Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 is coming!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Colorfly C3 is coming!! - Page 8

post #106 of 120

I have had the similar issue with an Australian eBay-er who sold iPad smart cover at a very good price (70% off retail). The eBay-er came in as pretty new (a few months old with over a hundred feedbacks over a span of 5 months).

 

So, I paid him, waited a month and a half. Never receive the item. Messaged him and he said that he will send another one out of goodwill. Waited another month plus, no sight of the item. By then, the seller has disappeared from the face of eBay with my money. I wondered how much that guy has made by then, but he was clever in dragging the entire saga to maximise the number of sales he could get.

 

Regardless of country, though I know most came from China/Hong Kong, be wary of scammers on eBay. Ratings don't mean everything, more so if they chalked up their ratings with other totally irrelevant products to make up for the numbers. Not sure if they operate in groups in order to mass up the feedbacks over an extended duration to make everything look realistic.

 

So, to prevent your money being locked in for nothing and the hassle of going through dispute settlement (which I have been unable to get back my money), do buy wisely.

post #107 of 120

beware of sellers like this http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/pushigoog?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

post #108 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylolz View Post

beware of sellers like this http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/pushigoog?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Sweet Colorfly C4 Pro for $9, why get the C3 when you can get a C4 Pro... biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 5/13/13 at 6:20am
post #109 of 120

eBay Update:

 

Well, sure enough, the Colorfly C3 that I purchased on eBay from QIANGZHANGHIHI for $9.90 plus $30 shipping arrived in today's mail from  Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, earlier than expected and in a suspiciously small envelope. Upon opening it, I found a white Apple style USB-to-30 pin wire inside instead of the music player I ordered! So, I immediately opened an eBay Buyer Protection case to try to get my money back and will see where it goes from here. Lesson learned...again! 

 

My hope is that this scammer will be banished from eBay and that others will learn from this "educational experiment" of mine. Call me naive if that makes you feel smarter, but it was a calculated risk based 50/50 on idealistic optimism and sheer curiosity. Happily, the consequences aren't too severe, and hopefully the results will provide some benefit to others here on HeadFi as they shop eBay.

 

I guess it's still a truism: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

post #110 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachpea View Post

Call me naive

Excuse me, but may I call you stupid? Only a stupid person will believe in such type of tales.

Or maybe I'm too severe, because idiots never learn anything from their mistakes, smart learn from their own mistakes, while wise learn from other's mistakes :)

post #111 of 120

beachpea i hope ur experience doesnt put u off getting the c3.  theres other buyers on these pages who have been sucessful in getting one,  including me. if id have known the sq of the c3, id have thought the £65.00 they wanted was perhaps "too good to be true" but others had bought before me and confirmed it was genuine, so i got in on it. i hope if u do eventually get a c3 youll think it was worth it in the end, as the sq is so good
 

post #112 of 120
post #113 of 120

re above post,  my parcel was marked as a gift, and total value GBP 15- and took 7 days to arrive.  but do your own research on this item and seller and ask them questions, they responded to my email when i contacted them

regards
 

post #114 of 120

also check page 83 of c3 appreciation and discussion thread, "bigbargainsonline" is a reputable dealer it seems

post #115 of 120

At the risk of further insult from "smarter, wiser" members here, I write to finish the story of the $9 Colorfly Myth and to credit eBay for extracting a speedy and full refund from scammer/ seller RUISONG ZENG whose eBay identity is QIANGZHANGHIHI.

 

I must admit that I am pleasantly surprised with, and appreciative of, the effectiveness of eBay's Customer Support efforts. I see that the listing is now removed.

 

Many thanks to those members who offered support and kind advice in this matter. I hope that others will benefit from my experience, both negative with bogus sellers, and positive with eBay's Customer Protection program!

post #116 of 120

More like "rude and arrogant"...

 

But thanks beachpea for biting the bullet and finding out about these $9 + $XX shipping things on eBay are all about.

Great to hear you got your money back, unfortunately the scammer there will turn up again under a different name from a different location in China to make quick money again.

beerchug.gif

post #117 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by laowai View Post

Excuse me, but may I call you stupid? Only a stupid person will believe in such type of tales.

Or maybe I'm too severe, because idiots never learn anything from their mistakes, smart learn from their own mistakes, while wise learn from other's mistakes :)


So tell us all just what exactly you learned from executing a personal attack on a member on a public board.

post #118 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


So tell us all just what exactly you learned from executing a personal attack on a member on a public board.

What do you want me to tell?

I knew that beachpea will receive some trifle, this is no surprise for me. It's not a surprise that eBay has refunded the payment.

Insulting, you say? I always call the things by their names. If beachpea has too much spare time and he is still thinking there are no vilains on this land - it's his problem, not mine. But why shall I call him brave and courageous, not otherwise?

I argue against tolerance and indulgence to all the sort of time-wasters.

 

I have nothing to learn, because I know all that since ages - there's no reason to talk to fans or people, obsessed on music. Specially when the talk is about money :)

post #119 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by laowai View Post

What do you want me to tell?

I knew that beachpea will receive some trifle, this is no surprise for me. It's not a surprise that eBay has refunded the payment.

Insulting, you say? I always call the things by their names. If beachpea has too much spare time and he is still thinking there are no vilains on this land - it's his problem, not mine. But why shall I call him brave and courageous, not otherwise?

I argue against tolerance and indulgence to all the sort of time-wasters.

 

I have nothing to learn, because I know all that since ages - there's no reason to talk to fans or people, obsessed on music. Specially when the talk is about money :)

 

Mister, You have the wrong end of that animal in your avatar!

post #120 of 120
If the price looks too good to be true it is probably a scam enough said.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Colorfly C3 is coming!!