Scarce information on them also.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 73post #1081 of 13108/12/13 at 10:24pmpost #1082 of 13108/13/13 at 12:20amQuote:Originally Posted by MadMoxxi
Ha! I took an LCD2 onto a plane once and had to explain why it was locked in a "suspicious" looking box. A young kid was screaming and crying his eyes out for the first 20 minutes of the flight and his parents refused to try to hush him up. I had a big smile on my face after I put my LCD2's on and listened to some tunes. Laughed hard when that family looked over to me after three straight hours of dubstep leaking out into the plane from my headphones, then tried to complain that my music was too loud. Great flight.
I hate people who dont bother trying to control their children during flights even more than the people with obnoxious manners (e.g. loud talking, dont know how to eat properly, dont bathe, recline their chair inappropriately, etc)post #1083 of 13108/13/13 at 12:24am
While screaming children that kick the back of your chair is annoying on a flight, I think blasting your music is even ruder since you can easily control the volume level. Not only that, you're making yourself deaf and looking like a retard since you're using open-back headphones in an airplane for gawd's sake.post #1084 of 13108/13/13 at 12:49ampost #1085 of 13108/13/13 at 1:03ampost #1086 of 13108/13/13 at 6:33am
Kids are not MP3 players, you can't just press stop and they will stop screaming. Sometimes intervening while they are losing it will only make the situation worse.
Different kids behave differently, some kids will shut up when you tell them to, some will just scream louder and longer. I give the parents the benefit of the doubt in how they know best to deal with their children. And if they are some crazy beatniks who refuse to discipline their children, it will just come back and bite them worse than the kids annoy you on a flight.post #1087 of 13108/13/13 at 7:07ampost #1088 of 13108/13/13 at 7:47am
Well, I have to say I don't have too much experience outside of my core set of phones, but the ESP-950 are really a fantastic deal. I am looking to upgrade the amp to a reasonably priced Stax amp, then mod the extension cord, but those Stax amps are just too pricey for me at the moment.
Compared the the Magnums, the ESP-950 are much smoother, cleaner, and darker. The Magnums are fun, punchier, but are not as detailed and resolved. Both are open sounding phones.
Compared to the modded T50-RP, the ESP-950s are cleaner, not as dark (more sparkle up top as well), sound stage is more opened and more real, quite a bit more details (the T50-RP and the Magnums are about even). The T50-RPs are just more liquid, just a very warm sounding phone.
As for the W3, which I find to be the least sounding of the bunch, the ESP-950 just have it beat in everything, except, of course, portability. Don't get me wrong, the W3 is a great IEM, especially with the current used prices, but it just isn't comparable to full-sized cans that are deemed to be one of the better values.
Now that you mentioned it, it seems like I have an electrostatic, an ortho, a dynamic, and an armature. I think I have all the major head/earphone technologies.post #1089 of 13108/13/13 at 8:20ampost #1090 of 13108/14/13 at 10:00amFor those who has HD800 and ESP-950 and use them for movie watching. For vocals only, which one has the clearest (not only by boosting treble like my SR-60) articulation?
Fyi, HD800 is my benchmark for clearest sounding vocal for movies right now, followed by HD650, SA3000 and AD2000 about on par, but target slightly different frequency to achieve vocal clarity.post #1091 of 13108/16/13 at 9:26ampost #1092 of 13108/16/13 at 5:26pm
I bought an ESP-950 last night. $730 + taxes, which doesn't exactly seem cheap, but it's the lowest I have found, and can't find the mythical $650 price tag. They had two in stock last night, and when I woke up this morning they were all gone.
My other choice was a Beyer T5p, I hope the ESP-950 is really as good as they say!
Edited by Audioscope - 8/16/13 at 5:28pmpost #1093 of 13108/16/13 at 5:51pmpost #1094 of 13108/16/13 at 5:58pm
Bought from Amazon Canada. They only had two at $730 so I jumped on it!
Of course, we Canadians pay lots of tax, so it works out to be $820 after tax.
If you track down the store that is selling it on Amazon, you'll realize that they have it cheaper on their website if you include a coupon code. About $810.
Edited by Audioscope - 8/16/13 at 6:00pm
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 seconds ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 24 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › great portable bundle - Sony f886, 2 x lods, fiio e12 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob