight.post #1087 of 23238/13/13 at 7:07ampost #1088 of 23238/13/13 at 7:47am
Well, I have to say I don't have too much experience outside of my core set of phones, but the ESP-950 are really a fantastic deal. I am looking to upgrade the amp to a reasonably priced Stax amp, then mod the extension cord, but those Stax amps are just too pricey for me at the moment.
Compared the the Magnums, the ESP-950 are much smoother, cleaner, and darker. The Magnums are fun, punchier, but are not as detailed and resolved. Both are open sounding phones.
Compared to the modded T50-RP, the ESP-950s are cleaner, not as dark (more sparkle up top as well), sound stage is more opened and more real, quite a bit more details (the T50-RP and the Magnums are about even). The T50-RPs are just more liquid, just a very warm sounding phone.
As for the W3, which I find to be the least sounding of the bunch, the ESP-950 just have it beat in everything, except, of course, portability. Don't get me wrong, the W3 is a great IEM, especially with the current used prices, but it just isn't comparable to full-sized cans that are deemed to be one of the better values.
Now that you mentioned it, it seems like I have an electrostatic, an ortho, a dynamic, and an armature. I think I have all the major head/earphone technologies.post #1089 of 23238/13/13 at 8:20ampost #1090 of 23238/14/13 at 10:00amFor those who has HD800 and ESP-950 and use them for movie watching. For vocals only, which one has the clearest (not only by boosting treble like my SR-60) articulation?
Fyi, HD800 is my benchmark for clearest sounding vocal for movies right now, followed by HD650, SA3000 and AD2000 about on par, but target slightly different frequency to achieve vocal clarity.post #1091 of 23238/16/13 at 9:26ampost #1092 of 23238/16/13 at 5:26pm
I bought an ESP-950 last night. $730 + taxes, which doesn't exactly seem cheap, but it's the lowest I have found, and can't find the mythical $650 price tag. They had two in stock last night, and when I woke up this morning they were all gone.
My other choice was a Beyer T5p, I hope the ESP-950 is really as good as they say!
Edited by Audioscope - 8/16/13 at 5:28pmpost #1093 of 23238/16/13 at 5:51pmpost #1094 of 23238/16/13 at 5:58pm
Bought from Amazon Canada. They only had two at $730 so I jumped on it!
Of course, we Canadians pay lots of tax, so it works out to be $820 after tax.
If you track down the store that is selling it on Amazon, you'll realize that they have it cheaper on their website if you include a coupon code. About $810.
Edited by Audioscope - 8/16/13 at 6:00pm
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › GR07 Bass Eds right earphone dead, help with ffix or replacement... just now
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 49 seconds ago
- › Article: Please Stop "Burning In" Your Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › Newbie here, posting my first... Had it with most forums. Thought... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear