Scarce information on them also.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2012 - Deals Last post on 7/7/13 at 8:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice needed on a 'final' TOTL Electrostatic amp within $2k price range. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
KOSS ESP-950 Thread - Page 73post #1081 of 21358/12/13 at 10:24pmpost #1082 of 21358/13/13 at 12:20amQuote:Originally Posted by MadMoxxi
Ha! I took an LCD2 onto a plane once and had to explain why it was locked in a "suspicious" looking box. A young kid was screaming and crying his eyes out for the first 20 minutes of the flight and his parents refused to try to hush him up. I had a big smile on my face after I put my LCD2's on and listened to some tunes. Laughed hard when that family looked over to me after three straight hours of dubstep leaking out into the plane from my headphones, then tried to complain that my music was too loud. Great flight.
I hate people who dont bother trying to control their children during flights even more than the people with obnoxious manners (e.g. loud talking, dont know how to eat properly, dont bathe, recline their chair inappropriately, etc)post #1083 of 21358/13/13 at 12:24am
While screaming children that kick the back of your chair is annoying on a flight, I think blasting your music is even ruder since you can easily control the volume level. Not only that, you're making yourself deaf and looking like a retard since you're using open-back headphones in an airplane for gawd's sake.post #1084 of 21358/13/13 at 12:49ampost #1085 of 21358/13/13 at 1:03ampost #1086 of 21358/13/13 at 6:33am
Kids are not MP3 players, you can't just press stop and they will stop screaming. Sometimes intervening while they are losing it will only make the situation worse.
Different kids behave differently, some kids will shut up when you tell them to, some will just scream louder and longer. I give the parents the benefit of the doubt in how they know best to deal with their children. And if they are some crazy beatniks who refuse to discipline their children, it will just come back and bite them worse than the kids annoy you on a flight.post #1087 of 21358/13/13 at 7:07ampost #1088 of 21358/13/13 at 7:47am
Well, I have to say I don't have too much experience outside of my core set of phones, but the ESP-950 are really a fantastic deal. I am looking to upgrade the amp to a reasonably priced Stax amp, then mod the extension cord, but those Stax amps are just too pricey for me at the moment.
Compared the the Magnums, the ESP-950 are much smoother, cleaner, and darker. The Magnums are fun, punchier, but are not as detailed and resolved. Both are open sounding phones.
Compared to the modded T50-RP, the ESP-950s are cleaner, not as dark (more sparkle up top as well), sound stage is more opened and more real, quite a bit more details (the T50-RP and the Magnums are about even). The T50-RPs are just more liquid, just a very warm sounding phone.
As for the W3, which I find to be the least sounding of the bunch, the ESP-950 just have it beat in everything, except, of course, portability. Don't get me wrong, the W3 is a great IEM, especially with the current used prices, but it just isn't comparable to full-sized cans that are deemed to be one of the better values.
Now that you mentioned it, it seems like I have an electrostatic, an ortho, a dynamic, and an armature. I think I have all the major head/earphone technologies.post #1089 of 21358/13/13 at 8:20ampost #1090 of 21358/14/13 at 10:00amFor those who has HD800 and ESP-950 and use them for movie watching. For vocals only, which one has the clearest (not only by boosting treble like my SR-60) articulation?
Fyi, HD800 is my benchmark for clearest sounding vocal for movies right now, followed by HD650, SA3000 and AD2000 about on par, but target slightly different frequency to achieve vocal clarity.post #1091 of 21358/16/13 at 9:26ampost #1092 of 21358/16/13 at 5:26pm
I bought an ESP-950 last night. $730 + taxes, which doesn't exactly seem cheap, but it's the lowest I have found, and can't find the mythical $650 price tag. They had two in stock last night, and when I woke up this morning they were all gone.
My other choice was a Beyer T5p, I hope the ESP-950 is really as good as they say!
Edited by Audioscope - 8/16/13 at 5:28pmpost #1093 of 21358/16/13 at 5:51pmpost #1094 of 21358/16/13 at 5:58pm
Bought from Amazon Canada. They only had two at $730 so I jumped on it!
Of course, we Canadians pay lots of tax, so it works out to be $820 after tax.
If you track down the store that is selling it on Amazon, you'll realize that they have it cheaper on their website if you include a coupon code. About $810.
Edited by Audioscope - 8/16/13 at 6:00pm
- KOSS ESP-950 Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 15 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 4 minutes ago
- › New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › 2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 11 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 12 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse