Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 is coming!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 is coming!! - Page 2

post #16 of 120

 

A good DAP doesn't need a customer support hotline.

 

You're just sour because you had issues with the UI on the Colorfly CK4 right? ;)

 

post #17 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

Let us know how it sounds like in comparison to your Hifiman 601 =)


Teclast X19+ HM-601.JPG


They sound very different.

 

 

post #18 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

A good DAP doesn't need a customer support hotline.

 

You're just sour because you had issues with the UI on the Colorfly CK4 right? ;)

 



Kiteki, lol.  You fit in here at Head Fi perfectly.

 

 

post #19 of 120

Is there anbody who tried the C3?

post #20 of 120

I've used it. You know who I am, so take this with a grain of salt. I'd not buy it. It seems that there are many units in China and abroad (most or all) that have navigation errors, and typical colorfly stuff. It does sound good and has low noise floor and is small and well-made, but it works like a fifth wheel at best. Again, you are paying more for 'sound quality' with no regard for finish, polish, ergonomics, or even proper working condition.

 

I find it beautiful but hardly worth the asking price. Others may disagree. I will be happy to have their opinions here as mine isn't a good one to add to this thread. If I bought one rather than borrowed it, I'd be fuming.

 

I refused to review it if that is any indication. The review would be too full of vitriol.

post #21 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

I've used it. You know who I am, so take this with a grain of salt. I'd not buy it. It seems that there are many units in China and abroad (most or all) that have navigation errors, and typical colorfly stuff. It does sound good and has low noise floor and is small and well-made, but it works like a fifth wheel at best. Again, you are paying more for 'sound quality' with no regard for finish, polish, ergonomics, or even proper working condition.

 

I find it beautiful but hardly worth the asking price. Others may disagree. I will be happy to have their opinions here as mine isn't a good one to add to this thread. If I bought one rather than borrowed it, I'd be fuming.

 

I refused to review it if that is any indication. The review would be too full of vitriol.

 

Thanks for the input. It is quite funny, because I thought of buying a C3, because of the simple UI and nice SQ. It is quite a dissapointment, while even at this level of simplicity it does not work properly.

 

BTW this is a Colorfly tablet: http://www.electronicschina.org/colorfly-ct97-vanilla-1ghz-1g-ram-9-7-inch-android-4-0-tablet-review/

post #22 of 120

The UI is NOT simple. It might work reasonably well if the buttons depressed properly. Because + -, and all buttons on the extremity are hard to press, there isn't much simplicity about this thing. The C4 is much simpler to use than this. So is a rockbox player with the most advanced design. Put on gloves and use an iPod touch - that's about the level of simplicity Colorfly have coaxed from this thing. 

post #23 of 120
Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post

i think the newer Colorfly C3 has a better internal DAC design, use TI/burr brown pcm1770

 

edit:

eh wait, this thread is for Teclast T51...

sorry off topic.

 

 

So you think C3 is better than CK4?

 

Do you know which op-amp the HO uses for the C3?

post #24 of 120

The C3 sounds pretty good, though it has typical roll off problems. As long as the interface worked properly, it would be a nice luxury player. But luxury and poor interface are hard to deal with.

post #25 of 120

I see it looks like the TI PCM1770 has a "headphone amplifier" in the DAC chip itself!  Hehe.  http://www.ti.com/product/pcm1770

 

 

Hot Selling Colorfly Pocket HiFi C3 Professional MP3 Player

 

 

Hot Selling Colorfly Pocket HiFi C3 Professional MP3 Player

 

 

Hot Selling Colorfly Pocket HiFi C3 Professional MP3 Player

 

 

Hot Selling Colorfly Pocket HiFi C3 Professional MP3 Player

 

 

Hot Selling Colorfly Pocket HiFi C3 Professional MP3 Player

 

 

Specifications:

Product type pure audio MP3
Flash memory storage medium
4GB storage capacity
Expansion card support MicroSD (TF) card
The battery types of lithium battery
The screen size of 0.82 inch OLED screen
OLED screen material
Audio format support WAV in, FLAC, MP3, WMA

WAV:32-48KHz 8-24bit

FLAC:32-48KHz 16bit

APE:32-48KHz 16bit

MP3:8-320Kbps

WMA:8-448Kbps

Sound mode digital sound
Frequency response range 22 Hz-20 Khz + /-0.5 DBS
Signal-to-noise
ratio (SNR > sex than 97 db
Total harmonic distortion < 0.1%
The firmware update support
Chip solutions DAC: TI PCM1770

post #26 of 120
Originally Posted by shigzeo View Post

The C3 sounds pretty good, though it has typical roll off problems. As long as the interface worked properly, it would be a nice luxury player. But luxury and poor interface are hard to deal with.

 

Where did you see the roll-off, how much?  I don't care about UI to be honest.  I can just put Utada Hikaru live 24bit/48khz WAV ripped direct from blu-ray on this device and press play with the CK100PRO right? ;)


Edited by kiteki - 7/10/12 at 6:36am
post #27 of 120

Too bad they don't do FLAC in more than 16 bits. Same with C4 Pro.

post #28 of 120

With low Ω earphones, it drops, at least with Earsonics SM2. I took the measurements myself and it is typical, at least it doesn't get waffled, but simply and gently falls off after 100Hz. 

post #29 of 120

Aha, bass roll-off, I see. ;)

 

In the Teclast T51, I heard that's the TDA1308 chips fault, I measured it too, I think it looked OK.  The Teclast T51 isn't sold at houseofdap.com or ownta.com anymore, and I'm tired of it's sound, which is why I'm in this thread now, looking for an alternative wich a real DAC chip. ;)

 

Then there is the Sony Z1050/1060/1070 without MicroSD, and I'm skeptical they have a pure sound, the new Xperia S and Xperia P sound very nice, just a little enhanced somehow perhaps, not sure.

 

I emailed Colorfly yesterday to ask where I should buy the CK4.


Edited by kiteki - 7/10/12 at 6:51am
post #30 of 120

CK4 - I don't know who carry it now. I know first hand that Musica Acoustics did, but who knows now. I've also heard there were some build quality issues before. I don't know if they are addressed or not. I've never used the player.

 

EDIT: sound of C3 is pleasing, for sure, and size is perfect (a bit bigger than the 3rd gen iPod nano 'sumo') and well put together. UI seems okay. If you are used to Cowon players, you know what to expect in terms of bass roll off (minimal, but can be heard in some cases). Low noise floor. Luxury feel. I think it doesn't come with earphones, but here at headfi, that isn't a big deal at all, is it?


Edited by shigzeo - 7/11/12 at 2:55am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 is coming!!