1. They aren't as expensive as Sony R-10s, which cost $5-6000 second hand.
2. They aren't as expensive as Stax SR-009s, which are around $5000 outside Japan.
3. You have LCD-2s, so it's only $1k more.
4. The diaphragm is 6x lighter than the LCD-2's, but the headphones are only 2x the cost.
6. Norse and Q "shoelace" cables as well as ALO's 16-wire really match the new wood nicely.
7. <1ms decay in the treble without ringing on waterfall plots, whatever the heck that means.
8. Something about creamy from someone who is never being allowed a custom title ever again.*
9. If you were drunk, you'd think they sounded like Omega IIs.**
10. Jude, Skylab and Tyll all love them, so they have to be good.
I hope you enjoyed my lousy attempt at taking the piss out of the forums. :-)
* googlei will kill me for this, but I couldn't resist.
** See Asr's review of the LCD-2s.